February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2019 was the 40th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1788The Habsburg Empire joins the Russo-Turkish War in the Russian camp.
- 1825After no presidential candidate receives a majority of electoral votes in the election of 1824, the United States House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams President of the United States.
- 1849New Roman Republic established
- 1900The Davis Cup competition is established.
- 1904Russo–Japanese War: Battle of Port Arthur concludes.
- 1950Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- 1951Geochang massacre: Korean War
- 1965Vietnam War: The first United States combat troops are sent to South Vietnam.
- 1971Satchel Paige becomes the first Negro League player to be voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- 2005New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1901Brian Donlevy, Irish actor (d. 1972)
- 1909Dean Rusk, 54th United States Secretary of State (d. 1994)
- 1916Tex Hughson, American baseball player (d. 1993)
- 1922Jim Laker, English cricketer (d. 1986)
- 1928Roger Mudd, American journalist
- 1936Stompin' Tom Connors, Canadian country singer
- 1944Alice Walker, American writer
- 1986Princess Raiyah bint Al Hussein, of Jordan
- 1987Joe O'Cearuill, Irish footballer
- 1989Wu Chia-ching, Taiwanese pool player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.