January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2020 was the 25th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 341 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melinda’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1787American Daniel Shays leads a rebellion to seize Federal arsenal to protest debtor’s prisons.
- 1791The British Parliament passes the Constitutional Act of 1791 and splits the old Province of Quebec into Upper and Lower Canada.
- 1937The Guiding Light debuts on NBC radio from Chicago. In 1952 it moves to CBS television, where it remains until Sept. 18, 2009.
- 1944New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1960The National Association of Broadcasters reacts to the Payola scandal by threatening fines for any disc jockeys who accept money for playing particular records.
- 1969Brazilian Army captain Carlos Lamarca deserts in order to fight against the military dictatorship, taking with him 10 machine guns and 63 rifles.
- 1986The National Resistance Movement topples the government of Tito Okello in Uganda.
- 1993Five people are shot outside the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia resulting in two murders.
- 20032003 Invasion of Iraq: A group of people left London, England, for Baghdad, Iraq, to serve as human shields to prevent the U.S.-led coalition troops from bombing certain locations.
- 2006Three independent observing campaigns announce the discovery of OGLE-2005-BLG-390Lb through gravitational microlensing, the first cool rocky/icy extrasolar planet around a main-sequence star.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1634Gaspar Fagel, Dutch statesman (d. 1688)
- 1900Yojiro Ishizaka, Japanese writer (d. 1986)
- 1913Luis Marden, American photojournalist (d. 2003)
- 1930Tanya Savicheva, Russian diarist (d. 1944)
- 1935Conrad Burns, American politician
- 1938Shotaro Ishinomori, Japanese manga author (d. 1998)
- 1969Kina, American singer
- 1970Stephen Chbosky, American writer
- 1976Mario Haberfeld, Brazilian racing car driver
- 1984Robinho, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.