July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2019 was the 182nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sophia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1097Battle of Dorylaeum: Crusaders led by Prince Bohemond of Taranto defeat a Seljuk army led by Sultan Kilij Arslan I.
- 1837A system of the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths is established in England and Wales.
- 1881General Order 70, the culmination of the Cardwell and Childers reforms of the British Army, comes into effect.
- 1881The world’s first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States.
- 1931United Airlines begins service (as Boeing Air Transport).
- 1963The British Government admits that former diplomat Kim Philby had worked as a Soviet agent.
- 1976Portugal grants autonomy to Madeira.
- 1980O Canada officially becomes the national anthem of Canada.
- 2003Over 500,000 people protested against efforts to pass anti-sedition legislation in Hong Kong.
- 2006The first operation of Qinghai-Tibet Railway in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1899Charles Laughton, English actor (d. 1962)
- 1942Mike Malloy, American talk radio host
- 1945Debbie Harry, American singer (Blondie)
- 1945Mike Burstyn, Israeli-born American actor
- 1947Shirley Hemphill, American actress (d. 1999)
- 1953Jadranka Kosor, Croatian journalist and politician
- 1963Roddy Bottum, American musician (Faith No More, Imperial Teen)
- 1971Steven W. Bailey, American actor
- 1972Claire Forlani, English actress
- 1998Hollie Steel, English singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.