July 13: Day of the Week
July 13, 2021 was the 194th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 171 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZYWIOOGHUM? Check your answers here: Word scramble ZYWIOOGHUM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1260The Livonian Order suffers its greatest defeat in the 13th century in the Battle of Durbe against the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- 1558Battle of Gravelines: in France, Spanish forces led by Count Lamoral of Egmont defeat the French forces of Marshal Paul de Thermes at Gravelines.
- 1573Eighty Years’ War: the Siege of Haarlem ends after seven months.
- 1794The Battle of the Vosges is fought between French forces and those of Prussia and Austria.
- 1878Treaty of Berlin: the European powers redraw the map of the Balkans. Serbia, Montenegro and Romania become completely independent of the Ottoman empire.
- 1905The verdict in the six-month long Smarthavicharam trial of Kuriyedath Thathri is pronounced, leading to the excommunication of 65 men of various castes.
- 1923The Hollywood Sign is officially dedicated in the hills above Hollywood, Los Angeles. It originally reads “Hollywoodland ” but the four last letters are dropped after renovation in 1949.
- 1941World War II: Montenegrins begin a popular uprising against the Axis Powers (Trinaestojulski ustanak), the first in Axis-controlled countries.
- 2003French DGSE personnel abort an operation to rescue Ingrid Betancourt from FARC rebels in Colombia, causing a political scandal when details are leaked to the press.
- 2011Mumbai is rocked by three bomb blasts during the evening rush hour, killing 26 and injuring 130.
Who were born on July 13?
- 1579Arthur Dee, English physician (d. 1651)
- 1894Isaac Babel, Soviet writer (d. 1940)
- 1933Patsy Byrne, English actress
- 1940Patrick Stewart, English actor
- 1946Cheech Marin, American actor
- 1950Ma Ying-jeou, Taiwanese politician and statesman
- 1961Stelios Manolas, Greek footballer and manager
- 1969Kakhi Kakhiashvili, Georgian-born Greek weightlifter
- 1982Dominic Isaacs, South African footballer
- 1997Leo Howard, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.