January 30: Day of the Week
January 30, 2019 was the 30th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 335 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1703The Forty-seven Ronin, under the command of Ōishi Kuranosuke, avenge the death of their master.
- 1806The original Lower Trenton Bridge (also called the Trenton Makes the World Takes Bridge), which spans the Delaware River between Morrisville, Pennsylvania and Trenton, New Jersey, is opened.
- 1826The Menai Suspension Bridge, considered the world’s first modern suspension bridge, connecting the Isle of Anglesey to the north West coast of Wales, is opened.
- 1889Archduke Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria, heir to the Austro-Hungarian crown, is found dead with his mistress Baroness Mary Vetsera in Mayerling.
- 1911The destroyer USS Terry makes the first airplane rescue at sea saving the life of James McCurdy 10 miles from Havana, Cuba.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces invade the island of Ambon in the Dutch East Indies.
- 1945World War II: Raid at Cabanatuan: 126 American Rangers and Filipino resistance liberate 500 prisoners from the Cabanatuan POW camp.
- 1968New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1969The Beatles’ last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records in London. The impromptu concert is broken up by the police.
- 1972Bloody Sunday: British Paratroopers kill fourteen unarmed civil rights/anti internment marchers in Northern Ireland.
Who were born on January 30?
- 1866Gelett Burgess, American literary humorist (d. 1951)
- 1914David Wayne, American actor (d. 1995)
- 1917Paul Frère, Belgian racing driver and motorsport journalist (d. 2008)
- 1927Bendapudi Venkata Satyanarayana, Indian dermatologist (d. 2005)
- 1931Shirley Hazzard, Australian-born author
- 1947Steve Marriott, English musician (Humble Pie, The Small Faces) (d. 1991)
- 1948Miles Reid, English mathematician
- 1951Phil Collins, English musician
- 1973Jalen Rose, American basketball player
- 2005Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah II of Jordan
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.