February 5: Day of the Week
February 5, 2021 was the 36th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dennis’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1782Spanish defeat British forces and capture Minorca.
- 1859Wallachia and Moldavia are united under Alexander John Cuza as the United Principalities, an autonomous region within the Ottoman Empire, which ushered the birth of the modern Romanian state.
- 1869The largest alluvial gold nugget in history, called the “Welcome Stranger”, is found in Moliagul, Victoria, Australia.
- 1918SS Tuscania (1914) is torpedoed off the coast of Ireland; it is the first ship carrying American troops to Europe to be torpedoed and sunk.
- 1918Stephen W. Thompson shoots down a German airplane. It is the first aerial victory by the U.S. military.
- 1924The Royal Greenwich Observatory begins broadcasting the hourly time signals known as the Greenwich Time Signal or the “BBC pips”.
- 1962New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- 1972Bob Douglas becomes the first African American elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- 1976The 1976 swine flu outbreak begins at Fort Dix, NJ.
- 1988Manuel Noriega is indicted on drug smuggling and money laundering charges.
Who were born on February 5?
- 1534Giovanni de' Bardi, Italian writer (d. 1612)
- 1878André Citroën, French automobile pioneer (d. 1935)
- 1948Errol Morris, American film director
- 1951Russell Grant, British astrologer
- 1963Steven Shainberg, American film director
- 1968Roberto Alomar, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1977Ben Ainslie, British sailor
- 1980Robin Vik, Czech tennis player
- 1981Loukas Vyntra, Greek football player
- 1982Marc Kennedy, Canadian Curler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.