January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2019 was the 29th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1861Kansas is admitted as the 34th U.S. state.
- 1886Karl Benz patents the first successful gasoline-driven automobile.
- 1891Liliuokalani is proclaimed Queen of Hawaii, its last monarch.
- 1918Ukrainian-Soviet War: The Bolshevik Red Army, on its way to besiege Kiev, is met by a small group of military students at the Battle of Kruty.
- 1936The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1967The “ultimate high” of the hippie era, the Mantra-Rock Dance, takes place in San Francisco and features Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, and Allen Ginsberg.
- 1989Hungary establishes diplomatic relations with South Korea, making it the first Eastern Bloc nation to do so
- 1996La Fenice, Venice’s opera house, is destroyed by fire.
- 2005The first direct commercial flights from mainland China (from Guangzhou) to Taiwan since 1949 arrived in Taipei. Shortly afterwards, a China Airlines flight lands in Beijing.
- 2006New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dog in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1782Daniel Auber, French composer (d. 1871)
- 1915John Serry, Sr., American musician and arranger (d. 2003)
- 1918John Forsythe, American actor (d. 2010)
- 1927Edward Abbey, American author and environmentalist (d. 1989)
- 1940Kunimitsu Takahashi, Japanese motorcycle racer and racing driver
- 1941Robin Morgan, American feminist and activist
- 1945Tom Selleck, American actor, screenwriter and film producer
- 1953Dwight Takamine, Okinawan-American Hawaii state senator
- 1953Louie Pérez, American songwriter, percussionist and guitarist
- 1974Michael Andersen, Danish basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.