February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2022 was the 40th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KUNAKEUKA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words KUNAKEUKA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: The British Parliament declares Massachusetts in rebellion.
- 1788The Habsburg Empire joins the Russo-Turkish War in the Russian camp.
- 1895William G. Morgan creates a game called Mintonette, which soon comes to be referred to as volleyball.
- 1900The Davis Cup competition is established.
- 1922Brazil becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1934The Balkan Entente is formed.
- 1942Year-round Daylight saving time is re-instated in the United States as a wartime measure to help conserve energy resources.
- 1945World War II: A force of Allied aircraft unsuccessfully attacked a German destroyer in Førdefjorden, Norway.
- 1967New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1995Space Shuttle astronauts Bernard A. Harris, Jr. and Michael Foale become the first African American and first Briton, respectively, to perform spacewalks.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1830Abd-ul-Aziz, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1876)
- 1865Mrs. Patrick Campbell, British actress (d. 1940)
- 1885Alban Berg, Austrian composer (d. 1935)
- 1922Jim Laker, English cricketer (d. 1986)
- 1930Garner Ted Armstrong, American evangelist (d. 2003)
- 1932Tatsuro Hirooka, Japanese baseball player
- 1946Vince Papale, American football player
- 1970Krister Linder, Swedish musician
- 1975Kurt Asle Arvesen, Norwegian cyclist
- 1982Ami Suzuki, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.