January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2019 was the 10th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marion’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1072Robert Guiscard conquers Palermo.
- 1475Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Vaslui.
- 1645Archbishop William Laud is beheaded at the Tower of London.
- 1776Thomas Paine publishes Common Sense.
- 1861American Civil War: Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1985Sandinista Daniel Ortega becomes president of Nicaragua and vows to continue the transformation to socialism and alliance with the Soviet Union and Cuba; American policy continues to support the Contras in their revolt against the Nicaraguan government.
- 2003Illinois Governor George Ryan commutes the death sentences of 167 prisoners on Illinois’ death row based on the Jon Burge scandal.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1797Annette von Droste-Hülshoff, German writer (d. 1848)
- 1889Maurice Collis, Irish writer (d. 1973)
- 1904Ray Bolger, American actor and dancer (d. 1987)
- 1915Dean Dixon, American conductor (d. 1976)
- 1930Roy Edward Disney, American film executive (d. 2009)
- 1937Thomas Penfield Jackson, American jurist
- 1939William Levy, Dutch writer
- 1940Yesudas, Indian playback singer and classical musician
- 1950Roy Blunt, American politician
- 1986Chen Jin, Chinese badminton player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.