July 19: Day of the Week
July 19, 2019 was the 200th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 165 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1545The Tudor warship Mary Rose sinks off Portsmouth; in 1982 the wreck is salvaged in one of the most complex and expensive projects in the history of maritime archaeology.
- 1832The British Medical Association is founded as the Provincial Medical and Surgical Association by Sir Charles Hastings at a meeting in the Board Room of the Worcester Infirmary.
- 1900The first line of the Paris Métro opens for operation.
- 1940World War II: Army order 112 forms the Intelligence Corps of the British Army.
- 1947Korean politician Yuh Woon-Hyung is assassinated.
- 1947The Prime Minister of the shadow Burmese government, Bogyoke Aung San and 6 of his cabinet and 2 non-cabinet members are assassinated by Galon U Saw.
- 1979The Sandinista rebels overthrow the government of the Somoza family in Nicaragua.
- 1989United Airlines flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 112 of the 296 passengers.
- 1992Anti-Mafia Judge Paolo Borsellino is killed by a Mafia car bomb in Palermo, Italy together with five police officers.
- 1997The Troubles: The Provisional Irish Republican Army resumes a ceasefire to end their 25-year campaign to end British rule in Northern Ireland.
Who were born on July 19?
- 1937George Hamilton IV, American country singer
- 1946Ilie Năstase, Romanian tennis player
- 1947Hans-Jürgen Kreische, East German footballer
- 1963Garth Nix, Australian fantasy writer
- 1965Claus-Dieter Wollitz, German footballer
- 1973Laurits Munch-Petersen, Danish film director
- 1973Saïd Taghmaoui, French actor
- 1983Helen Skelton, British TV presenter
- 1986Leandro Greco, Italian footballer
- 1987Jon Jones, American mixed martial artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.