January 19: Day of the Week
January 19, 2019 was the 19th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 346 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fredrick’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1607San Agustin Church in Manila is officially completed; it is the oldest church still standing in the Philippines.
- 1806The United Kingdom occupies the Cape of Good Hope.
- 1871Franco-Prussian War: In the Siege of Paris, Prussia wins the Battle of St. Quentin. Meanwhile, the French attempt to break the siege in the Battle of Buzenval will end unsuccessfully the following day.
- 1883The first electric lighting system employing overhead wires, built by Thomas Edison, begins service at Roselle, New Jersey.
- 1915Georges Claude patents the neon discharge tube for use in advertising.
- 1915World War I: German zeppelins bomb the towns of Great Yarmouth and King’s Lynn in the United Kingdom killing more than 20, in the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target.
- 1949Cuba recognizes Israel.
- 195368% of all television sets in the United States are tuned in to I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
- 1960Japan and the United States sign the US-Japan Mutual Security Treaty
- 1999British Aerospace agrees to acquire the defence subsidiary of the General Electric Company plc, forming BAE Systems in November 1999.
Who were born on January 19?
- 1736James Watt, Scottish inventor (d. 1819)
- 1808Lysander Spooner, American philosopher (d. 1887)
- 1932Russ Hamilton, British singer (d. 2008)
- 1935Johnny O'Keefe, Australian singer (d. 1978)
- 1937Giovanna Marini, Italian singer-songwriter
- 1969Casey Sherman, American author
- 1975Noah Georgeson, American musician
- 1977Nicole, Chilean singer
- 1984Jimmy Kebe, Malian footballer
- 1992Mac Miller, American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.