February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2021 was the 39th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UDEVUEYS? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UDEVUEYS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1856Barbu Dimitrie Ştirbei abolishes slavery in Wallachia.
- 1879The England cricket team led by Lord Harris is attacked during a riot during a match in Sydney.
- 1904Battle of Port Arthur: A surprise torpedo attack by the Japanese at Port Arthur, China starts the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1915D.W. Griffith’s controversial film The Birth of a Nation premieres in Los Angeles.
- 1922President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1942World War II: Japan invades Singapore.
- 1960The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1969Allende meteorite falls near Pueblito de Allende, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- 1981Twenty-one association football spectators are trampled to death at Karaiskakis Stadium in Neo Faliro, Greece, after a football match between Olympiacos F.C. and AEK Athens FC.
- 2035New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1894Ludwig Marcuse, German author and philosopher (d. 1971)
- 1918Fred Blassie, American professional wrestler (d. 2003)
- 1942Robert Klein, American comedian
- 1958Sherri Martel, American professional wrestler (d. 2007)
- 1959Damir Maričić, Croatian footballer
- 1960Dino Ciccarelli, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1961Bruce Timm, TV Producer (DC Animated Universe)
- 1966Ulrich Hesse-Lichtenberger, German author
- 1976Khaled Mashud, Bangladeshi cricketer
- 1979Josh Keaton, American actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.