January 14: Day of the Week
January 14, 2019 was the 14th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 351 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carly’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 14: This Day in History
It is celebrated as New Year’s Day (at least in the 20th and 21st centuries) by countries still following the Julian calendar.
January 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1784American Revolutionary War: Ratification Day, United States Congress ratifies Treaty of Paris with Great Britain.
- 1814Treaty of Kiel: Frederick VI of Denmark cedes Norway to Sweden in return for Pomerania.
- 1822Greek War of Independence: Acrocorinth is captured by Theodoros Kolokotronis and Demetrius Ypsilanti.
- 1858Napoleon III of France escapes an assassination attempt.
- 1907An earthquake in Kingston, Jamaica kills more than 1,000.
- 1943World War II: Operation Ke, the successful Japanese operation to evacuate their forces from Guadalcanal during the Guadalcanal campaign, begins.
- 1954The Hudson Motor Car Company merges with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation forming the American Motors Corporation.
- 2004The national flag of The Republic of Georgia, the so-called “five cross flag”, is restored to official use after a hiatus of some 500 years.
- 2005Landing of the Huygens probe on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- 2011Ben Ali, former Tunisian president, fled the country to Saudi Arabia after popular protests (dubbed as Jasmine Revolution) requesting his departure.
Who were born on January 14?
- 1925Louis Quilico, Canadian baritone (d. 2000)
- 1940Julian Bond, American civil rights activist
- 1948John Lescroart, American author
- 1954Masanobu Fuchi, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1965Marc Delissen, Dutch field hockey player
- 1969David Grohl, American drummer and composer (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures)
- 1979Karen Elson, British supermodel
- 1980Clive Clarke, Irish footballer
- 1982Léo Lima, Brazilian footballer
- 1989Liu Xiaodong, Chinese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.