January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2020 was the 11th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marc’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1759In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the first American life insurance company is incorporated.
- 1779Ching-Thang Khomba is crowned King of Manipur.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Arkansas Post – General John McClernand and Admiral David Dixon Porter capture the Arkansas River for the Union.
- 1879The Anglo-Zulu War begins.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1927Louis B. Mayer, head of film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), announced the creation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at a banquet in Los Angeles, California.
- 1943World War II: The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
- 1962An avalanche on Huascaran in Peru causes 4,000 deaths.
- 1994The Irish Government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the IRA and its political arm Sinn Féin.
- 1998Sidi-Hamed massacre takes place in Algeria, over 100 people are killed.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1359Emperor Go-En'yu of Japan (d. 1393)
- 1671François-Marie, 1st duc de Broglie, French military leader (d. 1745)
- 1911Zenko Suzuki, Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2004)
- 1944Mohammed Abed Elhai, Sudanese writer and academic (d. 1989)
- 1961Karl Habsburg-Lothringen, Prince of Austria and Prince Royal of Hungary
- 1966Marc Acito, American novelist and humorist
- 1974Roman Görtz, German footballer
- 1978Michael Duff, Northern Irish footballer
- 1979Darren Lynn Bousman, American film director
- 1982Ashley Taylor Dawson, British actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.