July 19: Day of the Week
July 19, 2019 was the 200th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 165 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ellie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1843Brunel’s steamship the SS Great Britain is launched, becoming the first ocean-going craft with an iron hull or screw propeller and also becoming the largest vessel afloat in the world.
- 1864Taiping Rebellion: Third Battle of Nanking – The Qing Dynasty finally defeats the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.
- 1916World War I: Battle of Fromelles – British and Australian troops attack German trenches in a prelude to the Battle of the Somme.
- 1919Following Peace Day celebrations marking the end of World War I, ex-servicemen riot and burn down Luton Town Hall.
- 1940World War II: Army order 112 forms the Intelligence Corps of the British Army.
- 1947Korean politician Yuh Woon-Hyung is assassinated.
- 1947The Prime Minister of the shadow Burmese government, Bogyoke Aung San and 6 of his cabinet and 2 non-cabinet members are assassinated by Galon U Saw.
- 1961Tunisia imposes a blockade on the French naval base at Bizerte; the French would capture the entire town four days later.
- 1976Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal is created.
- 1992Anti-Mafia Judge Paolo Borsellino is killed by a Mafia car bomb in Palermo, Italy together with five police officers.
Who were born on July 19?
- 1744Heinrich Christian Boie, German author (d. 1806)
- 1827Mangal Pandey, Indian freedom fighter (d. 1857)
- 1896A. J. Cronin, Scottish writer (d. 1981)
- 1938Richard Jordan, American actor (d. 1993)
- 1952John Griesheimer, American politician
- 1956Joe Mohen, American internet entrepreneur
- 1965Claus-Dieter Wollitz, German footballer
- 1965Evelyn Glennie, Scottish percussionist
- 1967Stuart Howe, Canadian operatic tenor
- 1971Urs Bühler, Swiss tenor (Il Divo)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.