February 5: Day of the Week
February 5, 2021 was the 36th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XOTIHRPOPAYO? Check your answers here: Word finder XOTIHRPOPAYO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 5 Historical Event(s)
- 62Earthquake in Pompeii, Italy.
- 1597A group of early Japanese Christians are killed by the new government of Japan for being seen as a threat to Japanese society.
- 1631Roger Williams emigrates to Boston.
- 1885King Leopold II of Belgium establishes the Congo as a personal possession.
- 1924New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rat in Chinese astrology.
- 1946The Chondoist Chongu Party is founded in North Korea.
- 1994During the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina more than 60 people are killed and some 200 wounded as a mortar shell slams into a downtown marketplace in Sarajevo.
- 2004Rebels from the Revolutionary Artibonite Resistance Front capture the city of Gonaïves, starting the 2004 Haiti rebellion.
- 2004Twenty-three Chinese people drown when a group of 35 cockle-pickers are trapped by rising tides in Morecambe Bay, England. Twenty-one bodies are recovered.
- 2008A major tornado outbreak across the Southern United States leaves 57 dead, the most since the May 31, 1985 outbreak that killed 88.
Who were born on February 5?
- 1808Carl Spitzweg, German painter (d. 1885)
- 1900Adlai Stevenson, American politician, 31st Governor of Illinois (d. 1965)
- 1907Pierre Pflimlin, French Politician (d. 2000)
- 1919Red Buttons, American actor (d. 2006)
- 1920Frank Muir, British comedian (d. 1998)
- 1942Cory Wells, American singer (Three Dog Night)
- 1952Daniel Balavoine, French singer and songwriter (d. 1986)
- 1980Jo Swinson, British politician
- 1985Crystal Hunt, American actress
- 1985Laurence Maroney, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.