July 12: Day of the Week
July 12, 2019 was the 193rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 172 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1493Hartmann Schedel’s Nuremberg Chronicle, one of the best-documented early printed books, is published.
- 1789French revolutionary and radical journalist Camille Desmoulins gave a speech, following hearing the news that France’s financial minister Jacques Necker has been dismissed. The speech called the citizens to arms, which lead to the falling of the Bastille two days later.
- 1806Sixteen German imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 1812War of 1812: the United States invade Canada at Windsor, Ontario.
- 1917The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
- 1943World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka – German and Soviet forces engage in the largest tank engagement of all time.
- 1948Arab–Israeli War: Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion orders the explusion of Palestinians from the towns of Lod and Ramla.
- 1961Pune floods due to failure of the Khadakwasla and Panshet dams. Half of Pune is submerged, more than 100,000 families need to be relocated and the death tally exceeds 2,000.
- 1962The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.
- 1979The island nation of Kiribati becomes independent from Great Britain.
Who were born on July 12?
- 1817Henry David Thoreau, American writer and philosopher (d. 1862)
- 1922Mark Hatfield, American politician (d. 2011)
- 1947Loren Coleman, American cryptozoologist and author
- 1950Eric Carr, American drummer (Kiss) (d. 1991)
- 1957Rick Douglas Husband, American astronaut (d. 2003)
- 1966Misato Watanabe, Japanese popular music
- 1969Alan Mullally, England cricketer
- 1974Gregory Helms, American professional wrestler
- 1980Johanna Klum, German TV presenter
- 1982Tara Kirk, American swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.