January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2019 was the 11th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Violet’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 630Muhammad leads an army of 10,000 to conquer Mecca.
- 1571Austrian nobility is granted freedom of religion.
- 1908Grand Canyon National Monument is created.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1942World War II: The Japanese capture Kuala Lumpur.
- 1943Italian-American Anarchist Carlo Tresca is assassinated in New York
- 1960Henry Lee Lucas, once listed as America’s most prolific serial killer, commits his first known murder.
- 1962An avalanche on Huascaran in Peru causes 4,000 deaths.
- 1986The Gateway Bridge, Brisbane in Queensland, Australia is officially opened.
- 1998Sidi-Hamed massacre takes place in Algeria, over 100 people are killed.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1630John Rogers, American educator (d. 1684)
- 1757Samuel Bentham, English mechanical engineer (d. 1831)
- 1887Aldo Leopold, American ecologist (d. 1948)
- 1910Nikos Kavvadias, Greek poet and writer (d. 1975)
- 1923Ernst Nolte, German historian
- 1928David L. Wolper, American television producer (d.2010)
- 1941Gérson, Brazilian footballer
- 1952Ben Crenshaw, American golfer
- 1969Manny Acta, Dominican baseball player
- 1984Dario Krešić, Croatian goalkeeper at Greek club PAOK F.C.
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.