January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2021 was the 11th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AVIIKDOI? Check your answers here: Word finder AVIIKDOI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1569First recorded lottery in England.
- 1794Robert Forsythe, a U.S. Marshal is killed in Augusta, Georgia when trying to serve court papers, the first US marshal to die while carrying out his duties.
- 1838Samuel Morse first successfully tests the electrical telegraph.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1923Occupation of the Ruhr: Troops from France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr area to force Germany to make its World War I reparation payments.
- 1942World War II: Japan declares war on the Netherlands and invades the Netherlands East Indies.
- 1943Italian-American Anarchist Carlo Tresca is assassinated in New York
- 1949First recorded case of snowfall in Los Angeles, California.
- 1960Henry Lee Lucas, once listed as America’s most prolific serial killer, commits his first known murder.
- 1998Sidi-Hamed massacre takes place in Algeria, over 100 people are killed.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1887Aldo Leopold, American ecologist (d. 1948)
- 1888Chester Conklin, American comedian and actor (d. 1971)
- 1890Oswald de Andrade, Brazilian author (d. 1954)
- 1895Laurens Hammond, American inventor (d. 1973)
- 1905Clyde Kluckhohn, American anthropologist (d. 1960)
- 1910Izler Solomon, American conductor (d. 1987)
- 1957Bryan Robson, English footballer and manager
- 1970Manfredi Beninati, Italian visual artist.
- 1972Christian Jacobs, American singer (The Aquabats)
- 1978Michael Duff, Northern Irish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.