February 23: Day of the Week
February 23, 2021 was the 54th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 311 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CUUAIBDXNDBEP? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters CUUAIBDXNDBEP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1883Alabama becomes the first U.S. state to enact an antitrust law.
- 1887The French Riviera is hit by a large earthquake, killing around 2,000.
- 1900In South Africa, Boers and British troops fight in the Battle of Hart’s Hill.
- 1943A fire breaks out at St. Joseph’s Orphanage, County Cavan, Ireland, killing 36 people (35 of whom are children).
- 1944The Soviet Union begins the forced deportation of the Chechen and Ingush people from the North Caucasus to Central Asia.
- 1947The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is founded.
- 1974The Symbionese Liberation Army demands $4 million more to release kidnap victim Patty Hearst.
- 1998In the United States, tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42.
- 2008A United States Air Force B-2 Spirit crashes on Guam. It is the first operational loss of a B-2.
- 2010Unknown criminals pour more than 2.5 million liters of diesel oil and other hydrocarbons into the river Lambro, in Northern Italy, causing an environmental disaster.
Who were born on February 23?
- 1583Jean-Baptiste Morin, French scientist (d. 1656)
- 1809William Sprague, American minister and politician from Michigan (d. 1868)
- 1868Anna Hoffman-Uddgren, Swedish director and actress (d. 1947)
- 1904Terence Fisher, English film director (d. 1980)
- 1927Régine Crespin, French operatic soprano (d. 2007)
- 1948Doug Moench, American comic book writer
- 1953Kenny Bee,Hong Kong actor,musician and singer
- 1969Daymond John, American fashion designer
- 1978Jo Joyner, English actress
- 1981Gareth Barry, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.