February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2022 is the 37th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FHAACGELNIV? Check your answers here: Word scramble FHAACGELNIV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1817The Argentinian San Martín crosses the Andes with an army in order to liberate Chile from Spanish rule.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore.
- 1833Otto becomes the first modern King of Greece.
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. Navy gives the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennesseein the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 1899Spanish-American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1987Justice Mary Gaudron is appointed to the High Court of Australia, the first woman to be appointed.
- 1998Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1854Tommaso Alberto Vittorio of Savoy-Genoa, Italian prince (d. 1931)
- 1859Wilhelm Cohn, German chess master (d. 1913)
- 1861Nikolay Zelinsky, Russian chemist (d. 1953)
- 1910Irmgard Keun, German author (d. 1982)
- 1924Jin Yong, Chinese-language novelist
- 1936J. Howard Marshall III, American businessman
- 1940Petr Hájek, Czech mathematician
- 1941Spencer Silver, American chemist
- 1951Jacques Villeret, French film actor (d. 2005)
- 1969Tim Sherwood, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.