January 19: Day of the Week
January 19, 2019 was the 19th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 346 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1511Mirandola surrenders to the French.
- 1788The second group of ships of the First Fleet arrives at Botany Bay.
- 1829Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s Faust Part 1 receives its premiere performance.
- 1853Giuseppe Verdi’s opera Il Trovatore receives its premiere performance in Rome.
- 1949Cuba recognizes Israel.
- 1960Japan and the United States sign the US-Japan Mutual Security Treaty
- 1969Student Jan Palach dies after setting himself on fire 3 days earlier in Prague’s Wenceslas Square to protest the invasion of Czechoslovakia by the Soviet Union in 1968. His funeral turned into another major protest.
- 1977Snow falls in Miami, Florida. This is the only time in the history of the city that snow has fallen. It also fell in the Bahamas.
- 1981Iran Hostage Crisis: United States and Iranian officials sign an agreement to release 52 American hostages after 14 months of captivity.
- 2007Turkish Journalist Hrant Dink is assassinated in front of his newspaper’s office by 17 year old Turkish ultranationalist Ogün Samast.
Who were born on January 19?
- 1921William ‘Billy Batts’Devino, American gangster (d. 1970)
- 1931Robert MacNeil, Canadian journalist
- 1942Michael Crawford, British singer and actor
- 1943Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
- 1949Dennis Taylor, Northern Irish snooker player
- 1963Martin Bashir, Pakistani-born reporter
- 1969Steve Staunton, Irish footballer
- 1972Elena Kaliská, Slovak slalom canoer
- 1973Yevgeny Sadovyi, Russian swimmer
- 1982Angela Chang, Taiwanese singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.