January 24: Day of the Week
January 24, 2021 was the 24th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 341 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EOMQWIIA? Check your answers here: Word scramble EOMQWIIA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1438The Council of Basel suspends Pope Eugene IV as Prelate of Ethiopia, arrives at Massawa from Goa.
- 1859Political union of Moldavia and Wallachia; Alexandru Ioan Cuza is elected as ruler.
- 1916In Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad, the Supreme Court of the United States declares the federal income tax constitutional.
- 1936New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- 1939The deadliest earthquake in Chilean history strikes Chillán.
- 1943World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill conclude a conference in Casablanca.
- 19611961 Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
- 1972Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
- 1986Voyager 2 passes within 81500 km of Uranus.
- 2009The storm Klaus makes landfall near Bordeaux, France. It subsequently would cause 26 deaths as well as extensive disruptions to public transport and power supplies.
Who were born on January 24?
- 1754Andrew Ellicott, American surveyor (d. 1820)
- 1909Martin Lings, English Islamic scholar (d. 2005)
- 1936Bobby Wellins, Scottish jazz saxophonist
- 1941Aaron Neville, American singer
- 1942Gary Hart, American professional wrestling figure (d. 2008)
- 1949John Belushi, American actor (d. 1982)
- 1950Gennifer Flowers, American actress, political figure
- 1962Argiris Kambouris, Greek basketball player
- 1965Mike Awesome, American professional wrestler (d. 2007)
- 1986Raviv Ullman, Israeli-born American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.