January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2019 was the 25th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 340 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1792The London Corresponding Society is founded.
- 1858The Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn becomes a popular wedding recessional after it is played on this day at the marriage of Queen Victoria’s daughter, Victoria, and Friedrich of Prussia.
- 1879The Bulgarian National Bank is founded.
- 1881Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell form the Oriental Telephone Company.
- 1961In Washington, D.C. John F. Kennedy delivers the first live presidential television news conference.
- 1971Charles Manson and three female “Family” members are found guilty of the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.
- 1971Himachal Pradesh becomes the 18th Indian state.
- 1982New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1993Five people are shot outside the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia resulting in two murders.
- 1998During a historic visit to Cuba, Pope John Paul II demands the release of political prisoners and political reforms while condemning US attempts to isolate the country.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1615Govert Flinck, Dutch painter (d. 1660)
- 1634Gaspar Fagel, Dutch statesman (d. 1688)
- 1858Kokichi Mikimoto, Japanese pearl farmer (d. 1954)
- 1913Huang Hua, Chinese statesman (d. 2010)
- 1917Jânio Quadros, Brazilian politician (d. 1992)
- 1937Judith Ann Mayotte, American humanitarian and author
- 1954Kim Gandy, American feminist activist
- 1981Francis Jeffers, English footballer
- 1982Sho Sakurai, Japanese singer and actor
- 1985Acie Law IV, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.