February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2021 was the 37th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZRLDEDEUTU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ZRLDEDEUTU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1817The Argentinian San Martín crosses the Andes with an army in order to liberate Chile from Spanish rule.
- 1843The first minstrel show in the United States, The Virginia Minstrels, opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. Navy gives the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennesseein the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1933The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- 1958Eight Manchester United F.C. players are killed in the Munich air disaster.
- 1976In testimony before a United States Senate subcommittee, Lockheed Corporation president Carl Kotchian admits that the company had paid out approximately million in bribes to the office of Japanese Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka.
- 1987Justice Mary Gaudron is appointed to the High Court of Australia, the first woman to be appointed.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1461Džore Držić, Croatian poet and playwright (d. 1501)
- 1772Sir George Murray, Scottish soldier and politician (d. 1830)
- 1802Charles Wheatstone, English scientist and inventor (d. 1875)
- 1849Ida Straus, American passenger aboard the Titanic (d.1912)
- 1918Lothar-Günther Buchheim, German author (d. 2007)
- 1955Bruno Stolorz, French rugby coach
- 1960Megan Gallagher, American actress
- 1967Izumi Sakai, Japanese singer (Zard) (d. 2007)
- 1968Akira Yamaoka, Japanese composer
- 1970Per Frandsen, Danish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.