January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2020 was the 25th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 341 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CSOJFTUEYJJO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words CSOJFTUEYJJO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1573Battle of Mikatagahara, in Japan; Takeda Shingen defeats Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- 1881Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell form the Oriental Telephone Company.
- 1906New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1941Pope Pius XII elevates the Apostolic Vicariate of the Hawaiian Islands to the dignity of a diocese. It becomes the Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu.
- 1942World War II: Thailand declares war on the United States and United Kingdom.
- 1990The Burns’ Day storm hits northwestern Europe.
- 1993Five people are shot outside the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia resulting in two murders.
- 1994The Clementine space probe launches.
- 2006Mexican professional wrestler Juana Barraza is arrested in conjunction with the serial killing of at least 10 elderly women.
- 2011Egyptian Revolution of 2011 begins in Egypt, with a series of street demonstrations, marches, rallies, acts of civil disobedience, riots, labour strikes, and violent clashes in Cairo, Alexandria, and throughout other cities in Egypt.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1477Anna, Duchess of Brittany, wife of Charles VIII of France (d. 1514)
- 1634Gaspar Fagel, Dutch statesman (d. 1688)
- 1937Ange-Félix Patassé, Central African Republican politician
- 1938Etta James, American singer
- 1948Gueorgui Chichkine, Russian painter
- 1952Peter Tatchell, Australian-born British LGBT activist
- 1961Vivian Balakrishnan, Singaporean politician
- 1967Mark Bamford, American writer/director
- 1980Efstathios Tavlaridis, Greek footballer
- 1982Shawna Waldron, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.