July 1: Day of the Week
July 1, 2019 is the 182nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 1: This Day in History
The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in a leap year.
July 1 Historical Event(s)
- 69Tiberius Julius Alexander orders his Roman legions in Alexandria to swear allegiance to Vespasian as Emperor.
- 1097Battle of Dorylaeum: Crusaders led by Prince Bohemond of Taranto defeat a Seljuk army led by Sultan Kilij Arslan I.
- 1874The Sholes and Glidden typewriter, the first commercially successful typewriter, goes on sale.
- 1916World War I: First day on the Somme – On the first day of the Battle of the Somme 19,000 soldiers of the British Army are killed and 40,000 wounded.
- 1963ZIP Codes are introduced for United States mail.
- 1967Canada celebrates the 100th anniversary of the British North America Act, 1867, which officially made Canada its own federal dominion.
- 1968The CIA’s Phoenix Program is officially established.
- 1983A North Korean Ilyushin Il-62M jet en route to Conakry Airport in Guinea crashes into the Fouta Djallon mountains in Guinea-Bissau, killing all 23 people on board.
- 1984The PG-13 rating is introduced by the MPAA.
- 1999The Scottish Parliament is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II on the day that legislative powers are officially transferred from the old Scottish Office in London to the new devolved Scottish Executive in Edinburgh.
Who were born on July 1?
- 1534King Frederick II of Denmark and Norway and Duke of Schleswig (d. 1588)
- 1834Jadwiga Łuszczewska, Polish poet (d. 1908)
- 1915Joseph Ransohoff, American neurosurgeon (d. 2001)
- 1926Carl Hahn, German automotive executive
- 1938Craig Anderson, American baseball player
- 1942Geneviève Bujold, Canadian actress
- 1943Jeff Wayne, American pianist, keyboardist and composer
- 1961Diana, Princess of Wales, Prince Charles’s ex wife (d. 1997)
- 1970Henry Simmons, American actor
- 1976Hannu Tihinen, Finnish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.