January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2018 was the 10th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 49 BCJulius Caesar crosses the Rubicon, signaling the start of civil war.
- 1776Thomas Paine publishes Common Sense.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 1946The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
- 1954BOAC Flight 781 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 explodes into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- 1962Apollo Project: NASA announces plans to build the C-5 rocket launch vehicle. It became better known as the Saturn V Moon rocket, which launched every Apollo Moon mission.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
- 2003Illinois Governor George Ryan commutes the death sentences of 167 prisoners on Illinois’ death row based on the Jon Burge scandal.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1538Louis of Nassau, Dutch general (d. 1574)
- 1573Simon Marius, German astronomer (d. 1624)
- 1849Robert Crosbie, Canadian theosophist (d. 1919)
- 1913Mehmet Shehu, Albanian politician (d. 1981)
- 1918Arthur Chung, President of Guyana (d. 2008)
- 1922Billy Liddell, Scottish Footballer (d. 2001)
- 1953Bobby Rahal, American racing driver and team owner
- 1959Bernhard Hoff, East German athlete
- 1965Butch Hartman, American animator
- 1974Jemaine Clement, New Zealand actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.