January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2019 was the 29th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Layla’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1814France defeats Russia and Prussia in the Battle of Brienne.
- 1834US President Andrew Jackson orders first use of federal soldiers to suppress a labor dispute.
- 1845“The Raven” is published in the New York Evening Mirror, the first publication with the name of the author, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1936The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1944In Bologna, Italy, the Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio is destroyed in an air-raid.
- 1944World War II: Approximately 38 men, women, and children die in the Koniuchy massacre in Poland.
- 1967The “ultimate high” of the hippie era, the Mantra-Rock Dance, takes place in San Francisco and features Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, and Allen Ginsberg.
- 1987New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1991Gulf War: The Battle of Khafji, the first major ground engagement of the war, as well as its deadliest, begins.
- 1998In Birmingham, Alabama, a bomb explodes at an abortion clinic, killing one and severely wounding another. Serial bomber Eric Robert Rudolph is suspected as the culprit.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1756Henry Lee III, American General (d. 1818)
- 1920José Luis de Vilallonga, Spanish aristocrat (d. 2007)
- 1926Abdus Salam, Pakistani physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1996)
- 1930Derek Bailey, English guitar virtuoso (d. 2005)
- 1943Tony Blackburn, English disc jockey
- 1947David Byron, English singer (Uriah Heep) (d. 1985)
- 1954Terry Kinney, American actor
- 1955Eddie Jordan, American basketball player and head coach
- 1980Ingimundur Ingimundarson, Icelandic handball player
- 1981Rui En, Singaporean actress & singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.