January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2020 was the 10th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 356 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katelyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1475Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Vaslui.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1941World War II: The Greek army captures Kleisoura.
- 1946The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
- 1954BOAC Flight 781 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 explodes into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- 1984The United States and the Vatican establish full diplomatic relations after 117 years.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
- 20112010–2011 Queensland floods: Torrential rain in the Lockyer Valley region of South East Queensland, Australia causes severe flash flooding, killing 9 people.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1903Voldemar Väli, Estonian wrestler (d. 1997)
- 1913Gustáv Husák, President of Czechoslovakia (d. 1991)
- 1936Robert Woodrow Wilson, American physicist, radio astronomer, Nobel laureate
- 1938Willie McCovey, American baseball player
- 1951Nicolas Philibert, French film director
- 1982Julien Brellier, French footballer
- 1985Abdulkader Dakka, Syrian footballer
- 1986Abigail Clancy, English model
- 1986Kenneth Vermeer, Dutch footballer
- 1990Wilhelm Ingves, Finnish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.