July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2020 was the 184th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EWXNENAIOS? Check your answers here: Word scramble EWXNENAIOS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 963The imperial army proclaims Nicephorus Phocas Emperor of the Romans on the plains outside Cappadocian Caesarea.
- 1613The first English expedition from Massachusetts against Acadia led by Samuel Argall takes place.
- 1679Europeans first visit Minnesota and see headwaters of Mississippi in an expedition led by Daniel Greysolon de Du Luth.
- 1776The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.
- 1853The Russian Army crossed the Pruth river into the Danubian Principalities, Moldavia and Wallachia—providing the spark that set off the Crimean War.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1937Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan are last heard from over the Pacific Ocean while attempting to make the first equatorial round-the-world flight.
- 1940Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- 2000Vicente Fox Quesada is elected the first President of México from an opposition party, the Partido Acción Nacional, after more than 70 years of continuous rule by the Partido Revolucionario Institucional.
- 2010The South Kivu tank truck explosion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 230 people.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1724Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock, German poet (d. 1803)
- 1939Alexandros Panagoulis, Greek politician and poet
- 1955Andrew Divoff, Venezuelan actor
- 1970Steve Morrow, Irish footballer
- 1972Darren Shan, Irish children’s author
- 1975Éric Dazé, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1975Erik Ohlsson, Swedish guitarist (Millencolin)
- 1979Diana Gurtskaya, Georgian singer
- 1981Carlos Rogers, American football player
- 1990Danny Rose, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.