February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2021 was the 37th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IOGNUUP? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IOGNUUP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 191430 000 Swedish peasants from all over the country, who have travelled to Stockholm, carry out a huge protest march, which will be known as Bondetåget, to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, to show their support for King Gustaf V and his attempts to exercise personal power as a monarch. In the court yard, the king holds the so-called Court yard speech (Swedish Borggårdstalet, which crown prince Gustaf Adolf recites outside the castle to those, who do not get room at the court yard), where the king puts forth his opinion about the Swedish armed defence propagating that it should be strong, contrary to the official policy of Swedish prime minister Karl Staaff and his government of disarmament. This triggers a political crisis (the so-called Courtyard Crisis; Swedish Borggårdskrisen) and despite the fact that 50 000 workers two days later carry out a counter demonstration (the so-called Workers’ march), supporting the government, Karl Staaff is forced to resign on February 17. This is the last time the Swedish monarch tries to exercise any political power and from now on, the Swedish monarchs accept parliamentarism and abstain from claiming any political powers, even if they are not formally abolished until 1975, when the new Swedish instrument of government comes into effect.
- 1922The Washington Naval Treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., limiting the naval armaments of United States, Britain, Japan, France, and Italy.
- 1959Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments files the first patent for an integrated circuit.
- 1996Willamette Valley Flood of 1996: Floods in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States, causes over US$500 million in property damage throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- 2000Second Chechen War: Russia captures Grozny, Chechnya, forcing the separatist Chechen Republic of Ichkeria government into exile.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1778Ugo Foscolo, Italian writer and poet (d. 1827)
- 1802Charles Wheatstone, English scientist and inventor (d. 1875)
- 1864John Henry Mackay, Scottish individualist anarchist, thinker and writer (d. 1933)
- 1929Colin Murdoch, New Zealand pharmacist, inventor of the tranquilliser gun (d. 2008)
- 1941Spencer Silver, American chemist
- 1952Ricardo Lavolpe, Argentine football coach
- 1961Cam Cameron, American football coach
- 1975Tomoko Kawase, Japanese singer
- 1983S. Sreesanth, Indian cricketer
- 1988Bailey Hanks, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.