February 28: Day of the Week
February 28, 2022 was the 59th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 306 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DAIRTAEUPP? Check your answers here: Word solver DAIRTAEUPP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 28 Historical Event(s)
- 870The Fourth Council of Constantinople closes.
- 1638The Scottish National Covenant is signed in Edinburgh.
- 1844A gun on USS Princeton explodes while the boat is on a Potomac River cruise, killing eight people, including two United States Cabinet members.
- 1935DuPont scientist Wallace Carothers invents nylon.
- 1947228 Incident: In Taiwan, civil disorder is put down with the loss of 30,000 civilian lives.
- 1953James D. Watson and Francis Crick announce to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; the formal announcement takes place on April 25 following publication in April’s Nature (pub. April 2).
- 1954The first color television sets using the NTSC standard are offered for sale to the general public.
- 1980Andalusia approves its statute of autonomy through a referendum.
- 1991The first Gulf War ends.
- 2004Over 1 million Taiwanese participating in the 228 Hand-in-Hand Rally form a 500 km long human chain to commemorate the 228 Incident in 1947
Who were born on February 28?
- 1882Geraldine Farrar, American soprano (d. 1967)
- 1915Peter Medawar, Brazilian-born scientist, Nobel laureate (d. 1987)
- 1931Gavin MacLeod, American actor
- 1933Rein Taagepera, Estonian politician
- 1957Paul Delph, American musician and producer (d. 1996)
- 1961Eric Bachelart, Belgian racing driver
- 1969Butch Leitzinger, American race car driver
- 1980Lucian Bute, Romanian-born Canadian boxer
- 1985Jelena Janković, Serbian tennis player
- 1985Tim Bresnan, British cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.