January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2021 was the 11th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OKKTSOIAWEF? Check your answers here: Word finder OKKTSOIAWEF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1571Austrian nobility is granted freedom of religion.
- 1693Mt. Etna erupts in Sicily, Italy. A powerful earthquake destroys parts of Sicily and Malta.
- 1794Robert Forsythe, a U.S. Marshal is killed in Augusta, Georgia when trying to serve court papers, the first US marshal to die while carrying out his duties.
- 1838Samuel Morse first successfully tests the electrical telegraph.
- 1942World War II: The Japanese capture Kuala Lumpur.
- 1943Italian-American Anarchist Carlo Tresca is assassinated in New York
- 1943World War II: The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
- 1964United States Surgeon General Dr. Luther Leonidas Terry, M.D., publishes a landmark report saying that smoking may be hazardous to health, sparking nation- and worldwide anti-smoking efforts.
- 1972East Pakistan renames itself Bangladesh.
- 1994The Irish Government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the IRA and its political arm Sinn Féin.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1755Alexander Hamilton, Nevis born American Founding Father, economist, and political philosopher; 1st United States Secretary of the Treasury (d. 1804)
- 1899Eva Le Gallienne, English-American actress (d. 1991)
- 1910Shane Paltridge, Australian politician (d. 1966)
- 1915Robert Blair Mayne, British soldier (d. 1955)
- 1942Clarence Clemons, American musician (E Street Band) (d. 2011)
- 1944Mohammed Abed Elhai, Sudanese writer and academic (d. 1989)
- 1965Roland Scholten, Dutch darts Player
- 1969Kyle Richards, American actress
- 1971Mary J. Blige, American singer
- 1997Cody Simpson, Australian singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.