January 19: Day of the Week
January 19, 2021 is the 19th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 346 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NIITVYALIPMKU? Check your answers here: Word scramble NIITVYALIPMKU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1511Mirandola surrenders to the French.
- 1840Captain Charles Wilkes circumnavigates Antarctica, claiming what became known as Wilkes Land for the United States.
- 1920The United States Senate votes against joining the League of Nations.
- 1935Coopers Inc. sells the world’s first briefs.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade Burma
- 1977Snow falls in Miami, Florida. This is the only time in the history of the city that snow has fallen. It also fell in the Bahamas.
- 1978The last Volkswagen Beetle made in Germany leaves VW’s plant in Emden. Beetle production in Latin America would continue until 2003.
- 1983The Apple Lisa, the first commercial personal computer from Apple Inc. to have a graphical user interface and a computer mouse, is announced.
- 2006A Slovak Air Force Antonov An-24 crashes in Hungary.
- 2006The New Horizons probe is launched by NASA on the first mission to Pluto.
Who were born on January 19?
- 1752James Morris III, American army officer (d. 1820)
- 1924Jean-François Revel, French author (d. 2006)
- 1941Colin Gunton, British theologian (d. 2003)
- 1943Janis Joplin, American singer (d. 1970)
- 1943Petchara Chaowarat, Thai film actress
- 1953Richard Legendre, Canadian politician
- 1969Casey Sherman, American author
- 1977Cocco, Japanese singer
- 1984Fabio Catacchini, Italian footballer
- 1985Rika Ishikawa, Japanese singer (Morning Musume)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.