January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2019 was the 10th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 69Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus is appointed by Galba to deputy Roman Emperor.
- 1072Robert Guiscard conquers Palermo.
- 1861American Civil War: Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1916Erzerum Offensive during World War I, Russian victory over Ottoman Empire.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Irish Free State.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1946The United States Army Signal Corps successfully conducts Project Diana, bouncing radio waves off the moon and receiving the reflected signals.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
- 2003Illinois Governor George Ryan commutes the death sentences of 167 prisoners on Illinois’ death row based on the Jon Burge scandal.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1715Christian August Crusius, German philosopher and theologian (d. 1775)
- 1859Francesc Ferrer i Guàrdia, Spanish free-thinker (d. 1909)
- 1914Yu Kuo-hwa, Premier of Taiwan (d. 2000)
- 1916Eldzier Cortor, American painter
- 1939Sonosuke Fujimaki, Japanese fencer
- 1942Graeme Gahan, Australian rules footballer
- 1951Nicolas Philibert, French film director
- 1961Janet Jones, American actress
- 1976Adam Kennedy, American baseball player
- 1991Romain Wattel, French golf player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.