July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2023 is the 182nd day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BCANAAATPJKB? Check your answers here: Words with these letters BCANAAATPJKB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1690Glorious Revolution: Battle of the Boyne (as reckoned under the Julian calendar).
- 1863Keti Koti (Emancipation Day) in Suriname, marking the abolition of slavery by the Netherlands.
- 1874The Sholes and Glidden typewriter, the first commercially successful typewriter, goes on sale.
- 1878Canada joins the Universal Postal Union.
- 1898Spanish-American War: the Battle of San Juan Hill is fought in Santiago de Cuba.
- 1911Germany despatched the gunship Panther to Morocco, sparking the Agadir Crisis.
- 1921The Communist Party of China is founded.
- 1943Tokyo City merges with Tokyo Prefecture and is dissolved. Since then, no city in Japan has had the name “Tokyo” (present-day Tokyo is not officially a city).
- 1959The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- 2006The first operation of Qinghai-Tibet Railway in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1834Jadwiga Łuszczewska, Polish poet (d. 1908)
- 1906Jean Dieudonné, French mathematician (d. 1992)
- 1913Frank Barrett, American baseball player (d. 1998)
- 1944Lew Rockwell, American libertarian political commentator and activist
- 1961Malcolm Elliott, British cyclist
- 1966Enrico Annoni, Italian footballer
- 1970Henry Simmons, American actor
- 1972Alex Machacek, Austrian musician
- 1976Patrick Kluivert, Dutch footballer
- 1990Natsuki Sato, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.