February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2019 was the 39th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1250Seventh Crusade: Crusaders engage Ayyubid forces in the Battle of Al Mansurah.
- 1587Mary, Queen of Scots, is executed on suspicion of having been involved in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I.
- 1726The Supreme Privy Council is established in Russia.
- 1904Battle of Port Arthur: A surprise torpedo attack by the Japanese at Port Arthur, China starts the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1922President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1924Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- 1959New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1963The regime of Prime Minister of Iraq, Brigadier General Abdul-Karim Qassem is overthrown by the Ba'ath Party.
- 1974After 84 days in space, the crew of Skylab 4, the last crew to visit American space station Skylab, returns to Earth.
- 1983The Melbourne dust storm hits Australia’s second largest city. The result of the worst drought on record and a day of severe weather conditions, a 320 m deep dust cloud envelops the city, turning day to night.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1405Constantine XI Palaiologos, last Byzantine Emperor (d. 1453)
- 1822Maxime Du Camp, French photographer and journalist (d. 1894)
- 1932Jean Saunders née Jean Innes, English writer
- 1933Elly Ameling, Dutch soprano
- 1966Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger, German author
- 1971Andre El Haddad, Lebannon football referee
- 1976Abi Titmuss, English glamour model
- 1989Courtney Vandersloot, American basketball player
- 1990Bethany Hamilton, American surfer and shark attack survivor
- 1994Nikki Yanofsky, Canadian artist and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.