January 13: Day of the Week
January 13, 2022 was the 13th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 352 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IEUONIDBM? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IEUONIDBM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 13: This Day in History
It is still celebrated as New Year’s Eve (at least in the 20th & 21st centuries) by countries still using the thirteen-day-slower Julian calendar (Old New Year).
January 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1328Edward III of England marries Philippa of Hainault, daughter of the Count of Hainault.
- 1785John Walter publishes the first issue of the Daily Universal Register (later renamed The Times).
- 1815War of 1812: British troops capture Fort Peter in St. Marys, Georgia, the only battle of the war to take place in the state.
- 1830The Great fire of New Orleans, Louisiana begins.
- 1832President Andrew Jackson writes to Vice President Martin Van Buren expressing his opposition to South Carolina’s defiance of federal authority in the Nullification Crisis.
- 1942Henry Ford patents a plastic automobile, which is 30% lighter than a regular car.
- 1964Karol Wojtyla, the future Pope John Paul II, is appointed archbishop of Krakow, Poland.
- 1968Johnny Cash performs live at Folsom Prison
- 1972Prime Minister Kofi Busia and President Edward Akufo-Addo of Ghana are ousted in a bloodless military coup by Colonel Ignatius Kutu Acheamphong.
- 1986A month-long violent struggle begins in Aden, South Yemen between supporters of Ali Nasir Muhammad and Abdul Fattah Ismail, resulting in thousands of casualties.
Who were born on January 13?
- 1651Henry Booth, 1st Earl of Warrington, English politician (d. 1694)
- 1886Art Ross, Canadian ice hockey player and executive (d. 1964)
- 1939Cesare Maniago, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1949Klaus Brandner, German politician
- 1955Paul Kelly, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1957Mark O'Meara, Major winning American Golfer
- 1968Mike Whitlow, English footballer
- 1968Traci Bingham, American actress
- 1982Kamran Akmal, Pakistan cricketer
- 1983Ronny Turiaf, French basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.