January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2019 was the 29th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Amanda’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1845“The Raven” is published in the New York Evening Mirror, the first publication with the name of the author, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1856Queen Victoria institutes the Victoria Cross.
- 1886Karl Benz patents the first successful gasoline-driven automobile.
- 1916World War I: Paris is first bombed by German zeppelins.
- 1918Ukrainian-Soviet War: An armed uprising organized by the Bolsheviks in anticipation of the encroaching Red Army begins at the Kiev Arsenal, which will be put down six days later.
- 1944World War II: Approximately 38 men, women, and children die in the Koniuchy massacre in Poland.
- 1949New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1963The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1985Final recording session of We Are The World, by the supergroup USA for Africa.
- 1998In Birmingham, Alabama, a bomb explodes at an abortion clinic, killing one and severely wounding another. Serial bomber Eric Robert Rudolph is suspected as the culprit.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1715Georg Christoph Wagenseil, Austrian composer (d. 1777)
- 1860Anton Chekhov, Russian writer (d. 1904)
- 1942Claudine Longet, French singer and dancer
- 1944Yoweri Museveni, President of Uganda
- 1950Ann Jillian, American actress
- 1953Paulin Bordeleau, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1965Peter Lundgren, Swedish tennis coach
- 1968Sora Jung, Korean actress
- 1982Heidi Mueller, American actress
- 1983Nedžad Sinanović, Bosnian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.