February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2023 is the 40th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QAJYBFEOQJ? Check your answers here: Word scramble QAJYBFEOQJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1870President Ulysses S. Grant signs a joint resolution of Congress establishing the U.S. Weather Bureau.
- 1934The Balkan Entente is formed.
- 1942World War II: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- 1942Year-round Daylight saving time is re-instated in the United States as a wartime measure to help conserve energy resources.
- 1950Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- 1964The Beatles make their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, performing before a “record-busting” audience of 73 million viewers.
- 1969First test flight of the Boeing 747.
- 1991Voters in Lithuania vote for independence.
- 1996The Provisional Irish Republican Army declares the end to its 18 month ceasefire and explodes a large bomb in London’s Canary Wharf.
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1885Alban Berg, Austrian composer (d. 1935)
- 1912Futabayama Sadaji, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 35th Yokozuna (d. 1968)
- 1922Kathryn Grayson, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1923Brendan Behan, Irish author (d. 1964)
- 1933Loris Azzaro, French fashion designer (d. 2003)
- 1947Joe Ely, American musician
- 1969Jimmy Smith, American football player
- 1970Krister Linder, Swedish musician
- 1972Jason Winston George, American actor
- 1988Lotte Friis, Danish swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.