January 14: Day of the Week
January 14, 2020 was the 14th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 352 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EBIILHE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EBIILHE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 14: This Day in History
It is celebrated as New Year’s Day (at least in the 20th and 21st centuries) by countries still following the Julian calendar.
January 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1129Formal approval of the Order of the Templar at the Council of Troyes.
- 1343Arnošt of Pardubice became the last bishop of Prague.
- 1784American Revolutionary War: Ratification Day, United States Congress ratifies Treaty of Paris with Great Britain.
- 1814Treaty of Kiel: Frederick VI of Denmark cedes Norway to Sweden in return for Pomerania.
- 1943World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill begin the Casablanca Conference to discuss strategy and study the next phase of the war.
- 1943World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to travel via airplane while in office when he travels from Miami, Florida to Morocco to meet with Winston Churchill.
- 1954The Hudson Motor Car Company merges with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation forming the American Motors Corporation.
- 2000A United Nations tribunal sentences five Bosnian Croats to up to 25 years for the 1993 killing of over 100 Muslims in a Bosnian village.
- 2004The national flag of The Republic of Georgia, the so-called “five cross flag”, is restored to official use after a hiatus of some 500 years.
- 2005Landing of the Huygens probe on Saturn’s moon Titan.
Who were born on January 14?
- 1800Ludwig Ritter von Köchel, Austrian musicologist (d. 1877)
- 18455th Marquess of Lansdowne, Governor-General of Canada, Viceroy of India (d. 1927)
- 1870Sir George Pearce, Australian politician (d. 1952)
- 1948Valeri Kharlamov, Soviet ice hockey player (d. 1981)
- 1949Mary Robison, American writer
- 1967Zakk Wylde, American musician (Black Label Society)
- 1969David Grohl, American drummer and composer (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures)
- 1978Shawn Crawford, American sprinter
- 1980Hiroshi Tamaki, Japanese actor and model
- 1981Abdelmalek Cherrad, Algerian football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.