February 29, 1940: Day of the Week
February 29, 1940 was the 60th day of the year 1940 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 306 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
A person born on this day will be 83 years old today. If that same person saved a Penny every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $290.65 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UXHHISUW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UXHHISUW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the February 1940 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1940 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
February 29, 1940 Historical Event(s)
- 1940Finland initiates Winter War peace negotiations
- 1940For her role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind, Hattie McDaniel becomes the first African American to win an Academy Award.
- 1940In a ceremony held in Berkeley, California, because of the war, physicist Ernest Lawrence receives the 1939 Nobel Prize in Physics from Sweden’s Consul General in San Francisco.
Who were born on February 29, 1940?
- 1940Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople
- 1940William H. Turner, Jr. American horse trainer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.