July 13: Day of the Week
July 13, 2019 was the 194th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 171 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Earl’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1174William I of Scotland, a key rebel in the Revolt of 1173–1174, is captured at Alnwick by forces loyal to Henry II of England.
- 1558Battle of Gravelines: in France, Spanish forces led by Count Lamoral of Egmont defeat the French forces of Marshal Paul de Thermes at Gravelines.
- 1573Eighty Years’ War: the Siege of Haarlem ends after seven months.
- 1854In the Battle of Guaymas, Mexico, General Jose Maria Yanez stops the French invasion led by Count Gaston de Raousset-Boulbon.
- 1863New York Draft Riots: in New York City, opponents of conscription begin three days of rioting which will be later regarded as the worst in United States history.
- 1962In an unprecedented action, British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan dismisses seven members of his Cabinet, marking the effective end of the National Liberals as a distinct force within British politics.
- 1977New York City, amidst a period of financial and social turmoil experiences a blackout lasting nearly 24 hours that leads to widespread fires and looting.
- 2003French DGSE personnel abort an operation to rescue Ingrid Betancourt from FARC rebels in Colombia, causing a political scandal when details are leaked to the press.
- 2008War in Afghanistan: Taliban guerrillas attack NATO troops near the village of Wanat in the Waygal district in Afghanistan’s far eastern province of Nuristan.
- 2011Mumbai is rocked by three bomb blasts during the evening rush hour, killing 26 and injuring 130.
Who were born on July 13?
- 1770Alexander Balashov, Russian general (d. 1837)
- 1793John Clare, English poet (d. 1864)
- 1798Alexandra Feodorovna (Charlotte of Prussia), German-born consort of Nicholas I of Russia (d. 1860)
- 1934Aleksei Yeliseyev, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1934Gordon Lee, English footballer and manager
- 1954Sezen Aksu, Turkish singer
- 1961Stelios Manolas, Greek footballer and manager
- 1976Al Santos, American model and actor
- 1977Ashley Scott, American actress
- 1994Ridge Canipe, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.