July 12: Day of the Week
July 12, 2020 was the 194th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 172 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mitchell’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1191Third Crusade: Saladin’s garrison surrenders to Conrad of Montferrat, ending the two-year siege of Acre.
- 1493Hartmann Schedel’s Nuremberg Chronicle, one of the best-documented early printed books, is published.
- 1690Battle of the Boyne (Julian calendar) – The armies of William III defeat those of the former James II.
- 1806Sixteen German imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 1862The Medal of Honor is authorized by the United States Congress.
- 1917The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
- 1932Hedley Verity takes a cricket world record 10 wickets for 10 runs in a county match for Yorkshire
- 1971The Australian Aboriginal flag is flown for the first time.
- 1973A fire destroys the entire 6th floor of the National Personnel Records Center of the United States.
- 1979Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park Chicago, IL
Who were born on July 12?
- 1813Claude Bernard, French physiologist (d. 1878)
- 1849Sir William Osler, Canadian physician and author (d. 1919)
- 1932Otis Davis, American middle distance runner
- 1947Loren Coleman, American cryptozoologist and author
- 1953John Ausonius, Swedish criminal (The Laser Man)
- 1966Jeff Bucknum, American auto racer
- 1967Richard Herring, English comedian
- 1972Patrick Hill, American sculptor
- 1976Dan Boyle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Melissa O'Neil, Canadian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.