January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2021 was the 29th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XDWITAOYUS? Check your answers here: Word search XDWITAOYUS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1845“The Raven” is published in the New York Evening Mirror, the first publication with the name of the author, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1856Queen Victoria institutes the Victoria Cross.
- 1863Bear River Massacre.
- 1886Karl Benz patents the first successful gasoline-driven automobile.
- 1903New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1936The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1963The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1967The “ultimate high” of the hippie era, the Mantra-Rock Dance, takes place in San Francisco and features Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, and Allen Ginsberg.
- 1996President Jacques Chirac announces a “definitive end” to French nuclear weapons testing.
- 2002In his State of the Union Address, President George W. Bush describes “regimes that sponsor terror” as an Axis of Evil, in which he includes Iraq, Iran and North Korea.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1905Barnett Newman, American painter (d. 1970)
- 1932Tommy Taylor, English footballer (d. 1958)
- 1937Bobby Scott, American musician, producer and songwriter (d. 1990)
- 1942Claudine Longet, French singer and dancer
- 1947Marián Varga, Slovak musician
- 1953Dwight Takamine, Okinawan-American Hawaii state senator
- 1960Sean Kerly, English field hockey player
- 1961Petra Thumer, German swimmer
- 1977Justin Hartley, American actor
- 1986Drew Tyler Bell, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.