January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2017 was the 10th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1072Robert Guiscard conquers Palermo.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1916Erzerum Offensive during World War I, Russian victory over Ottoman Empire.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 1946The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
- 1972Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returns to the newly independent Bangladesh as president after spending over nine months in prison in Pakistan.
- 20112010–2011 Queensland floods: Torrential rain in the Lockyer Valley region of South East Queensland, Australia causes severe flash flooding, killing 9 people.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1776George Birkbeck, British academic (d. 1841)
- 1797Eugenio Kincaid, American missionary (d. 1883)
- 1889Maurice Collis, Irish writer (d. 1973)
- 1908Paul Henreid, Austrian actor (d. 1992)
- 1927Lee Philips, American actor (d. 1999)
- 1956Antonio Muñoz Molina, Spanish writer
- 1957Greg Walden, American politician
- 1974Bob Peeters, Belgian footballer
- 1982Julien Brellier, French footballer
- 1986Chen Jin, Chinese badminton player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.