February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2020 was the 39th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1587Mary, Queen of Scots, is executed on suspicion of having been involved in the Babington Plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I.
- 1601Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex, rebels against Queen Elizabeth I – the revolt is quickly crushed.
- 1856Barbu Dimitrie Ştirbei abolishes slavery in Wallachia.
- 1865In the United States, Delaware voters reject the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and vote to continue the practice of slavery. (Delaware finally ratifies the amendment on February 12, 1901.)
- 1910The Boy Scouts of America is incorporated by William D. Boyce.
- 1922President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1946The first portion of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, the first serious challenge to the popularity of the Authorized King James Version, is published.
- 1962Charonne massacre. Nine trade unionists are killed by French police at the instigation of Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon, then chief of the Paris Prefecture of Police.
- 1968American civil rights movement: The Orangeburg massacre: An attack on black students from South Carolina State University who are protesting racial segregation at the town’s only bowling alley, leaves three or four dead in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- 2035New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1847Hugh Price Hughes, English social reformer (d. 1902)
- 1931James Dean, American actor (d. 1955)
- 1933Elly Ameling, Dutch soprano
- 1942Bob Munden, American shooting competitor
- 1948Dan Seals, American singer (d. 2009)
- 1971Andrus Veerpalu, Estonian cross-country skier
- 1977Yucef Merhi, Venezuelan artist
- 1984Panagiotis Vasilopoulos, Greek basketball player
- 1985Thomas Gardner, American basketball player
- 1990Tran Thuy Dzung, Miss Vietnam 2008
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.