July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2020 is the 183rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eunice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1569Union of Lublin: the Kingdom of Poland and the Great Duchy of Lithuania confirm a real union; the united country is called the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or the Republic of Both Nations.
- 1690Glorious Revolution: Battle of the Boyne (as reckoned under the Julian calendar).
- 1863American Civil War: the Battle of Gettysburg begins.
- 1867The British North America Act of 1867 takes effect as the Constitution of Canada, creating the Canadian Confederation and the federal dominion of Canada; Sir John A. Macdonald is sworn in as the first Prime Minister of Canada.
- 1881General Order 70, the culmination of the Cardwell and Childers reforms of the British Army, comes into effect.
- 1949The merger of two princely states of India, Cochin and Travancore, into the state of Thiru-Kochi (later re-organized as Kerala) in the Indian Union ends more than 1,000 years of princely rule by the Cochin Royal Family.
- 1959The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- 1970President General Yahya Khan abolishes One-Unit of West Pakistan restoring the provinces.
- 1997China resumes sovereignty over the city-state of Hong Kong, ending 156 years of British colonial rule.
- 2002A Bashkirian Airlines (flight 2937) Tupolev TU-154 and a DHL (German cargo) Boeing 757 collide in mid-air over Ueberlingen, southern Germany, killing 71.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1869William Strunk, Jr., American grammarian (d. 1946)
- 1872Louis Blériot, French aviator (d. 1936)
- 1873Alice Guy-Blaché, American film director (d. 1968)
- 1950David Duke, American politician and white supremacist
- 1951Anne Feeney, American protest singer
- 1961Carl Lewis, American athlete
- 1961Malcolm Elliott, British cyclist
- 1976Ruud van Nistelrooy, Dutch footballer
- 1977Liv Tyler, American actress
- 1989Daniel Ricciardo, Australian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.