January 21: Day of the Week
January 21, 2019 was the 21st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 344 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joyce’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1749The Verona Philharmonic Theatre is destroyed by fire. It is rebuilt in 1754.
- 1864The Tauranga Campaign begins during the Maori Wars.
- 1911The first Monte Carlo Rally takes place.
- 1915Kiwanis International is founded in Detroit, Michigan.
- 1919Meeting of the First Dáil Éireann in the Mansion House Dublin. Sinn Féin adopts Ireland’s first constitution. The first engagement of Irish War of Independence, Sologhead Beg, County Tipperary.
- 1931Sir Isaac Isaacs is sworn in as the first Australian-born Governor-General of Australia.
- 1960Little Joe 1B, a Mercury spacecraft, lifts off from Wallops Island, Virginia with Miss Sam, a female rhesus monkey on board.
- 1966New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1968Vietnam War: Battle of Khe Sanh – One of the most publicized and controversial battles of the war begins.
- 2008Black Monday in worldwide stock markets. FTSE 100 had its biggest ever one-day points fall, European stocks closed with their worst result since 11 September 2001, and Asian stocks drop as much as 14%.
Who were born on January 21?
- 1829King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway (d. 1907)
- 1864Paul Troje, German politician (d. 1942)
- 1935Ann Wedgeworth, American actress
- 1937Prince Max, Duke in Bavaria
- 1967Artashes Minasian, Armenian chess Grandmaster
- 1969Tsubaki Nekoi, Japanese manga artist
- 1974Rove McManus, Australian television host and comedian
- 1975Ito, Spanish footballer
- 1985Adrian Lewis, English darts player
- 1988Vanessa Hessler, Italian model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.