February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2020 was the 40th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Beth’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1555Bishop of Gloucester John Hooper is burned at the stake.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: The British Parliament declares Massachusetts in rebellion.
- 1825After no presidential candidate receives a majority of electoral votes in the election of 1824, the United States House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams President of the United States.
- 1870President Ulysses S. Grant signs a joint resolution of Congress establishing the U.S. Weather Bureau.
- 1889President Grover Cleveland signs a bill elevating the United States Department of Agriculture to a Cabinet-level agency.
- 1904Russo–Japanese War: Battle of Port Arthur concludes.
- 1950Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- 1975The Soyuz 17 Soviet spacecraft returns to Earth.
- 1996The Provisional Irish Republican Army declares the end to its 18 month ceasefire and explodes a large bomb in London’s Canary Wharf.
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1737Thomas Paine, English radical liberal philosopher, American revolutionary (d. 1809)
- 1830Abd-ul-Aziz, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1876)
- 1914Bill Veeck, American baseball executive (d. 1986)
- 1928Frank Frazetta, American illustrator (d. 2010)
- 1943Joe Pesci, American actor
- 1968Alejandra Guzmán, Mexican singer
- 1969Ian Eagle, American sportscaster
- 1975Viktor Chistiakov, Russian-born Australian athlete
- 1988Lotte Friis, Danish swimmer
- 1989Wu Chia-ching, Taiwanese pool player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.