July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2023 is the 192nd day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JELYAMIISKE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words JELYAMIISKE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 911Signing of the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte between Charles the Simple and Rollo of Normandy.
- 1848Waterloo railway station in London opens.
- 1914Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major league baseball.
- 1943Massacres of Poles in Volhynia.
- 1960To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- 1960Independence of Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger.
- 1971Copper mines in Chile are nationalized.
- 1972The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
- 1978Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1751Caroline Matilda of Wales, queen consort of Denmark and Norway (d. 1775)
- 1866Princess Irene of Hesse and by Rhine (d. 1953)
- 1899E. B. White, American writer (d. 1985)
- 1913Cordwainer Smith, American writer (d. 1966)
- 1916Reg Varney, English actor (d. 2008)
- 1934Giorgio Armani, Italian fashion designer
- 1943Rolf Stommelen, German race car driver (d. 1983)
- 1953Angélica Aragón, Mexican actress
- 1953Maureen Cathryn Harriet “Cats” Falck, Swedish television journalist
- 1984Rachael Taylor, Australian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.