January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2020 was the 10th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 356 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1645Archbishop William Laud is beheaded at the Tower of London.
- 1776Thomas Paine publishes Common Sense.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1861American Civil War: Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1870John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1981Salvadoran Civil War: The FMLN launches its first major offensive, gaining control of most of Morazán and Chalatenango departments
- 1985Sandinista Daniel Ortega becomes president of Nicaragua and vows to continue the transformation to socialism and alliance with the Soviet Union and Cuba; American policy continues to support the Contras in their revolt against the Nicaraguan government.
- 20112010–2011 Queensland floods: Torrential rain in the Lockyer Valley region of South East Queensland, Australia causes severe flash flooding, killing 9 people.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1892Melchior Wańkowicz, Polish writer (d. 1974)
- 1912Maria Mandel, Austrian Auschwitz prison guard (d. 1948)
- 1913Mehmet Shehu, Albanian politician (d. 1981)
- 1918Arthur Chung, President of Guyana (d. 2008)
- 1927Johnnie Ray, American singer (d. 1990)
- 1935Georg Katzer, German composer
- 1943Jantzen Derrick, English footballer
- 1953Pat Benatar, American singer
- 1985Craig Lewis, American cyclist
- 1986Hideaki Ikematsu, Japanese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.