January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2019 was the 10th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 49 BCJulius Caesar crosses the Rubicon, signaling the start of civil war.
- 69Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus is appointed by Galba to deputy Roman Emperor.
- 1475Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Vaslui.
- 1645Archbishop William Laud is beheaded at the Tower of London.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1870John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1981Salvadoran Civil War: The FMLN launches its first major offensive, gaining control of most of Morazán and Chalatenango departments
Who were born on January 10?
- 1797Eugenio Kincaid, American missionary (d. 1883)
- 1836Charles Ingalls, father of Laura Ingalls Wilder (d. 1902)
- 1917Jerry Wexler, American record producer (d. 2008)
- 1936Robert Woodrow Wilson, American physicist, radio astronomer, Nobel laureate
- 1938Donald Knuth, American mathematician and computer scientist
- 1939William Levy, Dutch writer
- 1945John Fahey, Australian politician
- 1948Bernard Thévenet, French cyclist
- 1982Julien Brellier, French footballer
- 1983Danilo Dirani, Brazilian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.