July 19: Day of the Week
July 19, 2021 is the 200th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 165 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SNIIYMOZM? Check your answers here: Unscramble words SNIIYMOZM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 19 Historical Event(s)
- 64Great Fire of Rome: a fire begins to burn in the merchant area of Rome and soon burns completely out of control. According to a popular, but untrue legend, Nero fiddled as the city burned.
- 1544Italian War of 1542: the first Siege of Boulogne begins.
- 1545The Tudor warship Mary Rose sinks off Portsmouth; in 1982 the wreck is salvaged in one of the most complex and expensive projects in the history of maritime archaeology.
- 1553Lady Jane Grey is replaced by Mary I of England as Queen of England after only nine days of reign.
- 1701Representatives of the Iroquois Confederacy sign the Nanfan Treaty, ceding a large territory north of the Ohio River to England.
- 1832The British Medical Association is founded as the Provincial Medical and Surgical Association by Sir Charles Hastings at a meeting in the Board Room of the Worcester Infirmary.
- 1863American Civil War: Morgan’s Raid – At Buffington Island in Ohio, Confederate General John Hunt Morgan’s raid into the north is mostly thwarted when a large group of his men are captured while trying to escape across the Ohio River.
- 1900The first line of the Paris Métro opens for operation.
- 1940World War II: Battle of Cape Spada – The Royal Navy and the Regia Marina clash; the Italian light cruiser Bartolomeo Colleoni sinks, with 121 casualties.
- 1997The Troubles: The Provisional Irish Republican Army resumes a ceasefire to end their 25-year campaign to end British rule in Northern Ireland.
Who were born on July 19?
- 1860Lizzie Borden, American accused murderer (d. 1927)
- 1896A. J. Cronin, Scottish writer (d. 1981)
- 1898Herbert Marcuse, German-born philosopher (d. 1979)
- 1926Helen Gallagher, American actress
- 1937George Hamilton IV, American country singer
- 1945George Dzundza, American actor
- 1954Srđa Trifković, Serbian-born American journalist
- 1966David Segui, American baseball player
- 1974Malcolm O'Kelly, Irish rugby union footballer
- 1981Didz Hammond, English bass guitarist (Dirty Pretty Things, The Cooper Temple Clause)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.