February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2019 was the 39th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 421Constantius III becomes co-Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1601Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex, rebels against Queen Elizabeth I – the revolt is quickly crushed.
- 1837Richard Johnson becomes the first Vice President of the United States chosen by the United States Senate.
- 1856Barbu Dimitrie Ştirbei abolishes slavery in Wallachia.
- 1879Sandford Fleming first proposes adoption of Universal Standard Time at a meeting of the Royal Canadian Institute.
- 1921New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- 1960The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1965After taking evasive maneuvers to avoid a mid-air collision immediately after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Eastern Air Lines Flight 663 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean and explodes, killing everyone aboard.
- 1974Military coup in Upper Volta.
- 1978Proceedings of the United States Senate are broadcast on radio for the first time.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1798Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia, Russian Grand Duke (d. 1849)
- 1819John Ruskin, English author (d. 1900)
- 1890Claro M. Recto, Filipino nationalist (d. 1960)
- 1922Audrey Meadows, American actress (d. 1996)
- 1926Neal Cassady, American writer (d. 1968)
- 1933Jack Larson, American actor
- 1941Nick Nolte, American actor
- 1969Shiva Rose, American actress
- 1989JaJuan Johnson, American basketball player
- 1992Carl Jenkinson, English/Finnish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.