January 12: Day of the Week
January 12, 2021 was the 12th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 353 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SIRFBAANDZ? Check your answers here: Word solver SIRFBAANDZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1539Treaty of Toledo signed by King Francis I of France and Holy Roman Emperor Charles V.
- 1773The first public Colonial American museum opens in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1777Mission Santa Clara de Asís is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- 1872Yohannes IV is crowned Emperor of Ethiopia in Axum, the first imperial coronation in that city in over 200 years.
- 189913 crew members and 5 apprentices are rescued from the stricken schooner Forest Hall by the Lynmouth Lifeboat when it floundered off the coast of Devon, England.
- 1921Acting to restore confidence in baseball after the Black Sox Scandal, Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis is elected as Major League Baseball’s first commissioner.
- 1971The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- 1976The UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
- 1991Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.
- 2004The world’s largest ocean liner, RMS Queen Mary 2, makes its maiden voyage.
Who were born on January 12?
- 1597François Duquesnoy, French sculptor (d. 1643)
- 1786Sir Robert Inglis, Bt, English politician (d. 1855)
- 1863Swami Vivekananda, Indian philosopher (d. 1902)
- 1937Shirley Eaton, British actress
- 1944Joe Frazier, American boxer (d. 2011)
- 1944Vlastimil Hort, Czechoslovakian chess player
- 1946Cynthia Robinson, American musician (Sly & the Family Stone)
- 1946Lady Cosgrove, Scottish judiciary figure
- 1969Robert Prosinečki, Croatian footballer
- 1995Laurel McGoff, American reality show contestant
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.