February 21: Day of the Week
February 21, 2020 was the 52nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 314 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melissa’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 21: This Day in History
In addition, it’s the first day of the astronomical winter.
February 21 Historical Event(s)
- 362Athanasius returns to Alexandria.
- 1804The first self-propelling steam locomotive makes its outing at the Pen-y-Darren Ironworks in Wales.
- 1842John Greenough is granted the first U.S. patent for the sewing machine.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Valverde is fought near Fort Craig in New Mexico Territory.
- 1885The newly completed Washington Monument is dedicated.
- 1937The League of Nations bans foreign national “volunteers” in the Spanish Civil War.
- 1945World War II: Japanese Kamikaze planes sink the escort carrier Bismarck Sea and damage the Saratoga.
- 1970Swissair Flight 330: A mid-air bomb explosion and subsequent crash kills 38 passengers and nine crew members near Zürich, Switzerland.
- 1974The last Israeli soldiers leave the west bank of the Suez Canal pursuant to a truce with Egypt.
- 2004The first European political party organization, the European Greens, is established in Rome.
Who were born on February 21?
- 1909Hans Erni, Swiss painter
- 1935Mark McManus, Scottish actor (d. 1994)
- 1940John Lewis, American politician and civil rights activist
- 1947Victor Sokolov, Russian journalist (d. 2006)
- 1949Jerry Harrison, American musician
- 1963William Baldwin, American actor
- 1971Randy Blythe, American musician
- 1975Wish Bone, American rapper (Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
- 1983Braylon Edwards, American football player
- 1985Jarrod Atkinson, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.