July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2020 is the 183rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carmen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1690Glorious Revolution: Battle of the Boyne (as reckoned under the Julian calendar).
- 1782American privateers attack Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
- 1870The United States Department of Justice formally comes into existence.
- 1885The United States terminates reciprocity and fishery agreement with Canada.
- 1943Tokyo City merges with Tokyo Prefecture and is dissolved. Since then, no city in Japan has had the name “Tokyo” (present-day Tokyo is not officially a city).
- 1959The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- 1960Ghana becomes a Republic and Kwame Nkrumah becomes its first President as Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom ceases to be its Head of state.
- 1966The first color television transmission in Canada takes place from Toronto.
- 1972The first Gay Pride march in England takes place.
- 1978The Northern Territory in Australia is granted Self-Government.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1574Joseph Hall, English bishop and writer (d. 1656)
- 1883Arthur Borton, English soldier (d. 1933)
- 1906Estée Lauder, American entrepreneur (d. 2004)
- 1907Bill Stern, American sportscaster (d. 1971)
- 1908Peter Anders, German operatic tenor (d. 1954)
- 1912Sally Kirkland, American fashion editor (d. 1989)
- 1939Delaney Bramlett, American singer and songwriter (d. 2008)
- 1972Alex Machacek, Austrian musician
- 1977Birgit Schuurman, Dutch singer and actress
- 1981Carlo del Fava, South African-born Italian rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.