February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2021 is the 39th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AHUGMIKFOON? Check your answers here: Word solver AHUGMIKFOON. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1693The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia is granted a charter by King William III and Queen Mary II.
- 1807Battle of Eylau – Napoleon defeats Russians under General Benigssen.
- 1946The first portion of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, the first serious challenge to the popularity of the Authorized King James Version, is published.
- 1948The formal creation of the Korean People’s Army of North Korea is announced.
- 1952Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- 1963The regime of Prime Minister of Iraq, Brigadier General Abdul-Karim Qassem is overthrown by the Ba'ath Party.
- 1981Twenty-one association football spectators are trampled to death at Karaiskakis Stadium in Neo Faliro, Greece, after a football match between Olympiacos F.C. and AEK Athens FC.
- 1996The massive Internet collaboration “24 Hours in Cyberspace” takes place.
- 2001Disney California Adventure Park opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2035New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1894Ludwig Marcuse, German author and philosopher (d. 1971)
- 1933Jack Larson, American actor
- 1937Joe Raposo, American composer (d. 1989)
- 1944Roger Lloyd-Pack, English actor
- 1955John Grisham, American writer
- 1970John Filan, Australian footballer
- 1974Kimbo Slice, American mixed martial artist
- 1977Mathieu Turcotte, Canadian short-track speed skater
- 1989JaJuan Johnson, American basketball player
- 1990Bethany Hamilton, American surfer and shark attack survivor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.