February 3: Day of the Week
February 3, 2019 was the 34th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 331 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1112Ramon Berenguer III of Barcelona and Douce I of Provence marry, uniting the fortunes of those two states.
- 1781American Revolutionary War: British forces seize the Dutch-owned Caribbean island Sint Eustatius.
- 1787Shays’ Rebellion is crushed.
- 1852Justo José de Urquiza defeats Juan Manuel de Rosas at the Battle of Caseros.
- 1916Parliament buildings in Ottawa, Canada burn down.
- 1944World War II: During the Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign, U.S. Army and Marine forces seize Kwajalein Atoll from the defending Japanese garrison.
- 1957Senegalese political party Democratic Rally merges into the Senegalese Party of Socialist Action (PSAS).
- 1966The unmanned Soviet Luna 9 spacecraft makes the first controlled rocket-assisted landing on the Moon.
- 1973New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1996The Lijiang earthquake in Lijiang, Yunnan, China.
Who were born on February 3?
- 1913Richard Seaman, British racing driver (d. 1939)
- 1925John Fiedler, American voice actor (d. 2005)
- 1947Stephen McHattie, Canadian actor
- 1948Carlos Felipe Ximenes Belo, East Timorese politician, Nobel Peace laureate
- 1955Kirsty Wark, British broadcast journalist
- 1961Linda Eder, American singer
- 1969Robert Pack, American basketball player
- 1970Óscar Córdoba, Colombian footballer
- 1976Dwayne Rudd, American football player
- 1982Jessica Harp, American singer (The Wreckers)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.