January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2020 was the 10th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 356 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AYQUPYBXHEIF? Check your answers here: Word finder AYQUPYBXHEIF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1645Archbishop William Laud is beheaded at the Tower of London.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1861American Civil War: Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1954BOAC Flight 781 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 explodes into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- 1972Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returns to the newly independent Bangladesh as president after spending over nine months in prison in Pakistan.
- 1981Salvadoran Civil War: The FMLN launches its first major offensive, gaining control of most of Morazán and Chalatenango departments
Who were born on January 10?
- 1480Margaret of Austria, Regent of the Netherlands (d. 1530)
- 1776George Birkbeck, British academic (d. 1841)
- 1849Robert Crosbie, Canadian theosophist (d. 1919)
- 1919Milton Parker, American businessman (d. 2009)
- 1922Hannelore Schroth, German actress (d. 1987)
- 1939William Levy, Dutch writer
- 1949James Lapine, American stage director
- 1954John Gidman, English footballer
- 1966Murali Nair, Indian film director
- 1967Johan Laats, Belgian judoka
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.