January 14: Day of the Week
January 14, 2019 was the 14th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 351 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 14: This Day in History
It is celebrated as New Year’s Day (at least in the 20th and 21st centuries) by countries still following the Julian calendar.
January 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1301Andrew III of Hungary dies, ending the Arpad dynasty in Hungary.
- 1639The “Fundamental Orders”, the first written constitution that created a government, is adopted in Connecticut.
- 1761The Third Battle of Panipat is fought in India between the Afghans under Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marhatas. The Afghan victory changes the course of Indian History.
- 1822Greek War of Independence: Acrocorinth is captured by Theodoros Kolokotronis and Demetrius Ypsilanti.
- 1943World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill begin the Casablanca Conference to discuss strategy and study the next phase of the war.
- 1950The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- 1967Counterculture of the 1960s: The Human Be-In, takes place in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, launching the Summer of Love.
- 1972Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ascends the throne, the first Queen of Denmark since 1412 and the first Danish monarch not named Frederick or Christian since 1513.
- 1978The English punk rock band Sex Pistols broke up amidst their US tour.
- 2011Stampede near Sabarimala – 104 devotees killed and several others injured in a stampede at Uppupara in Idukki district.
Who were born on January 14?
- 1684Jean-Baptiste van Loo, French painter (d. 1745)
- 1806Sir Charles Hotham, Governor of Victoria (d. 1855)
- 1824Vladimir Stasov, Russian art and music critic (d. 1906)
- 1901Alfred Tarski, Polish logician and mathematician (d. 1983)
- 1949Lawrence Kasdan, American director
- 1952Sydney Biddle Barrows, American author
- 1961Rob Hall, New Zealan mountaineer (d. 1996)
- 1979Evans Soligo, Italian footballer
- 1982Caleb Followill, American singer (Kings of Leon)
- 1982Léo Lima, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.