July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2018 was the 182nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1770Lexell’s Comet passed closer to the Earth than any other comet in recorded history, approaching to a distance of 0.0146 a.u.
- 1873Prince Edward Island joins the Canadian Confederation.
- 1879Charles Taze Russell publishes the first edition of the religious magazine The Watchtower.
- 1881The world’s first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States.
- 1931United Airlines begins service (as Boeing Air Transport).
- 1942The Australian Federal Government becomes the sole collector of Income Tax in Australia as the State Income Tax is abolished.
- 1959The Party of the African Federation holds its constitutive conference.
- 1963ZIP Codes are introduced for United States mail.
- 1990German re-unification: East Germany accepts the Deutsche Mark as its currency, thus uniting the economies of East and West Germany.
- 1999The Scottish Parliament is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II on the day that legislative powers are officially transferred from the old Scottish Office in London to the new devolved Scottish Executive in Edinburgh.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1863William Grant Stairs, Canadian explorer (d. 1892)
- 1906Estée Lauder, American entrepreneur (d. 2004)
- 1917Humphry Osmond, British psychiatrist (d. 2004)
- 1931Leslie Caron, French actress
- 1962Andre Braugher, American actor
- 1967Pamela Anderson, Canadian model
- 1970Henry Simmons, American actor
- 1976Patrick Kluivert, Dutch footballer
- 1976Thomas Sadoski, American actor
- 1982Joachim Johansson, Swedish tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.