February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2019 was the 37th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1806Battle of San Domingo British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 1840Signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, establishing New Zealand as a British colony.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1922The Washington Naval Treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., limiting the naval armaments of United States, Britain, Japan, France, and Italy.
- 1942World War II: The United Kingdom declares war on Thailand.
- 1978The Blizzard of 1978, one of the worst Nor'easters in New England history, hit the region, with sustained winds of 65 mph and snowfall of 4\" an hour.
- 1981The National Resistance Army of Uganda launches an attack on a Ugandan Army installation in the central Mubende District to begin the Ugandan Bush War.
- 1996Willamette Valley Flood of 1996: Floods in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States, causes over US$500 million in property damage throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- 1998Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1577Beatrice Cenci, Italian noblewoman (d. 1599)
- 1818Jenaro Quesada y Matheus, Spanish nobleman and politician (d. 1889)
- 1861Nikolay Zelinsky, Russian chemist (d. 1953)
- 1866Karl Sapper, German explorer and linguist (d. 1945)
- 1875Leonid Gobyato, Russian general (d. 1915)
- 1876Henry Blogg, English lifeboatman, George Cross and British Empire Medal recipient (d. 1954)
- 1925Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Indonesian author (d. 2006)
- 1957Kathy Najimy, American actress and comedienne
- 1968Adolfo Valencia, Colombian footballer
- 1972Stefano Bettarini, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.