January 4: Day of the Week
January 4, 2019 was the 4th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 361 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 4 Historical Event(s)
- 871Battle of Reading: Ethelred of Wessex fights, and is defeated by, a Danish invasion army.
- 1642King Charles I of England sends soldiers to arrest members of Parliament, commencing England’s slide into civil war.
- 1762Great Britain declares war on Spain and Naples.
- 1884The Fabian Society is founded in London.
- 1896Utah is admitted as the 45th U.S. state.
- 1955The Greek National Radical Union is formed by Konstantinos Karamanlis.
- 1965United States President Lyndon B. Johnson proclaims his “Great Society” during his State of the Union address.
- 1998Wilaya of Relizane massacres in Algeria: over 170 are killed in three remote villages.
- 2004Mikheil Saakashvili is elected President of Georgia following the November 2003 Rose Revolution.
- 2007The 110th United States Congress convenes, electing Nancy Pelosi as the first female Speaker of the House in U.S. history.
Who were born on January 4?
- 1870Percy Pitt, English organist and conductor (d. 1932)
- 1930Don Shula, American football coach
- 1932Carlos Saura, Spanish director
- 1958Andy Borowitz, American comedian and satirist
- 1958Julian Sands, English actor
- 1965Julia Ormond, English actress
- 1973Greg de Vries, Canadian hockey player
- 1977Tim Wheeler, Irish singer (Ash)
- 1979Tristan Gommendy, French racing driver
- 1991Stefan Nenadović, Montenegrin footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.