July 13: Day of the Week
July 13, 2019 was the 194th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 171 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1643English Civil War: Battle of Roundway Down – In England, Henry Wilmot, 1st Earl of Rochester, commanding the Royalist forces, heavily defeats the Parliamentarian forces led by Sir William Waller.
- 1794The Battle of the Vosges is fought between French forces and those of Prussia and Austria.
- 1814The Carabinieri, the national gendarmerie of Italy, is established.
- 1863New York Draft Riots: in New York City, opponents of conscription begin three days of rioting which will be later regarded as the worst in United States history.
- 1905The verdict in the six-month long Smarthavicharam trial of Kuriyedath Thathri is pronounced, leading to the excommunication of 65 men of various castes.
- 1923The Hollywood Sign is officially dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles. It originally reads “Hollywoodland ” but the four last letters are dropped after renovation in 1949.
- 1941World War II: Montenegrins begin a popular uprising against the Axis Powers (Trinaestojulski ustanak), the first in Axis-controlled countries.
- 1977New York City, amidst a period of financial and social turmoil experiences a blackout lasting nearly 24 hours that leads to widespread fires and looting.
- 1985Vice President George H.W. Bush becomes the Acting President for the day when President Ronald Reagan undergoes surgery to remove polyps from his colon.
- 2011Mumbai is rocked by three bomb blasts during the evening rush hour, killing 26 and injuring 130.
Who were born on July 13?
- 1776Caroline of Baden, consort of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (d. 1841)
- 1858Stewart Culin, American ethnographer (d. 1929)
- 1924Carlo Bergonzi, Italian tenor
- 1941Robert Forster, American actor
- 1956Claude Giroux, Canadian midget wrestler
- 1957Thierry Boutsen, Belgian racing driver
- 1963Spud Webb, American basketball player
- 1978Ryan Ludwick, American baseball player
- 1979Libuše Průšová, Czech tennis player
- 1982Yadier Molina, Puerto Rican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.