February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2019 was the 37th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society started a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1843The first minstrel show in the United States, The Virginia Minstrels, opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
- 1922The Washington Naval Treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., limiting the naval armaments of United States, Britain, Japan, France, and Italy.
- 1934Far right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
- 1951New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1959Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments files the first patent for an integrated circuit.
- 1976In testimony before a United States Senate subcommittee, Lockheed Corporation president Carl Kotchian admits that the company had paid out approximately million in bribes to the office of Japanese Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka.
- 1978The Blizzard of 1978, one of the worst Nor'easters in New England history, hit the region, with sustained winds of 65 mph and snowfall of 4\" an hour.
- 1998Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1772Karl von Kügelgen, German landscape and history painter (d. 1832)
- 1797Joseph von Radowitz, Prussian statesman and general (d. 1853)
- 1866Karl Sapper, German explorer and linguist (d. 1945)
- 1911Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States (d. 2004)
- 1922Haskell Wexler, American cinematographer
- 1946Jim Turner, American politician
- 1960Frank Jeske, East German footballer (d. 1994)
- 1967Izumi Sakai, Japanese singer (Zard) (d. 2007)
- 1968Akira Yamaoka, Japanese composer
- 1985Kris Humphries, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.