January 14: Day of the Week
January 14, 2020 was the 14th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 352 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Avery’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 14: This Day in History
It is celebrated as New Year’s Day (at least in the 20th and 21st centuries) by countries still following the Julian calendar.
January 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1343Arnošt of Pardubice became the last bishop of Prague.
- 1761The Third Battle of Panipat is fought in India between the Afghans under Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marhatas. The Afghan victory changes the course of Indian History.
- 1822Greek War of Independence: Acrocorinth is captured by Theodoros Kolokotronis and Demetrius Ypsilanti.
- 1858Napoleon III of France escapes an assassination attempt.
- 1950The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- 1952NBC’s long-running morning news program Today debuts, with host Dave Garroway.
- 1978The English punk rock band Sex Pistols broke up amidst their US tour.
- 2000A United Nations tribunal sentences five Bosnian Croats to up to 25 years for the 1993 killing of over 100 Muslims in a Bosnian village.
- 2011Ben Ali, former Tunisian president, fled the country to Saudi Arabia after popular protests (dubbed as Jasmine Revolution) requesting his departure.
- 2011Stampede near Sabarimala – 104 devotees killed and several others injured in a stampede at Uppupara in Idukki district.
Who were born on January 14?
- 83 BCMarcus Antonius, Roman politician (d. 30 BC)
- 1806Sir Charles Hotham, Governor of Victoria (d. 1855)
- 1907Georges-Émile Lapalme, French-Canadian politician (d. 1985)
- 1928Garry Winogrand, American photographer (d. 1984)
- 1954Jim Duggan, American professional wrestler
- 1968Veikka Gustafsson, Finnish mountaineer
- 1971Antonios Nikopolidis, Greek footballer
- 1978Just Blaze, American hip hop producer
- 1979John Reuben, American hip hop artist
- 1981Rosa López, Spanish singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.