February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2019 was the 40th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Clifton’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1555Bishop of Gloucester John Hooper is burned at the stake.
- 1849New Roman Republic established
- 1885The first Japanese government-approved immigrants arrive in Hawaii.
- 1895William G. Morgan creates a game called Mintonette, which soon comes to be referred to as volleyball.
- 1900The Davis Cup competition is established.
- 1913A group of meteors is visible across much of the eastern seaboard of North and South America, leading astronomers to conclude the source had been a small, short-lived natural satellite of the Earth.
- 1920Under the terms of the Spitsbergen Treaty, international diplomacy recognizes Norwegian sovereignty over Arctic archipelago Svalbard, and designates it as demilitarized.
- 1934The Balkan Entente is formed.
- 1951Geochang massacre: Korean War
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1737Thomas Paine, English radical liberal philosopher, American revolutionary (d. 1809)
- 1901Brian Donlevy, Irish actor (d. 1972)
- 1909Dean Rusk, 54th United States Secretary of State (d. 1994)
- 1912Futabayama Sadaji, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 35th Yokozuna (d. 1968)
- 1915Lennard Pearce, English actor (d. 1984)
- 1945Mia Farrow, American actress
- 1946Vince Papale, American football player
- 1947Michel Lamarche, Canadian professional wrestler
- 1962Anik Bissonnette, French-Canadian ballet dancer (Les Grands Ballets Canadiens)
- 1975Viktor Chistiakov, Russian-born Australian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.