July 14: Day of the Week
July 14, 2021 was the 195th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 170 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GESOPNHCUBAI? Check your answers here: Word solver GESOPNHCUBAI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1223Louis VIII becomes King of France upon the death of his father, Philip II of France.
- 1771Foundation of the Mission San Antonio de Padua in modern California by the Franciscan friar Junípero Serra.
- 1789French Revolution: citizens of Paris storm the Bastille.
- 1853Opening of the first major US world’s fair, the Exhibition of the Industry of All Nations in New York City.
- 1881Billy the Kid is shot and killed by Pat Garrett outside Fort Sumner.
- 1960Jane Goodall arrives at the Gombe Stream Reserve in present-day Tanzania to begin her famous study of chimpanzees in the wild.
- 1965The Mariner 4 flyby of Mars takes the first close-up photos of another planet.
- 1987Montreal, Canada, is hit by a series of thunderstorms causing the Montreal Flood of 1987.
- 1992386BSD is released by Lynne Jolitz and William Jolitz beginning the Open Source Operating System Revolution. Linus Torvalds releases his Linux soon afterwards.
- 2000A powerful solar flare, later named the Bastille Day event, causes a geomagnetic storm on Earth.
Who were born on July 14?
- 1602Jules Mazarin, French statesman and cardinal (d. 1661)
- 1801Johannes Peter Müller, German physiologist (d. 1858)
- 1911Terry-Thomas, British actor (d. 1990)
- 1958Joe Keenan, American screenwriter, television producer and novelist
- 1960Anna Bligh, Australian politician
- 1966Owen Coyle, Scottish-born Irish football player and manager
- 1967Jeff Jarrett, American professional wrestler
- 1969Kazushi Sakuraba, Japanese mixed martial artist and professional wrestler
- 1975Jamey Johnson, American country music artist
- 1979Scott Porter, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.