January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2020 was the 12th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Clinton’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1777Mission Santa Clara de Asís is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- 1848The Palermo rising takes place in Sicily against the Bourbon kingdom of the Two Sicilies.
- 1866The Royal Aeronautical Society is formed in London.
- 1875Kwang-su becomes emperor of China.
- 1898Ito Hirobumi begins his third term as Prime Minister of Japan.
- 1911The University of the Philippines College of Law is formally established; three future Philippine presidents are among the first enrollees.
- 1918Finland’s “Mosaic Confessors” law went into effect, making Finnish Jews full citizens.
- 1967Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- 2005Deep Impact launches from Cape Canaveral on a Delta 2 rocket.
- 2007Comet C/2006 P1 (McNaught) reaches perihelion becoming the brightest comet in more than 40 years.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1721Duke Ferdinand of Brunswick, Prussian general (d. 1792)
- 1882Milton Sills, American actor (d. 1930)
- 1884Texas Guinan, American actress (d. 1933)
- 1899Pierre Bernac, French baritone (d. 1979)
- 1906Emmanuel Levinas, French philosopher (d. 1995)
- 1920Prof Jerzy Zubrzycki, Polish-born Australian sociologist (d. 2009)
- 1924Olivier Gendebien, Belgian racing driver (d. 1998)
- 1946Cynthia Robinson, American musician (Sly & the Family Stone)
- 1952John Walker, New Zealand middle distance runner
- 1975Jason Freese, American musician (Green Day)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.