January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2018 was the 12th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 475Basiliscus becomes Byzantine Emperor, with a coronation ceremony in the Hebdomon palace in Constantinople.
- 1528Gustav I of Sweden crowned king of Sweden.
- 1773The first public Colonial American museum opens in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1777Mission Santa Clara de Asís is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- 1895The National Trust is founded in the United Kingdom.
- 189913 crew members and 5 apprentices are rescued from the stricken schooner Forest Hall by the Lynmouth Lifeboat when it floundered off the coast of Devon, England.
- 1911The University of the Philippines College of Law is formally established; three future Philippine presidents are among the first enrollees.
- 1932Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
- 2001Downtown Disney opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2006The French warship Clemenceau reaches Egypt and is barred access to the Suez Canal. Greenpeace activists board the ship.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1628Charles Perrault, French folklorist (d. 1703)
- 1944Carlos Villagrán, Mexican actor
- 1945Maggie Bell, Scottish singer (Stone the Crows)
- 1952Charles Faulkner, American motivational speaker and author
- 1959Blixa Bargeld, German singer and musician (Einstürzende Neubauten, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
- 1959Per Gessle, Swedish songwriter and musician (Roxette)
- 1968Heather Mills, British activist and model
- 1973Hande Yener, Turkish singer
- 1977Cade McNown, American football player
- 1978Kim Sa-rang, Korean actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.