January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2019 was the 11th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 630Muhammad leads an army of 10,000 to conquer Mecca.
- 1571Austrian nobility is granted freedom of religion.
- 1917The Kingsland munitions factory explosion occurs as a result of sabotage.
- 1927Louis B. Mayer, head of film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), announced the creation of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at a banquet in Los Angeles, California.
- 1943World War II: The United States and United Kingdom give up territorial rights in China.
- 1949The first “networked” television broadcasts take place as KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania goes on the air connecting the east coast and mid-west programming.
- 1962An avalanche on Huascaran in Peru causes 4,000 deaths.
- 1972East Pakistan renames itself Bangladesh.
- 1994The Irish Government announces the end of a 15-year broadcasting ban on the IRA and its political arm Sinn Féin.
- 1998Sidi-Hamed massacre takes place in Algeria, over 100 people are killed.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1878Theodoros Pangalos, Greek general (d. 1952)
- 1899Eva Le Gallienne, English-American actress (d. 1991)
- 1924Roger Guillemin, French neuroendocrinologist, Nobel laureate
- 1939Anne Heggtveit, Canadian alpine skier
- 1958Diego León Montoya Sánchez, Colombian organized crime figure
- 1969Kyle Richards, American actress
- 1969Manny Acta, Dominican baseball player
- 1970Chris Jent, American basketball player and coach
- 1970Manfredi Beninati, Italian visual artist.
- 1983Adrian Sutil, German racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.