January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2020 was the 10th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 356 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mikayla’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 69Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus is appointed by Galba to deputy Roman Emperor.
- 1072Robert Guiscard conquers Palermo.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1870John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1984The United States and the Vatican establish full diplomatic relations after 117 years.
- 1990Time Warner is formed from the merger of Time Inc. and Warner Communications Inc.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1853Jessie Bond, English singer and actress (d. 1942)
- 1859Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, Spanish free-thinker (d. 1909)
- 1919Terukuni Manzō, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 38th Yokozuna (d. 1977)
- 1929Derek Hammond-Stroud, English operatic baritone
- 1939Scott McKenzie, American singer
- 1944Rory Byrne, South African racing car designer
- 1948Donald Fagen, American musician (Steely Dan)
- 1960Gurinder Chadha, British film director
- 1964Tony Gardner, English actor
- 1985Jaroslav Kolbas, Slovak footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.