January 30: Day of the Week
January 30, 2021 is the 30th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 335 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NLTOMIFIVHAE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words NLTOMIFIVHAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1703The Forty-seven Ronin, under the command of Ōishi Kuranosuke, avenge the death of their master.
- 1820Edward Bransfield sights the Trinity Peninsula and claims the discovery of Antarctica.
- 1826The Menai Suspension Bridge, considered the world’s first modern suspension bridge, connecting the Isle of Anglesey to the north West coast of Wales, is opened.
- 1911New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade the island of Ambon in the Dutch East Indies.
- 1948Indian pacifist and leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi known for his non-violent freedom struggle is assassinated by Pandit Nathuram Godse, a Hindu extremist.
- 1956American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.'s home is bombed in retaliation for the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- 1960The African National Party is founded in Chad, through the merger of traditionalist parties.
- 1979A Varig 707-323C freighter, flown by the same commander as Flight 820, disappears over the Pacific Ocean 30 minutes after taking off from Tokyo.
- 1994Péter Lékó becomes the youngest chess grand master.
Who were born on January 30?
- 1873Georges Ricard-Cordingley, French painter (d. 1939)
- 1936Patrick Caulfield, British painter and printmaker (d. 2005)
- 1941Gregory Benford, American author and scientist
- 1955Judith Tarr, American author
- 1956Darko Rundek, Croatian rock singer, songwriter, poet, actor and theatrical director
- 1959Jody Watley, American singer
- 1972Lupillo Rivera, Mexican singer
- 1974Olivia Colman, English actress
- 1980Josh Kelley, American musician
- 1984Kid Cudi, American hip hop performer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.