January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2021 was the 22nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 343 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AVUJMSUOGR? Check your answers here: Words with these letters AVUJMSUOGR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1506The first contingent of 150 Swiss Guards arrives at the Vatican.
- 1771Spain cedes Port Egmont in the Falkland Islands to the United Kingdom.
- 1877Arthur Tooth, an Anglican clergyman is taken into custody after being prosecuted for using ritualist practices.
- 1941World War II: British and Commonwealth troops capture Tobruk from Italian forces during Operation Compass.
- 1946Creation of the Central Intelligence Group, forerunner of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- 1969A gunman attempts to assassinate Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.
- 1971The Singapore Declaration, one of the two most important documents to the uncodified constitution of the Commonwealth of Nations, is issued.
- 1984The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- 1987Pennsylvania politician R. Budd Dwyer shoots and kills himself during a televised press conference, leading to debates on boundaries in journalism.
- 2042New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1890Fred M. Vinson, 13th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1953)
- 1913Henry Bauchau, Belgian novelist, poet, and psychoanalyst
- 1932Piper Laurie, American actress
- 1954Chris Lemmon, American actor
- 1955Timothy R. Ferguson, American politician
- 1967Nick Gillingham, British swimmer
- 1975Balthazar Getty, American actor
- 1980Jonathan Woodgate, English footballer
- 1981Ben Moody, American guitarist (Evanescence)
- 1982Jason Peters, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.