January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2020 was the 11th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kathy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1158Vladislav II becomes King of Bohemia.
- 1779Ching-Thang Khomba is crowned King of Manipur.
- 1838Samuel Morse first successfully tests the electrical telegraph.
- 1861Alabama secedes from the United States.
- 1927Louis B. Mayer, head of film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), announced the creation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at a banquet in Los Angeles, California.
- 1935Amelia Earhart is the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to California.
- 1943World War II: The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
- 1946Enver Hoxha declares the People’s Republic of Albania with himself as president.
- 1949First recorded case of snowfall in Los Angeles, California.
- 1986The Gateway Bridge, Brisbane in Queensland, Australia is officially opened.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1503Parmigianino, Italian artist (d. 1540)
- 1800Ányos Jedlik, Hungarian physicist (d. 1895)
- 1928Mitchell Ryan, American actor
- 1958Diego León Montoya Sánchez, Colombian organized crime figure
- 1958Vicki Peterson, American musician (The Bangles)
- 1969Kyle Richards, American actress
- 1970Rick Hendrix, American writer
- 1985Rie Fu, Japanese singer
- 1988Daniel Dzufer, Australian rules footballer
- 1989Sammy Carlson, American freeskier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.