July 13: Day of the Week
July 13, 2021 is the 194th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 171 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GNMRSCUBIAL? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters GNMRSCUBIAL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1174William I of Scotland, a key rebel in the Revolt of 1173–1174, is captured at Alnwick by forces loyal to Henry II of England.
- 1260The Livonian Order suffers its greatest defeat in the 13th century in the Battle of Durbe against the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- 1643English Civil War: Battle of Roundway Down – In England, Henry Wilmot, 1st Earl of Rochester, commanding the Royalist forces, heavily defeats the Parliamentarian forces led by Sir William Waller.
- 1793Journalist and French revolutionary Jean-Paul Marat is assassinated in his bathtub by Charlotte Corday, a member of the opposing political faction.
- 1814The Carabinieri, the national gendarmerie of Italy, is established.
- 1830The General Assembly’s Institution, now the Scottish Church College, one of the pioneering institutions that ushered the Bengal Renaissance, is founded by Alexander Duff and Raja Ram Mohan Roy, in Calcutta, India.
- 1854In the Battle of Guaymas, Mexico, General Jose Maria Yanez stops the French invasion led by Count Gaston de Raousset-Boulbon.
- 1962In an unprecedented action, British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan dismisses seven members of his Cabinet, marking the effective end of the National Liberals as a distinct force within British politics.
- 1985Vice President George H.W. Bush becomes the Acting President for the day when President Ronald Reagan undergoes surgery to remove polyps from his colon.
- 2011Mumbai is rocked by three bomb blasts during the evening rush hour, killing 26 and injuring 130.
Who were born on July 13?
- 1776Caroline of Baden, consort of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (d. 1841)
- 1841Otto Wagner, Austrian architect (d. 1918)
- 1941Ehud Manor, Israeli songwriter, translator, and radio and TV personality (d. 2005)
- 1960Ian Hislop, British writer and editor
- 1962Tom Kenny, American voice actor
- 1963Neal Foulds, English snooker player
- 1982Joost van den Broek, Dutch keyboard player (After Forever)
- 1989Charalampos Giannopoulos, Greek basketball player
- 1990Matt Weinberg, American actor
- 1992Elise Matthysen, Belgian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.