February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2019 was the 39th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1887The Dawes Act authorizes the President of the United States to survey Native American tribal land and divide it into individual allotments.
- 1910The Boy Scouts of America is incorporated by William D. Boyce.
- 1922President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1949Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary is sentenced for treason.
- 1952Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- 1960The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1971South Vietnamese ground troops launch an incursion into Laos to try to cut off the Ho Chi Minh trail and stop communist infiltration.
- 1996The U.S. Congress passes the Communications Decency Act.
- 2001Disney California Adventure Park opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2016New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1819John Ruskin, English author (d. 1900)
- 1884Reginald Baker, Australian athlete and actor (d. 1953)
- 1888Dame Edith Evans, British actress (d. 1976)
- 1939Ken Iman, American football player (d. 2010)
- 1942Bob Munden, American shooting competitor
- 1948Dan Seals, American singer (d. 2009)
- 1959Damir Maričić, Croatian footballer
- 1961Vince Neil, American singer (Mötley Crüe)
- 1965Dicky Cheung, Hong Kong actor and singer
- 1973Keith McDonald, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.