January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2017 was the 11th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 630Muhammad leads an army of 10,000 to conquer Mecca.
- 1759In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the first American life insurance company is incorporated.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1919Romania annexes Transylvania.
- 1922First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient.
- 1942World War II: Japan declares war on the Netherlands and invades the Netherlands East Indies.
- 1949First recorded case of snowfall in Los Angeles, California.
- 1964United States Surgeon General Dr. Luther Leonidas Terry, M.D., publishes a landmark report saying that smoking may be hazardous to health, sparking nation- and worldwide anti-smoking efforts.
- 1986The Gateway Bridge, Brisbane in Queensland, Australia is officially opened.
- 1994The Irish Government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the IRA and its political arm Sinn Féin.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1867Edward B. Titchener, British psychologist. (d. 1927)
- 1870Alexander Stirling Calder, American sculptor (d. 1945)
- 1921Gory Guerrero, professional wrestler (d. 1990)
- 1935Ghita Nørby, Danish actress
- 1952Bille Brown, Australian actor and playwright
- 1967Derek Riddell, Scottish actor
- 1971Chris Willsher, English singer-songwriter and musician
- 1981Jamelia, English singer
- 1983Matthew Palleschi, Canadian soccer player
- 1987Daniel Semenzato, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.