February 21: Day of the Week
February 21, 2019 was the 52nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 313 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 21: This Day in History
In addition, it’s the first day of the astronomical winter.
February 21 Historical Event(s)
- 362Athanasius returns to Alexandria.
- 1804The first self-propelling steam locomotive makes its outing at the Pen-y-Darren Ironworks in Wales.
- 1874The Oakland Daily Tribune publishes its first edition.
- 1878The first telephone book is issued in New Haven, Connecticut.
- 1919Kurt Eisner, German socialist, is assassinated. His death results in the establishment of the Bavarian Soviet Republic and parliament and government fleeing Munich, Germany.
- 1925The New Yorker publishes its first issue.
- 1937The League of Nations bans foreign national “volunteers” in the Spanish Civil War.
- 1947In New York City, Edwin Land demonstrates the first “instant camera”, the Polaroid Land Camera, to a meeting of the Optical Society of America.
- 1952The British government, under Winston Churchill, abolishes identity cards in the UK to “set the people free”.
- 1958The Peace symbol, commissioned by Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in protest against the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment, is designed and completed by Gerald Holtom.
Who were born on February 21?
- 1484Elector Joachim I of Brandenburg (d. 1535)
- 1703Shah Waliullah, Islamic Scholar and Reformer (d. 1762)
- 1900Madeleine Renaud, French theater actress (d. 1994)
- 1903Anaïs Nin, French diarist (d. 1977)
- 1942Margarethe von Trotta, German actress and film director
- 1947Victor Sokolov, Russian journalist (d. 2006)
- 1951Wolfgang Frank, German footballer
- 1960Steve Wynn, American singer
- 1974Iván Campo, Spanish footballer
- 1980Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, 5th king of Bhutan
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.