January 21: Day of the Week
January 21, 2019 was the 21st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 344 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1789The first American novel, The Power of Sympathy or the Triumph of Nature Founded in Truth, is printed in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1861American Civil War: Jefferson Davis resigns from the United States Senate.
- 1919Meeting of the First Dáil Éireann in the Mansion House Dublin. Sinn Féin adopts Ireland’s first constitution. The first engagement of Irish War of Independence, Sologhead Beg, County Tipperary.
- 1925Albania declares itself a republic.
- 1931Sir Isaac Isaacs is sworn in as the first Australian-born Governor-General of Australia.
- 1948The Flag of Quebec is adopted and flown for the first time over the National Assembly of Quebec. The day is marked annually as Quebec Flag Day.
- 1960Little Joe 1B, a Mercury spacecraft, lifts off from Wallops Island, Virginia with Miss Sam, a female rhesus monkey on board.
- 1966New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1976Commercial service of Concorde begins with the London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
- 1997Newt Gingrich becomes the first leader of the United States House of Representatives to be internally disciplined for ethical misconduct.
Who were born on January 21?
- 1921Howard Unruh, American mass murderer (d. 2009)
- 1933Joseph W. Eschbach, American doctor (d. 2007)
- 1969Karina Lombard, American actress
- 1971Tweet, American singer
- 1975Yuji Ide, Japanese racing driver
- 1981Dany Heatley, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Alex Pérez, Spanish footballer
- 1985Matt Unicomb, Australian basketball player
- 1985Sasha Pivovarova, Russian model
- 2004Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.