January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2021 was the 12th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IKXLAAUARC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IKXLAAUARC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 475Basiliscus becomes Byzantine Emperor, with a coronation ceremony in the Hebdomon palace in Constantinople.
- 1808The organizational meeting that led to the creation of the Wernerian Natural History Society, a former Scottish learned society, is held in Edinburgh.
- 1875Kwang-su becomes emperor of China.
- 1906Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman’s cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- 1921Acting to restore confidence in baseball after the Black Sox Scandal, Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis is elected as Major League Baseball’s first commissioner.
- 1942World War II: President Franklin Roosevelt creates the National War Labor Board.
- 1966Lyndon B. Johnson states that the United States should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- 1967Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- 1976The UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
- 1991Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1772Count Mikhail Speransky, Russian reformer (d. 1839)
- 1899Paul Hermann Müller, Swiss chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1965)
- 1925Scottie MacGregor, American actress
- 1937Marie Dubois, French actress
- 1949Ottmar Hitzfeld, German football manager
- 1969Margaret Nagle, American screenwriter and TV producer
- 1972Priyanka Gandhi, daughter of Rajiv Gandhi
- 1973Dan Haseltine, American singer (Jars of Clay)
- 1988Chris Casement, Irish footballer
- 1992Mao Kobayashi, Japanese gravure idol
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.