January 24: Day of the Week
January 24, 2022 was the 24th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 341 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CUUUWXENO? Check your answers here: Word scramble CUUUWXENO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1679King Charles II of England dissolves the Cavalier Parliament.
- 1918The Gregorian calendar is introduced in Russia by decree of the Council of People’s Commissars effective February 14(NS)
- 1942World War II: The Allies bombard Bangkok, leading Thailand to declare war against the United States and United Kingdom.
- 1960Algerian War: Some units of European volunteers in Algiers stage an insurrection known as the “barricades week”, during which they seize government buildings and clash with local police.
- 19611961 Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
- 1972Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
- 1986Voyager 2 passes within 81500 km of Uranus.
- 1990Japan launches Hiten, the country’s first lunar probe, the first robotic lunar probe since the Soviet Union’s Luna 24 in 1976, and the first lunar probe launched by a country other than Soviet Union or the United States.
- 2003The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
- 2039New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Sheep in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 24?
- 1444Galeazzo Maria Sforza, Duke of Milan (d. 1476)
- 1779Tsarina Elizabeth Alexeievna (d. 1826)
- 1864Marguerite Durand, French suffragette (d. 1936)
- 1936William Bogert, American actor
- 1947Warren Zevon, American musician (d. 2003)
- 1950Gennifer Flowers, American actress, political figure
- 1955Jim Montgomery, American swimmer
- 1957Mark Eaton, American basketball player
- 1967Mark Kozelek, American singer/songwriter (Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon)
- 1984Paulo Sérgio, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.