January 20: Day of the Week
January 20, 2022 was the 20th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 345 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QRUIAZIKR? Check your answers here: Unscramble words QRUIAZIKR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 20: This Day in History
In the ancient astronomy, it was the cusp day between Capricorn and Aquarius. In some years it is Aquarius, but others Capricorn. It depends on the year.
January 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1649Charles I of England goes on trial for treason and other “high crimes”.
- 1783The Kingdom of Great Britain signs a peace treaty with France and Spain, officially ending hostilities in the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence).
- 1839In the Battle of Yungay, Chile defeats an alliance between Peru and Bolivia.
- 1929In Old Arizona, the first full-length talking motion picture filmed outdoors, is released.
- 1942World War II: At the Wannsee Conference held in the Berlin suburb of Wannsee, senior Nazi German officials discuss the implementation of the “Final Solution to the Jewish Question”.
- 1945World War II: Hungary agrees to an armistice with the Allies.
- 1949Point Four Program a program for economic aid to poor countries announced by United States President Harry S. Truman in his inaugural address for a full term as President.
- 1987Church of England envoy Terry Waite is kidnapped in Lebanon.
- 1990On Black Saturday, the Red Army kills Azerbaijani civilians in Baku.
- 2007A three-man team, using only skis and kites, completes a 1093 mi trek to reach the southern pole of inaccessibility for the first time since 1958 and for the first time ever without mechanical assistance.
Who were born on January 20?
- 1664Giovanni Vincenzo Gravina, Italian writer and jurist (d. 1718)
- 1891Mischa Elman, Ukrainian born violinist (d. 1967)
- 1907Paula Wessely, Austrian actress (d. 2000)
- 1924Slim Whitman, American singer
- 1948Nancy Kress, American writer
- 1955Hiromi Ōta, Japanese singer
- 1965Greg Kriesel, American bassist (The Offspring)
- 1966Tracii Guns, American guitarist
- 1970Skeet Ulrich, American actor
- 1971Gerard McDonnell, Irish mountaineer (d. 2008)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.