January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2020 was the 22nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 344 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Crystal’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1689The Convention Parliament convenes to determine if James II, the last Roman Catholic king of England, had vacated the throne when he fled to France in 1688.
- 1863The January Uprising breaks out in Poland, Lithuania and Belarus. The aim of the national movement is to regain Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth from occupation by Russia.
- 1917World War I: President Woodrow Wilson of the still-neutral United States calls for “peace without victory” in Europe.
- 1946Creation of the Central Intelligence Group, forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- 1946Iran: Qazi Muhammad declares the independent people’s Republic of Mahabad at Chuwarchira Square in the Kurdish city of Mahabad. He is the new president; Hadschi Baba Scheich is the prime minister.
- 1947KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood, California.
- 1963The Elysée treaty of cooperation between France and Germany is signed by Charles de Gaulle and Konrad Adenauer.
- 1968Operation Igloo White, a US electronic surveillance system to stop communist infiltration into South Vietnam begins installation.
- 2007At least 88 people are killed when two car bombs explode in the Bab Al-Sharqi market in central Baghdad, Iraq.
- 2023New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1889Amos Strunk, American baseball player (d. 1979)
- 1916Harilal Upadhyay, Gujarati author, poet, astrologist (d. 1994)
- 1940John Hurt, English actor
- 1949Phil Miller, English guitarist (National Health, In Cahoots, Matching Mole)
- 1964Stojko Vranković, Croatian basketball player
- 1969Keith Gordon, American baseball player
- 1970Abraham Olano, Spanish cyclist
- 1977Matthew Newton, Australian actor
- 1980Christopher Masterson, American actor
- 1986Maher Magri, Tunisian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.