January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2020 was the 10th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 356 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ramon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1776Thomas Paine publishes Common Sense.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1916Erzerum Offensive during World War I, Russian victory over Ottoman Empire.
- 1941World War II: The Greek army captures Kleisoura.
- 1946The first General Assembly of the United Nations opens in London. Fifty-one nations are represented.
- 1954BOAC Flight 781 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 explodes into the Tyrrhenian Sea killing 35 people.
- 1984The United States and the Vatican establish full diplomatic relations after 117 years.
- 1985Sandinista Daniel Ortega becomes president of Nicaragua and vows to continue the transformation to socialism and alliance with the Soviet Union and Cuba; American policy continues to support the Contras in their revolt against the Nicaraguan government.
- 2005A mudslide occurs in La Conchita, California, killing 10 people, injuring many more and closing U.S. Route 101, the main coastal corridor between San Francisco and Los Angeles, for 10 days.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1628George Villiers, 2nd Duke of Buckingham, English statesman (d. 1687)
- 1715Christian August Crusius, German philosopher and theologian (d. 1775)
- 1745Isaac Titsingh, Dutch diplomat (d. 1812)
- 1918Les Bennett, English footballer (d. 1999)
- 1926Musallam Bseiso, Palestinian journalist and politician
- 1938Willie McCovey, American baseball player
- 1939Scott McKenzie, American singer
- 1951Paul DiMaggio, American educator
- 1960Benoît Pelletier, Canadian politician
- 1974Andrey Korneyev, Russian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.