January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2018 was the 29th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1676Feodor III becomes Tsar of Russia.
- 1814France defeats Russia and Prussia in the Battle of Brienne.
- 1863Bear River Massacre.
- 1903New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1918Ukrainian-Soviet War: An armed uprising organized by the Bolsheviks in anticipation of the encroaching Red Army begins at the Kiev Arsenal, which will be put down six days later.
- 1918Ukrainian-Soviet War: The Bolshevik Red Army, on its way to besiege Kiev, is met by a small group of military students at the Battle of Kruty.
- 1940Three trains on the Sakurajima Line, in Osaka, Japan, collide and explode while approaching Ajikawaguchi Station. 181 people are killed.
- 1944In Bologna, Italy, the Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio is destroyed in an air-raid.
- 1967The “ultimate high” of the hippie era, the Mantra-Rock Dance, takes place in San Francisco and features Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, and Allen Ginsberg.
- 2002In his State of the Union Address, President George W. Bush describes “regimes that sponsor terror” as an Axis of Evil, in which he includes Iraq, Iran and North Korea.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1846Karol Olszewski, Polish scientist (d. 1915)
- 1905Barnett Newman, American painter (d. 1970)
- 1945Jim Nicholson, Irish politician
- 1953Hwang Woo-Suk, South Korean biomedical scientist
- 1953Lynne McGranger, Australian actress
- 1957Grazyna Miller, Italian poet, translator, and journalist
- 1960J. G. Thirlwell, Australian-born musician
- 1964Andre Reed, American football player
- 1964Anna Ryder Richardson, British interior designer and television presenter
- 1967Stacey King, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.