January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2020 was the 25th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 341 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marilyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1533Henry VIII of England secretly marries his second wife Anne Boleyn.
- 1924The 1924 Winter Olympics opens in Chamonix, France (in the French Alps), inaugurating the Winter Olympic Games.
- 1944New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1946The United Mine Workers rejoins the American Federation of Labor.
- 1969Brazilian Army captain Carlos Lamarca deserts in order to fight against the military dictatorship, taking with him 10 machine guns and 63 rifles.
- 1981Jiang Qing, the widow of Mao Zedong, is sentenced to death.
- 1994The Clementine space probe launches.
- 1998During a historic visit to Cuba, Pope John Paul II demands the release of political prisoners and political reforms while condemning US attempts to isolate the country.
- 2006Three independent observing campaigns announce the discovery of OGLE-2005-BLG-390Lb through gravitational microlensing, the first cool rocky/icy extrasolar planet around a main-sequence star.
- 2011Egyptian Revolution of 2011 begins in Egypt, with a series of street demonstrations, marches, rallies, acts of civil disobedience, riots, labour strikes, and violent clashes in Cairo, Alexandria, and throughout other cities in Egypt.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1900Yojiro Ishizaka, Japanese writer (d. 1986)
- 1913Luis Marden, American photojournalist (d. 2003)
- 1938Vladimir Vysotsky, Russian poet (d. 1980)
- 1947Ángel Nieto, Spanish motorcycle racer
- 1971Luca Badoer, Italian race car driver
- 1973Geoff Johns, American comic book writer
- 1975Dat Phan, Vietnamese stand-up comedian
- 1980Xavi, Catalan Spanish footballer
- 1981Toše Proeski, Macedonian singer (d. 2007)
- 1989Víctor Ruiz Torre, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.