January 21: Day of the Week
January 21, 2019 was the 21st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 344 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1749The Verona Philharmonic Theatre is destroyed by fire. It is rebuilt in 1754.
- 1789The first American novel, The Power of Sympathy or the Triumph of Nature Founded in Truth, is printed in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1893The Tati Concessions Land, formerly part of Matabeleland, is formally annexed to the Bechuanaland Protectorate, now Botswana.
- 1908New York City passes the Sullivan Ordinance, making it illegal for women to smoke in public, only to have the measure vetoed by the mayor.
- 1911The first Monte Carlo Rally takes place.
- 1966New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1968A B-52 bomber crashes near Thule Air Base, contaminating the area after its nuclear payload ruptures. One of the four bombs remains unaccounted for after the cleanup operation is complete.
- 1971The current Emley Moor transmitting station, the tallest free-standing structure in the United Kingdom, begins transmitting UHF broadcasts.
- 1976Commercial service of Concorde begins with the London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
- 2004NASA’s MER-A (the Mars Rover Spirit) ceases communication with mission control. The problem lies in the management of its flash memory and is fixed remotely from Earth on February 6.
Who were born on January 21?
- 1813John C. Frémont, American army officer, explorer and presidential candidate (d. 1890)
- 1860Karl Staaff, Prime Minister of Sweden (d. 1915)
- 1887Maude Farris-Luse, American supercentenarian who was the oldest living person at the age of 115. (d. 2002)
- 1934Audrey Dalton, Irish actress
- 1938John Savident, British actor
- 1941Mike Medavoy, American film producer
- 1959Alex McLeish, Scottish footballer and manager
- 1966Candi Milo, American voice actress
- 1971Alan McManus, Scottish snooker player
- 1975Thomas Castaignede, French rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.