July 19: Day of the Week
July 19, 2022 was the 200th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 165 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1553Lady Jane Grey is replaced by Mary I of England as Queen of England after only nine days of reign.
- 1702Great Northern War: A numerically superior Polish-Saxon army of Augustus II the Strong, operating from an advantageous defensive position, is defeated by a Swedish army half its size under the command of King Charles XII in the Battle of Klissow.
- 1848Women’s rights: a two-day Women’s Rights Convention opens in Seneca Falls, New York; there the “Bloomers” are introduced.
- 1864Taiping Rebellion: Third Battle of Nanking – The Qing Dynasty finally defeats the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: France declares war on Prussia.
- 1908Dutch football club Feyenoord was founded
- 1916World War I: Battle of Fromelles – British and Australian troops attack German trenches in a prelude to the Battle of the Somme.
- 1979The Sandinista rebels overthrow the government of the Somoza family in Nicaragua.
- 1983The first three-dimensional reconstruction of a human head in a CT is published.
- 1989United Airlines flight 232 crashes in Sioux City, Iowa killing 112 of the 296 passengers.
Who were born on July 19?
- 1896A. J. Cronin, Scottish writer (d. 1981)
- 1912Norman Carr, British conservationist (d. 1997)
- 1924Pat Hingle, American actor (d. 2009)
- 1932Buster Benton, blues singer & guitarist
- 1954Srđa Trifković, Serbian-born American journalist
- 1961Campbell Scott, American actor
- 1961Hideo Nakata, Japanese film director
- 1974Rey Bucanero, Mexican professional wrestler
- 1980Xavier Malisse, Belgian tennis player
- 1982Jared Padalecki, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.