January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2021 is the 25th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 340 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Hope’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 41After a night of negotiation, Claudius is accepted as Roman Emperor by the Senate.
- 1348A strong earthquake strikes the South Alpine region of Friuli in modern Italy, causing considerable damage to buildings as far away as Rome.
- 1533Henry VIII of England secretly marries his second wife Anne Boleyn.
- 1924The 1924 Winter Olympics opens in Chamonix, France (in the French Alps), inaugurating the Winter Olympic Games.
- 1944New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1949At the Hollywood Athletic Club the first Emmy Awards are presented.
- 1955The Soviet Union ends state of war with Germany.
- 1971Charles Manson and three female “Family” members are found guilty of the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.
- 1990The Burns’ Day storm hits northwestern Europe.
- 1998During a historic visit to Cuba, Pope John Paul II demands the release of political prisoners and political reforms while condemning US attempts to isolate the country.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1634Gaspar Fagel, Dutch statesman (d. 1688)
- 1900Yojiro Ishizaka, Japanese writer (d. 1986)
- 1916Frank “Pop” Ivy, American football coach (d. 2003)
- 1923Arvid Carlsson, Swedish scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- 1933Corazon Aquino, 11th President of the Philippines (d. 2009)
- 1949John Cooper Clarke, English punk-poet
- 1952Peter Tatchell, Australian-born British LGBT activist
- 1967Randy McKay, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1975Tim Montgomery, American athlete
- 1980Michelle McCool, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.