January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2019 was the 22nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 343 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 565Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus.
- 1877Arthur Tooth, an Anglican clergyman is taken into custody after being prosecuted for using ritualist practices.
- 1889Columbia Phonograph is formed in Washington, D.C.
- 1968Operation Igloo White, a US electronic surveillance system to stop communist infiltration into South Vietnam begins installation.
- 1969A gunman attempts to assassinate Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.
- 1973The Supreme Court of the United States delivers its decision in Roe v. Wade, legalizing elective abortion in all fifty states.
- 1991Gulf War: Three SCUDs and one Patriot missile hit Ramat Gan in Israel, injuring 96 people. Three elderly people die of heart attacks.
- 1999Australian missionary Graham Staines and his two sons are burned alive by radical Hindus while sleeping in their car in Eastern India.
- 2002Kmart becomes the largest retailer in United States history to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- 2004New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1820Joseph Wolf, German artist (d. 1899)
- 1849August Strindberg, Swedish writer (d. 1912)
- 1934Graham Kerr, British-born chef
- 1943Marília Pêra, Brazilian actress
- 1957Francis Wheen, English writer and journalist
- 1967Ecaterina Szabo, Romanian gymnast
- 1980Christopher Masterson, American actor
- 1987Astrid Jacobsen, Norwegian cross-country skier
- 1987Ray Rice, American football player
- 1993Rio Haryanto, Indonesian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.