July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2021 is the 182nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CDUUBOVVO? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters CDUUBOVVO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1863American Civil War: the Battle of Gettysburg begins.
- 1908SOS is adopted as the international distress signal.
- 1942The Australian Federal Government becomes the sole collector of Income Tax in Australia as the State Income Tax is abolished.
- 1957The International Geophysical Year begins.
- 1958Flooding of Canada’s St. Lawrence Seaway begins.
- 1968The CIA’s Phoenix Program is officially established.
- 1968The Nuclear non-proliferation treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., London and Moscow by sixty-two countries.
- 1979Sony introduces the Walkman.
- 1984The PG-13 rating is introduced by the MPAA.
- 1991The Warsaw Pact is officially dissolved at a meeting in Prague.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1633Johann Heinrich Heidegger, Swiss theologian (d. 1698)
- 1742Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, German physicist (d. 1799)
- 1788Jean-Victor Poncelet, French mathematician (d. 1867)
- 1903Amy Johnson, English pilot (d. 1941)
- 1916Olivia de Havilland, British-born actress
- 1952Dan Aykroyd, Canadian actor
- 1980Patrick Aufiero, American ice hockey player
- 1982Hilarie Burton, American actress
- 1988Evan Ellingson, American actor
- 1989Daniel Ricciardo, Australian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.