January 21: Day of the Week
January 21, 2020 was the 21st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 345 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SOJJIRU? Check your answers here: Word solver SOJJIRU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1643Abel Tasman becomes the first European to reach Tonga.
- 1749The Verona Philharmonic Theatre is destroyed by fire. It is rebuilt in 1754.
- 1864The Tauranga Campaign begins during the Maori Wars.
- 1919Meeting of the First Dáil Éireann in the Mansion House Dublin. Sinn Féin adopts Ireland’s first constitution. The first engagement of Irish War of Independence, Sologhead Beg, County Tipperary.
- 1925Albania declares itself a republic.
- 1948The Flag of Quebec is adopted and flown for the first time over the National Assembly of Quebec. The day is marked annually as Quebec Flag Day.
- 1966New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1968A B-52 bomber crashes near Thule Air Base, contaminating the area after its nuclear payload ruptures. One of the four bombs remains unaccounted for after the cleanup operation is complete.
- 1976Commercial service of Concorde begins with the London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
- 2005In Belmopan, Belize, the unrest over the government’s new taxes erupts into riots.
Who were born on January 21?
- 1864Paul Troje, German politician (d. 1942)
- 1910Albert Rosellini, American politician and 15th Governor of Washington (d. 2011)
- 1924Benny Hill, English actor, comedian, and singer (d. 1992)
- 1941Richie Havens, American musician
- 1957Greg Ryan, American soccer coach
- 1966Candi Milo, American voice actress
- 1973Duane Lee Chapman, II, American bounty hunter
- 1978Tamir “Nokio” Ruffin, American singer
- 1981Ivan Ergić, Serbian footballer
- 2001Jackson Brundage, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.