February 23: Day of the Week
February 23, 2019 is the 54th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 311 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1778American Revolution: Baron von Steuben arrives at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania to help to train the Continental Army.
- 1870In the United States, post-Civil War military control of Mississippi ends and it is readmitted to the Union.
- 1883Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an antitrust law.
- 1886Charles Martin Hall produced the first samples of man-made aluminum, after several years of intensive work. He was assisted in this project by his older sister Julia Brainerd Hall.
- 1896The Tootsie Roll is invented.
- 1903Cuba leases Guantánamo Bay to the United States “in perpetuity”.
- 1927President Calvin Coolidge signs a bill by Congress establishing the Federal Radio Commission (later replaced by the Federal Communications Commission) which was to regulate the use of radio frequencies in the United States.
- 1943A fire breaks out at St. Joseph’s Orphanage, County Cavan, Ireland, killing 36 people (35 of whom are children).
- 1945World War II: The German town of Pforzheim is completely destroyed in a raid by 379 British bombers.
- 1998In the United States, tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42.
Who were born on February 23?
- 1680Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville, French colonizer and Governor of Louisiana (d. 1767)
- 1868W. E. B. Du Bois, American civil rights leader (d. 1963)
- 1932Majel Barrett, American actress (d. 2008)
- 1946Rusty Young, American country-rock guitarist (Poco)
- 1947John McWethy, American journalist (d. 2008)
- 1951Patricia Richardson, American actress
- 1962Michael Wilton, American musician (Queensrÿche)
- 1974Herschelle Gibbs, South African cricketer
- 1978Dan Snyder, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2003)
- 1983Mido, Egyptian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.