July 12: Day of the Week
July 12, 2019 is the 193rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 172 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1493Hartmann Schedel’s Nuremberg Chronicle, one of the best-documented early printed books, is published.
- 1690Battle of the Boyne (Julian calendar) – The armies of William III defeat those of the former James II.
- 1812War of 1812: the United States invade Canada at Windsor, Ontario.
- 1918The Japanese Imperial Navy battleship Kawachi blows up at Shunan, western Honshu, Japan, killing at least 621.
- 1943World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka – German and Soviet forces engage in the largest tank engagement of all time.
- 1948Arab–Israeli War: Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion orders the explusion of Palestinians from the towns of Lod and Ramla.
- 1960Orlyonok, the main Young Pioneer camp of the Russian SFSR, is founded.
- 1962The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.
- 1970A fire consumes the wooden home of Norwegian composer Geirr Tveitt and irretrievably destroys about 90 percent of his output.
- 1979The island nation of Kiribati becomes independent from Great Britain.
Who were born on July 12?
- 1596Tsar Michael I of Russia (d. 1645)
- 1839Frederick Halsey, English Conservative Party politician (d. 1927)
- 1906Pietro Tordi, Italian actor (d. 1990)
- 1923René Favaloro, Argentine cardiac surgeon who created the technique for coronary bypass surgery (d. 2000)
- 1924Fedon Matheou, Greek retired basketball coach and player
- 1943Paul Silas, American basketball player and head coach
- 1954Wolfgang Dremmler, German footballer
- 1959Charlie Murphy, American actor and writer
- 1976Dan Boyle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Natasha Poly, Russian model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.