January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2019 was the 10th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 69Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus is appointed by Galba to deputy Roman Emperor.
- 1870John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- 1916Erzerum Offensive during World War I, Russian victory over Ottoman Empire.
- 1946The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
- 1954BOAC Flight 781 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 explodes into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- 1981Salvadoran Civil War: The FMLN launches its first major offensive, gaining control of most of Morazán and Chalatenango departments
- 1984The United States and the Vatican establish full diplomatic relations after 117 years.
- 1985Sandinista Daniel Ortega becomes president of Nicaragua and vows to continue the transformation to socialism and alliance with the Soviet Union and Cuba; American policy continues to support the Contras in their revolt against the Nicaraguan government.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
- 20112010–2011 Queensland floods: Torrential rain in the Lockyer Valley region of South East Queensland, Australia causes severe flash flooding, killing 9 people.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1843Frank James, American outlaw (d. 1915)
- 1931Peter Barnes, English writer (d. 2004)
- 1935Sherrill Milnes, American baritone
- 1939Sal Mineo, American actor (d. 1976)
- 1944William Sanderson, American actor
- 1953Pat Benatar, American singer
- 1965Butch Hartman, American animator
- 1970Scott Ludlam, Australian politician
- 1976Ian Poulter, English golfer
- 1981Inga Jankauskaitė, Lithuanian actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.