January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2019 was the 12th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1528Gustav I of Sweden crowned king of Sweden.
- 1848The Palermo rising takes place in Sicily against the Bourbon kingdom of the Two Sicilies.
- 1906Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman’s cabinet (which included amongst its members H. H. Asquith, David Lloyd George, and Winston Churchill) embarks on sweeping social reforms after a Liberal landslide in the British general election.
- 1964Rebels in Zanzibar begin a revolt known as the Zanzibar Revolution and proclaim a republic.
- 1967Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- 1970Biafra capitulates, ending the Nigerian civil war.
- 1976The UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
- 1991Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.
- 2001Downtown Disney opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2005Deep Impact launches from Cape Canaveral on a Delta 2 rocket.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1597François Duquesnoy, French sculptor (d. 1643)
- 1723Samuel Langdon, American college educator (d. 1797)
- 1856John Singer Sargent, American artist (d. 1925)
- 1876Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari, Italian composer (d. 1948)
- 1899Paul Hermann Müller, Swiss chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1965)
- 1916William Pleeth, British cellist (d. 1999)
- 1917Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Indian spiritualist (d. 2008)
- 1926Morton Feldman, American composer (d. 1987)
- 1955Rockne S. O'Bannon, American screenwriter
- 1985Artem Milevskiy, Ukrainian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.