January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2021 is the 29th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UOKWBQKINV? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UOKWBQKINV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1819Stamford Raffles lands on the island of Singapore.
- 1834US President Andrew Jackson orders first use of federal soldiers to suppress a labor dispute.
- 1900The American League is organized in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with 8 founding teams.
- 1903New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1918Ukrainian-Soviet War: The Bolshevik Red Army, on its way to besiege Kiev, is met by a small group of military students at the Battle of Kruty.
- 1963The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1989Hungary establishes diplomatic relations with South Korea, making it the first Eastern Bloc nation to do so
- 1996La Fenice, Venice’s opera house, is destroyed by fire.
- 2002In his State of the Union Address, President George W. Bush describes “regimes that sponsor terror” as an Axis of Evil, in which he includes Iraq, Iran and North Korea.
- 2005The first direct commercial flights from mainland China (from Guangzhou) to Taiwan since 1949 arrived in Taipei. Shortly afterwards, a China Airlines flight lands in Beijing.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1715Georg Christoph Wagenseil, Austrian composer (d. 1777)
- 1901Allen B. DuMont, American scientist and inventor (d. 1965)
- 1913Daniel Taradash, American screenwriter (d. 2003)
- 1922Gerda Steinhoff, Nazi concentration camp supervisor (d. 1946)
- 1950Miklós Vámos, Hungarian writer, television host
- 1953Steve March-Tormé, American musician
- 1960Sean Kerly, English field hockey player
- 1979Andreas Thorstensson, Swedish website developer
- 1981Rui En, Singaporean actress & singer
- 1987Alex Avila, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.