January 19: Day of the Week
January 19, 2017 was the 19th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 346 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1764John Wilkes is expelled from the British House of Commons for seditious libel.
- 1853Giuseppe Verdi’s opera Il Trovatore receives its premiere performance in Rome.
- 1915World War I: German zeppelins bomb the towns of Great Yarmouth and King’s Lynn in the United Kingdom killing more than 20, in the first major aerial bombardment of a civilian target.
- 1920The United States Senate votes against joining the League of Nations.
- 1935Coopers Inc. sells the world’s first briefs.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade Burma
- 1960Japan and the United States sign the US-Japan Mutual Security Treaty
- 1975An earthquake strikes Himachal Pradesh, India
- 1996The barge North Cape oil spill occurs as an engine fire forces the tugboat Scandia ashore on Moonstone Beach in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
- 2006The New Horizons probe is launched by NASA on the first mission to Pluto.
Who were born on January 19?
- 1940Paolo Borsellino, Italian magistrate (d. 1992)
- 1947Ann Compton, American news reporter
- 1948Frank McKenna, Canadian politician
- 1950Grant Nordman, Canadian politician
- 1969Steve Staunton, Irish footballer
- 1972Princess Kalina of Bulgaria
- 1980Luke Macfarlane, Canadian actor
- 1984Fabio Catacchini, Italian footballer
- 1985Esteban Guerrieri, Argentine racing driver
- 1988JaVale McGee, American Basketball Player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.