February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2017 was the 40th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: The British Parliament declares Massachusetts in rebellion.
- 1849New Roman Republic established
- 1870President Ulysses S. Grant signs a joint resolution of Congress establishing the U.S. Weather Bureau.
- 1895William G. Morgan creates a game called Mintonette, which soon comes to be referred to as volleyball.
- 1922Brazil becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1943World War II: Allied authorities declare Guadalcanal secure after Imperial Japan evacuates its remaining forces from the island, ending the Battle of Guadalcanal.
- 1951Geochang massacre: Korean War
- 1971The Sylmar earthquake hits the San Fernando Valley area of California.
- 1975The Soyuz 17 Soviet spacecraft returns to Earth.
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1747John Thomas Duckworth, Royal Navy admiral (d. 1817)
- 1775Farkas Bolyai, Hungarian mathematician (d. 1856)
- 1909Carmen Miranda, Brazilian actress (d. 1955)
- 1911William Darby, American World War II Army officer (d. 1945)
- 1932Gerhard Richter, German painter
- 1937Tomislav Gotovac, Croatian movie director, actor, performer, multimedia and conceptual artist (d. 2010.)
- 1943Jonny Nilsson, Swedish speedskater
- 1945Gérard Lenorman, French singer
- 1947Carla Del Ponte, Swiss UN prosecutor
- 1974Brad Maynard, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.