February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2019 was the 40th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 474Zeno crowned as co-emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1861American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is elected the Provisional President of the Confederate States of America by the Confederate convention at Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1870President Ulysses S. Grant signs a joint resolution of Congress establishing the U.S. Weather Bureau.
- 1885The first Japanese government-approved immigrants arrive in Hawaii.
- 1942Year-round Daylight saving time is re-instated in the United States as a wartime measure to help conserve energy resources.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of the Atlantic – HMS Venturer sinks U-864 off the coast of Fedje, Norway, in a rare instance of submarine-to-submarine combat.
- 1951Geochang massacre: Korean War
- 1967New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1973Biju Patnaik of the Pragati Legislature Party is elected leader of the opposition in the state assembly in Orissa, India.
- 1991Voters in Lithuania vote for independence.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1928Rinus Michels, Dutch football coach (d. 2005)
- 1930Garner Ted Armstrong, American evangelist (d. 2003)
- 1954Christopher Gardner, American entrepreneur
- 1971Sharon Case, American actress
- 1979Akinori Iwamura, Japanese baseball player
- 1979Zhang Ziyi, Chinese actress
- 1982Chris Weale, English footballer
- 1983Mikel Arruabarrena, Spanish footballer
- 1988Lotte Friis, Danish swimmer
- 1996Jimmy Bennett, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.