January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2019 was the 12th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Adam’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1875Kwang-su becomes emperor of China.
- 1911The University of the Philippines College of Law is formally established; three future Philippine presidents are among the first enrollees.
- 1926Original Sam ‘n’Henry aired on Chicago radio later renamed Amos ‘n’Andy in 1928.
- 1932Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
- 1942World War II: President Franklin Roosevelt creates the National War Labor Board.
- 1966Lyndon B. Johnson states that the United States should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- 1967Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- 1971The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- 1976The UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
- 2006A stampede during the Stoning the Devil ritual on the last day at the Hajj in Mina, Saudi Arabia, kills at least 362 Muslim pilgrims.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1873Spiridon Louis, Greek marathon runner (d. 1940)
- 1903Igor Kurchatov, Russian physicist (d. 1960)
- 1907Sergei Korolev, Russian rocket scientist (d. 1966)
- 1934Mick Sullivan, English rugby league footballer
- 1936Raimonds Pauls, Latvian Composer
- 1948William Nicholson, English writer
- 1958Christiane Amanpour, American news anchor
- 1959Blixa Bargeld, German singer and musician (Einstürzende Neubauten, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
- 1968Rachael Harris, American actress
- 1972Espen Knutsen, Norwegian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.