February 22: Day of the Week
February 22, 2020 was the 53rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 313 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NSLIUMNMAAR? Check your answers here: Word scramble NSLIUMNMAAR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Galileo’s Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems is published.
- 1819By the Adams-Onís Treaty, Spain sells Florida to the United States for five million U.S. dollars.
- 1853Washington University in St. Louis is founded as Eliot Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri.
- 1879In Utica, New York, Frank Woolworth opens the first of many of 5 and dime Woolworth stores.
- 1924U.S. President Calvin Coolidge becomes the first President to deliver a radio broadcast from the White House.
- 1944World War II: American aircraft mistakenly bomb the Dutch towns of Nijmegen, Arnhem, Enschede and Deventer, resulting in 800 dead in Nijmegen alone.
- 1958Egypt and Syria join to form the United Arab Republic.
- 1959Lee Petty wins the first Daytona 500.
- 1983The notorious Broadway flop Moose Murders opens and closes on the same night at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre.
- 2011An earthquake measuring 6.3 in magnitude strikes Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 181 people.
Who were born on February 22?
- 1902Fritz Strassmann, German physicist (d. 1980)
- 1903Robert Weede, American baritone (d. 1972)
- 1914Renato Dulbecco, Nobel laureate
- 1949Niki Lauda, Austrian race car driver and entrepreneur
- 1961Akira Takasaki, Japanese guitarist
- 1964Ed Boon, American video game programmer
- 1969Joaquín Cortés, Spanish dancer
- 1972Laurence Leboucher, French cyclist
- 1979Brett Emerton, Australian footballer
- 1980Kang Sung Hoon, South Korean singer (Sechs Kies)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.