January 19: Day of the Week
January 19, 2020 was the 19th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 347 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gabrielle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1764John Wilkes is expelled from the British House of Commons for seditious libel.
- 1788The second group of ships of the First Fleet arrives at Botany Bay.
- 1861American Civil War: Georgia joins South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama in seceding from the United States.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Mill Springs – The Confederacy suffers its first significant defeat in the conflict.
- 1893Henrik Ibsen’s play The Master Builder receives its premiere performance in Berlin.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade Burma
- 1949Cuba recognizes Israel.
- 1977Snow falls in Miami, Florida. This is the only time in the history of the city that snow has fallen. It also fell in the Bahamas.
- 1986The first computer virus released into the wild is a boot sector virus dubbed (c)Brain, created by the Farooq Alvi Brothers in Lahore, Pakistan, reportedly to deter piracy of the software they had written.
- 2007Turkish Journalist Hrant Dink is assassinated in front of his newspaper’s office by 17 year old Turkish ultranationalist Ogün Samast.
Who were born on January 19?
- 1757Augusta Reuss-Ebersdorf, German Princess (d. 1831)
- 1912Leonid Kantorovich, Russian economist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1986)
- 1948Frank McKenna, Canadian politician
- 1961William Ragsdale, American actor
- 1969Casey Sherman, American author
- 1969Predrag Mijatović, Yugoslavian footballer
- 1972Drea de Matteo, American actress
- 1975Noah Georgeson, American musician
- 1977Nicole, Chilean singer
- 1986Loren Galler-Rabinowitz, American ice dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.