January 14: Day of the Week
January 14, 2019 was the 14th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 351 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 14: This Day in History
It is celebrated as New Year’s Day (at least in the 20th and 21st centuries) by countries still following the Julian calendar.
January 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1129Formal approval of the Order of the Templar at the Council of Troyes.
- 1343Arnošt of Pardubice became the last bishop of Prague.
- 1724King Philip V of Spain abdicates the throne.
- 1761The Third Battle of Panipat is fought in India between the Afghans under Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marhatas. The Afghan victory changes the course of Indian History.
- 1784American Revolutionary War: Ratification Day, United States Congress ratifies Treaty of Paris with Great Britain.
- 1822Greek War of Independence: Acrocorinth is captured by Theodoros Kolokotronis and Demetrius Ypsilanti.
- 1933The controversial Bodyline cricket tactics used by Douglas Jardine’s England peaks when Australian captain Bill Woodfull was hit in the heart.
- 1952NBC’s long-running morning news program Today debuts, with host Dave Garroway.
- 1954Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj was named fifth Jagadguru (world teacher) after giving seven days of speeches before 500 Hindu scholars.
- 1973Elvis Presley’s concert Aloha from Hawaii is broadcast live via satellite, and sets a record as the most watched broadcast by an individual entertainer in television history.
Who were born on January 14?
- 1767Maria Theresa of Tuscany, queen consort of Saxony (d. 1827)
- 1887Hugo Steinhaus, Polish mathematician and educator (d. 1972)
- 1892Martin Niemöller, German theologian (d. 1984)
- 1911Norman ‘Sailor Jerry’Collins, Tattoo artist (d. 1973)
- 1928Gerald Arpino, American dancer and choreographer (d. 2008)
- 1928Lars Forssell, Swedish writer (d. 2007)
- 1938Allen Toussaint, American singer
- 1952Konstantinos Iosifidis, Greek footballer and football manager
- 1980Byron Leftwich, American football player
- 1980Clive Clarke, Irish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.