January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2019 was the 12th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 475Basiliscus becomes Byzantine Emperor, with a coronation ceremony in the Hebdomon palace in Constantinople.
- 1777Mission Santa Clara de Asís is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- 1906Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman’s cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- 1915The United States House of Representatives rejects a proposal to give women the right to vote.
- 1932Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
- 1942World War II: President Franklin Roosevelt creates the National War Labor Board.
- 1971The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- 1991Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.
- 1998Nineteen European nations agree to forbid human cloning.
- 2001Downtown Disney opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1591José Ribera, Spanish painter (d. 1652)
- 1716Antonio de Ulloa, Spanish general (d. 1795)
- 1925Bill Burrud, American television host (d. 1990)
- 1944Carlos Villagrán, Mexican actor
- 1944Vlastimil Hort, Czechoslovakian chess player
- 1950Bob McEwen, American politician
- 1950Ricky Ray Rector, American murderer (d. 1992)
- 1960Dominique Wilkins, American basketball player
- 1975Jocelyn Thibault, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Claude Giroux, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.