January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2021 is the 22nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 343 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OFUTHUII? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OFUTHUII. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 565Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus.
- 1506The first contingent of 150 Swiss Guards arrives at the Vatican.
- 1521Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, opens the Diet of Worms.
- 1905Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution.
- 1915Over 600 people are killed in Guadalajara, Mexico, when a train plunges off the tracks into a deep canyon.
- 1947KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood, California.
- 1947New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1984The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- 1987Philippine security forces open fire on a crowd of 10,000–15,000 demonstrators at Malacañang Palace, Manila, killing 13.
- 1992Rebel forces occupy Zaire’s national radio station in Kinshasa and broadcast a demand for the government’s resignation.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1263Ibn Taymiya, Islamic scholar (d. 1328)
- 1831Jack Slade, American frontier figure (d. 1864)
- 1890Fred M. Vinson, 13th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1953)
- 1918Elmer Lach, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1954Peter Pilz, Austrian politician
- 1955Timothy R. Ferguson, American politician
- 1962Eric Schaeffer, American actor and director
- 1972Gonzalo Rodríguez, Uruguayan racing driver (d. 1999)
- 1980Subhash Ram Prajapati, Nepalese writer
- 1987Astrid Jacobsen, Norwegian cross-country skier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.