January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2020 was the 22nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 344 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kelly’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 565Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus.
- 1771Spain cedes Port Egmont in the Falkland Islands to the United Kingdom.
- 1824The Ashantis defeat British forces in the Gold Coast.
- 1905Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution.
- 1944World War II: The Allies commence Operation Shingle, an assault on Anzio, Italy.
- 1957Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula.
- 1971The Singapore Declaration, one of the two most important documents to the uncodified constitution of the Commonwealth of Nations, is issued.
- 1990Robert Tappan Morris, Jr. is convicted of releasing the 1988 Internet Computer worm.
- 1991Gulf War: Three SCUDs and one Patriot missile hit Ramat Gan in Israel, injuring 96 people. Three elderly people die of heart attacks.
- 2042New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1886Roman Ungern von Sternberg, Russian counter-revolutionary (d. 1921)
- 1908Lev Davidovich Landau, Soviet physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1968)
- 1909Porfirio Rubirosa, Dominican diplomat and international playboy (d. 1965)
- 1916Henri Dutilleux, French composer
- 1932Piper Laurie, American actress
- 1937Joseph Wambaugh, American author
- 1954Chris Lemmon, American actor
- 1955Thomas David Jones, American astronaut
- 1975David Výborný, Czech ice hockey player
- 1984Maceo Rigters, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.