January 13: Day of the Week
January 13, 2021 was the 13th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 352 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WGUQKEOB? Check your answers here: Words with these letters WGUQKEOB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 13: This Day in History
It is still celebrated as New Year’s Eve (at least in the 20th & 21st centuries) by countries still using the thirteen-day-slower Julian calendar (Old New Year).
January 13 Historical Event(s)
- 532Nika riots in Constantinople.
- 1607The Bank of Genoa fails after announcement of national bankruptcy in Spain.
- 1815War of 1812: British troops capture Fort Peter in St. Marys, Georgia, the only battle of the war to take place in the state.
- 1832President Andrew Jackson writes to Vice President Martin Van Buren expressing his opposition to South Carolina’s defiance of federal authority in the Nullification Crisis.
- 1893U.S. Marines land in Honolulu from the USS Boston to prevent the queen from abrogating the Bayonet Constitution.
- 1910The first public radio broadcast takes place; a live performance of the opera Cavalleria rusticana is sent out over the airwaves from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City.
- 1913Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated was founded on the campus of Howard University.
- 1935A plebiscite in Saarland shows that 90.3% of those voting wish to join Nazi Germany.
- 1942Henry Ford patents a plastic automobile, which is 30% lighter than a regular car.
- 1964Anti-Muslim riots break out in Calcutta – resulting in 100 deaths.
Who were born on January 13?
- 1865Princess Marie of Orléans (d. 1908)
- 1893Roy Cazaly, Australian rules footballer (d. 1963)
- 1901A. B. Guthrie, American novelist, historian (d. 1991)
- 1906Zhou Youguang, Chinese linguist
- 1924Paul Feyerabend, Austrian-born philosopher (d. 1994)
- 1925Georgi Kaloyanchev, Bulgarian actor
- 1930Frances Sternhagen, American actress
- 1938William B. Davis, Canadian actor
- 1939Cesare Maniago, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1940Edmund White, American author
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.