July 16: Day of the Week
July 16, 2019 was the 197th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 168 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Timothy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1779American Revolutionary War: light infantry of the Continental Army seize a fortified British Army position in a midnight bayonet attack at the Battle of Stony Point.
- 1782First performance of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s opera Die Entführung aus dem Serail.
- 1862American Civil War: David Farragut is promoted to rear admiral, becoming the first officer in United States Navy to hold an admiral rank.
- 1880Emily Stowe becomes the first female physician licensed to practice medicine in Canada.
- 1909Persian Constitutional Revolution: Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar is forced out as Shah of Persia and is replaced by his son Ahmad Shah Qajar.
- 1927Augusto César Sandino leads a raid on U.S. Marines and Nicaraguan Guardia Nacional that had been sent to apprehend him in the village of Ocotal, but is repulsed by one of the first dive-bombing attacks in history.
- 1951The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is published for the first time by Little, Brown and Company.
- 1951King Léopold III of Belgium abdicates in favor of his son, Baudouin I of Belgium.
- 1993The Slackware operating system is first released.
- 2004Millennium Park, considered Chicago’s first and most ambitious early 21st century architectural project, is opened to the public by Mayor Richard M. Daley.
Who were born on July 16?
- 1903Fritz Bauer, German judge (d. 1968)
- 1907Orville Redenbacher, American farmer and businessman (d. 1995)
- 1924Bess Myerson, American beauty queen
- 1943Jimmy Johnson, American football coach
- 1951Jean-Luc Mongrain, Canadian journalist
- 1964Miguel Indurain, Spanish cyclist
- 1964Phil Hellmuth, American poker player
- 1971Ed Kowalczyk, American singer (Live)
- 1975Bas Leinders, Belgian racing car driver
- 1980Justine Joli, American pornographic actress and adult model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.