February 22: Day of the Week
February 22, 2022 was the 53rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 312 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AQNIKO? Check your answers here: Word search AQNIKO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Galileo’s Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems is published.
- 1797The Last Invasion of Britain begins near Fishguard, Wales.
- 1853Washington University in St. Louis is founded as Eliot Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1879In Utica, New York, Frank Woolworth opens the first of many of 5 and dime Woolworth stores.
- 1958Egypt and Syria join to form the United Arab Republic.
- 1959Lee Petty wins the first Daytona 500.
- 1973Cold War: Following President Richard Nixon’s visit to the People’s Republic of China, the two countries agree to establish liaison offices.
- 1974The Organisation of the Islamic Conference summit begins in Lahore, Pakistan. Thirty-seven countries attend and twenty-two heads of state and government participate. It also recognizes Bangladesh.
- 1980Miracle on Ice: In Lake Placid, New York, the United States hockey team defeats the Soviet Union hockey team 4-3.
- 2002Angolan political and rebel leader Jonas Savimbi is killed in a military ambush.
Who were born on February 22?
- 1756Georg Friedrich von Martens, German diplomat (d. 1821)
- 1824Pierre Janssen, French astronomer (d. 1907)
- 1864Jules Renard, French author (d. 1910)
- 1892Edna St. Vincent Millay, American poet (d. 1950)
- 1928Paul Dooley, American actor
- 1933Katharine, Duchess of Kent
- 1936Ádám Bodor, Hungarian writer from Transylvania
- 1959Kyle MacLachlan, American actor
- 1963Devon Malcolm, English Cricketer
- 1988Kévin Borlée, Belgian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.