July 18: Day of the Week
July 18, 2021 was the 199th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 166 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IPCOGU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IPCOGU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1812The Treaties of Orebro end both the Anglo-Russian and Anglo-Swedish Wars.
- 1857Louis Faidherbe, French governor of Senegal, arrives to relieve French forces at Kayes, effectively ending El Hajj Umar Tall’s war against the French.
- 1870The First Vatican Council decrees the dogma of papal infallibility.
- 1944World War II: Hideki Tojo resigns as Prime Minister of Japan due to numerous setbacks in the war effort.
- 1968The Intel Corporation is founded in Santa Clara, California.
- 1969After a party on Chappaquiddick Island, Senator Ted Kennedy from Massachusetts drives an Oldsmobile off a bridge and his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, dies.
- 1976Nadia Comăneci became the first person in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 in gymnastics at the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- 1984McDonald’s massacre in San Ysidro, California: in a fast-food restaurant, James Oliver Huberty opens fire, killing 21 people and injuring 19 others before being shot dead by police.
- 1995On the Caribbean island of Montserrat, the Soufriere Hills volcano erupts. Over the course of several years, it devastates the island, destroying the capital and forcing most of the population to flee.
- 1996Storms provoke severe flooding on the Saguenay River, beginning one of Quebec’s costliest natural disasters ever.
Who were born on July 18?
- 1818Louis De Geer, 1st Swedish Prime Minister (d. 1896)
- 1908Lupe Vélez, Mexican actress (d. 1944)
- 1947Steven W. Mahoney, Canadian politician
- 1950Sir Richard Branson, British entrepreneur
- 1965Jim Bob Duggar, Arkansas politician and patriarch of the Duggar family
- 1968Grant Bowler, Australian actor
- 1971Penny Hardaway, American basketball player
- 1971Sarah McLeod, New Zealand actress
- 1977Kelly Reilly, English actress
- 1978Shane Horgan, Irish rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.