January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2021 was the 12th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TMHMLBSEXOU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words TMHMLBSEXOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1528Gustav I of Sweden crowned king of Sweden.
- 1773The first public Colonial American museum opens in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1808The organizational meeting that led to the creation of the Wernerian Natural History Society, a former Scottish learned society, is held in Edinburgh.
- 1866The Royal Aeronautical Society is formed in London.
- 1875Kwang-su becomes emperor of China.
- 189913 crew members and 5 apprentices are rescued from the stricken schooner Forest Hall by the Lynmouth Lifeboat when it floundered off the coast of Devon, England.
- 1908A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time.
- 1911The University of the Philippines College of Law is formally established; three future Philippine presidents are among the first enrollees.
- 1918Finland’s “Mosaic Confessors” law went into effect, making Finnish Jews full citizens.
- 2006A stampede during the Stoning the Devil ritual on the last day at the Hajj in Mina, Saudi Arabia, kills at least 362 Muslim pilgrims.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1577Jan Baptist van Helmont, Flemish chemist (d. 1644)
- 1715Jacques Duphly, French composer (d. 1789)
- 1723Samuel Langdon, American college educator (d. 1797)
- 1876Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari, Italian composer (d. 1948)
- 1876Fevzi Çakmak, Turkish Field Marshal and Prime Minister (d. 1950)
- 1905James Bennett Griffin, American archaeologist (d. 1997)
- 1908Jean Delannoy, French film director (d. 2008)
- 1948Gordon Campbell, Premier of British Columbia
- 1964Jeff Bezos, American entrepreneur
- 1975Jocelyn Thibault, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.