February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2020 was the 37th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mamie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1806Battle of San Domingo British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society started a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1899Spanish-American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
- 1900The international arbitration court at The Hague is created when the Senate of the Netherlands ratifies an 1899 peace conference decree.
- 1933The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- 1951New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1952Elizabeth II becomes the first queen regnant of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth Realms since Queen Victoria upon the death of her father, George VI. At the exact moment of succession, she was in a treehouse at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya.
- 1958Eight Manchester United F.C. players are killed in the Munich air disaster.
- 1978The Blizzard of 1978, one of the worst Nor'easters in New England history, hit the region, with sustained winds of 65 mph and snowfall of 4\" an hour.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1894Kirpal Singh, Indian religious figure (d. 1974)
- 1908Amintore Fanfani, Italian politician (d. 1999)
- 1924Jin Yong, Chinese-language novelist
- 1943Gayle Hunnicutt, American actress
- 1946Jim Turner, American politician
- 1946Richie Hayward, American musician (Little Feat) (d. 2010)
- 1957Kathy Najimy, American actress and comedienne
- 1958Cecily Adams, American actress (d. 2004)
- 1975Chad Allen, American retired baseball player
- 1992Víctor Mañon, Mexican footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.