February 23: Day of the Week
February 23, 2020 was the 54th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 312 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JJMAOEIMN? Check your answers here: Word search JJMAOEIMN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1861President-elect Abraham Lincoln arrives secretly in Washington, D.C., after the thwarting of an alleged assassination plot in Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1883Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an antitrust law.
- 1886Charles Martin Hall produced the first samples of man-made aluminum, after several years of intensive work. He was assisted in this project by his older sister Julia Brainerd Hall.
- 1903Cuba leases Guantánamo Bay to the United States “in perpetuity”.
- 1917First demonstrations in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The beginning of the February Revolution.
- 1943A fire breaks out at St. Joseph’s Orphanage, County Cavan, Ireland, killing 36 people (35 of whom are children).
- 1974The Symbionese Liberation Army demands $4 million more to release kidnap victim Patty Hearst.
- 1987Supernova 1987a is seen in the Large Magellanic Cloud.
- 1998In the United States, tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42.
- 2008A United States Air Force B-2 Spirit crashes on Guam. It is the first operational loss of a B-2.
Who were born on February 23?
- 1646Tokugawa Tsunayoshi, Japanese shogun (d. 1709)
- 1850César Ritz, Swiss hotelier (d. 1918)
- 1915Paul Tibbets, US Air Force retired Brigadier General and pilot of B-29 “Enola Gay” over Hiroshima (d. 2007)
- 1950Maxi, Irish singer and radio personality
- 1955Howard Jones, British pop singer
- 1962Michael Wilton, American musician (Queensrÿche)
- 1963Bobby Bonilla, American baseball player
- 1974Leko, American DJ
- 1979S.E. Cupp, American author and political commentator
- 1981Gareth Barry, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.