February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2020 was the 39th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Willis’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1879Sandford Fleming first proposes adoption of Universal Standard Time at a meeting of the Royal Canadian Institute.
- 1879The England cricket team led by Lord Harris is attacked during a riot during a match in Sydney.
- 1904Battle of Port Arthur: A surprise torpedo attack by the Japanese at Port Arthur, China starts the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1915D.W. Griffith’s controversial film The Birth of a Nation premieres in Los Angeles.
- 1924Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- 1952Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- 1959New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1989An Independent Air Boeing 707 crashes into Santa Maria mountain in the Azores, killing 144.
- 1996The massive Internet collaboration “24 Hours in Cyberspace” takes place.
- 2001Disney California Adventure Park opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1700Daniel Bernoulli, Dutch-born mathematician (d. 1782)
- 1792Queen Caroline Augusta of Bavaria of Hungary and Bohemia (d. 1873)
- 1847Hugh Price Hughes, English social reformer (d. 1902)
- 1893Ba Maw, Burmese politician (d. 1977)
- 1906Chester Carlson, American physicist and inventor (d. 1968)
- 1949Brooke Adams, American actress
- 1951Z'EV, American text/sound artist
- 1961Vince Neil, American singer (Mötley Crüe)
- 1969Shiva Rose, American actress
- 1970Alonzo Mourning, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.