July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2019 is the 182nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1867The British North America Act of 1867 takes effect as the Constitution of Canada, creating the Canadian Confederation and the federal dominion of Canada; Sir John A. Macdonald is sworn in as the first Prime Minister of Canada.
- 1874The Sholes and Glidden typewriter, the first commercially successful typewriter, goes on sale.
- 1881General Order 70, the culmination of the Cardwell and Childers reforms of the British Army, comes into effect.
- 1958Flooding of Canada’s St. Lawrence Seaway begins.
- 1960Ghana becomes a Republic and Kwame Nkrumah becomes its first President as Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom ceases to be its Head of state.
- 1976Portugal grants autonomy to Madeira.
- 1979Sony introduces the Walkman.
- 1981The Wonderland Murders occurred in the early morning hours, allegedly masterminded by businessman and drug dealer Eddie Nash.
- 1984The PG-13 rating is introduced by the MPAA.
- 2006The first operation of Qinghai-Tibet Railway in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1899Konstantinos Tsatsos, Greek politician (d. 1987)
- 1913Frank Barrett, American baseball player (d. 1998)
- 1916Olivia de Havilland, British-born actress
- 1925Farley Granger, American actor (d. 2011)
- 1939Karen Black, American actress
- 1942Geneviève Bujold, Canadian actress
- 1955Keith Whitley, American country music singer (d. 1989)
- 1977Pamela Rogers Turner, former elementary school physical education teacher/coach and convicted sex offender
- 1977Tom Frager, French-born singer and surfer
- 1980Nelson Cruz, Dominican Baseball Player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.