July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2022 is the 183rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IREUFANMH? Check your answers here: Word search IREUFANMH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 706In China, Emperor Zhongzong of Tang inters the bodies of relatives in the Qianling Mausoleum, located on Mount Liang outside Chang'an.
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1698Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
- 1871Victor Emmanuel II of Italy enters Rome after having conquered it from the Papal States.
- 1962The first Wal-Mart store opens for business in Rogers, Arkansas.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1964 meant to prohibit segregation in public places.
- 1966The French military explodes a nuclear test bomb codenamed Aldébaran in Mururoa, their first nuclear test in the Pacific.
- 1976Fall of the Republic of Vietnam; Communist North Vietnam declares their union to form the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- 2002Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly solo around the world nonstop in a balloon.
- 2010The South Kivu tank truck explosion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 230 people.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1906Hans Bethe, German-born nuclear physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2005)
- 1949Roy Bittan, American keyboardist (E Street Band)
- 1960Terry Rossio, American screenwriter
- 1974Moon So-ri, South Korean actress
- 1978Julie Night, American pornographic actress
- 1979Diana Gurtskaya, Georgian singer
- 1985Chad Henne, American football player
- 1986Lindsay Lohan, American actress
- 1987Ruslana Korshunova, Kazakh model (d. 2008)
- 1988Lee Chung-Yong, South Korean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.