July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2020 is the 184th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jada’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 437Emperor Valentinian III, begins his reign over the Western Roman Empire. His mother Galla Placidia ends her regency, but continues to exercise political influence at the court in Rome.
- 626Li Shimin, the future Emperor Taizong of Tang, Emperor of China, ambushes and kills his rival brothers Li Yuanji and Li Jiancheng in the Incident at Xuanwu Gate.
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1777Vermont becomes the first American territory to abolish slavery.
- 1853The Russian Army crossed the Pruth river into the Danubian Principalities, Moldavia and Wallachia—providing the spark that set off the Crimean War.
- 1871Victor Emmanuel II of Italy enters Rome after having conquered it from the Papal States.
- 1897Italian scientist Guglielmo Marconi obtains a patent for radio in London.
- 1900The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 1966The French military explodes a nuclear test bomb codenamed Aldébaran in Mururoa, their first nuclear test in the Pacific.
- 2002Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly solo around the world nonstop in a balloon.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1914Frederick Fennell, American conductor (d. 2004)
- 1955Andrew Divoff, Venezuelan actor
- 1961Michael Lindsay, American voice actor
- 1970Yancy Butler, American actress
- 1971Bryan Redpath, Scottish rugby player
- 1974Tim Christensen, Danish singer and multi-instrumentalist (Dizzy Mizz Lizzy)
- 1978Jüri Ratas, Estonian politician
- 1983Michelle Branch, American singer (The Wreckers)
- 1984Thomas Kortegaard, Danish footballer
- 1989Dev, American singer and recording artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.