January 1, 1984: Day of the Week
January 1, 1984 was the 1st day of the year 1984 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 365 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 36 years old today. If that same person saved a Cent every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $114.70 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January 1984 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1984 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Francisco’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
January 1, 1984 Historical Event(s)
- 1984Brunei becomes independent of the United Kingdom.
- 1984The original American Telephone & Telegraph Company is divested of its 22 Bell System companies as a result of the settlement of the 1974 United States Department of Justice antitrust suit against AT&T.
Who were born on January 1, 1984?
- 1984Alok Kapali, Bangladeshi cricketer
- 1984Cheung Kin Fung, Hong Kong footballer
- 1984José Paolo Guerrero, Peruvian footballer
- 1984Michael Witt, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1984Mohammed Ghaddar, Lebanese footballer
- 1984Stefano Pastrello, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.