January 13: Day of the Week
January 13, 2019 was the 13th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 352 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 13: This Day in History
It is still celebrated as New Year’s Eve (at least in the 20th & 21st centuries) by countries still using the thirteen-day-slower Julian calendar (Old New Year).
January 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1328Edward III of England marries Philippa of Hainault, daughter of the Count of Hainault.
- 1547Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey is sentenced to death.
- 1607The Bank of Genoa fails after announcement of national bankruptcy in Spain.
- 1830The Great fire of New Orleans, Louisiana begins.
- 1840The steamship Lexington burns and sinks four miles off the coast of Long Island with the loss of 139 lives.
- 1893The Independent Labour Party of the United Kingdom holds its first meeting.
- 1910The first public radio broadcast takes place; a live performance of the opera Cavalleria rusticana is sent out over the airwaves from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City.
- 1934The Candidate of Science degree is established in the USSR.
- 1953Marshal Josip Broz Tito is chosen as President of Yugoslavia.
- 1991Soviet Union troops attack Lithuanian independence supporters in Vilnius, killing 14 people and wounding 1000.
Who were born on January 13?
- 1562Mark Alexander Boyd, Scottish poet (d. 1601)
- 1866Vasily Kalinnikov, Russian composer (d. 1901)
- 1884Sophie Tucker, Russian-born singer and performer (d. 1966)
- 1930Liz Anderson, American singer
- 1964Penelope Ann Miller, American actress
- 1981Reggie Brown, American football player
- 1982Kamran Akmal, Pakistan cricketer
- 1983Ronny Turiaf, French basketball player
- 1986Joannie Rochette, Canadian figure skater
- 1987Daniel Oss, Italian cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.