February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2020 was the 40th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nadine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: The British Parliament declares Massachusetts in rebellion.
- 1788The Habsburg Empire joins the Russo-Turkish War in the Russian camp.
- 1861American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is elected the Provisional President of the Confederate States of America by the Confederate convention at Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1885The first Japanese government-approved immigrants arrive in Hawaii.
- 1889President Grover Cleveland signs a bill elevating the United States Department of Agriculture to a Cabinet-level agency.
- 1900The Davis Cup competition is established.
- 1922Brazil becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1950Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- 1995Space Shuttle astronauts Bernard A. Harris, Jr. and Michael Foale become the first African American and first Briton, respectively, to perform spacewalks.
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1814Samuel Jones Tilden, 28th Governor of New York (d. 1886)
- 1930Garner Ted Armstrong, American evangelist (d. 2003)
- 1939Janet Suzman, South African actress
- 1942Carole King, American singer
- 1950Richard F. Colburn, American politician
- 1952Danny White, American football player
- 1952Mookie Wilson, American baseball player
- 1969Jimmy Smith, American football player
- 1974Brad Maynard, American football player
- 1981Tom Hiddleston, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.