January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2018 was the 11th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1055Theodora is crowned Empress of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1158Vladislav II becomes King of Bohemia.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1923Occupation of the Ruhr: Troops from France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr area to force Germany to make its World War I reparation payments.
- 1935Amelia Earhart is the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to California.
- 1942World War II: The Japanese capture Kuala Lumpur.
- 1946Enver Hoxha declares the People’s Republic of Albania with himself as president.
- 1957The African Convention is founded in Dakar.
- 1962An avalanche on Huascaran in Peru causes 4,000 deaths.
- 1964United States Surgeon General Dr. Luther Leonidas Terry, M.D., publishes a landmark report saying that smoking may be hazardous to health, sparking nation- and worldwide anti-smoking efforts.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1755Alexander Hamilton, Nevis born American Founding Father, economist, and political philosopher; 1st United States Secretary of the Treasury (d. 1804)
- 1867Edward B. Titchener, British psychologist. (d. 1927)
- 1952Ben Crenshaw, American golfer
- 1957Darryl Dawkins, American basketball player
- 1958Diego León Montoya Sánchez, Colombian organized crime figure
- 1963Dean Reynolds, English snooker player
- 1968Anders Borg, Swedish politician
- 1968Tom Dumont, American musician
- 1978Michael Duff, Northern Irish footballer
- 1989Darko Bodul, Croatian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.