July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2018 was the 183rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 437Emperor Valentinian III, begins his reign over the Western Roman Empire. His mother Galla Placidia ends her regency, but continues to exercise political influence at the court in Rome.
- 1644English Civil War: Battle of Marston Moor.
- 1679Europeans first visit Minnesota and see headwaters of Mississippi in an expedition led by Daniel Greysolon de Du Luth.
- 1776The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.
- 1823Bahia Independence Day: the end of Portuguese rule in Brazil, with the final defeat of the Portuguese crown loyalists in the province of Bahia.
- 1839Twenty miles off the coast of Cuba, 53 rebelling African slaves led by Joseph Cinqué take over the slave ship Amistad.
- 1890The U.S. Congress passes the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
- 1986Rodrigo Rojas and Carmen Gloria Quintana where burnt alive during a street demonstration against the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet in Chile.
- 2001The AbioCor self contained artificial heart is first implanted.
- 2002Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly solo around the world nonstop in a balloon.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1914Mário Schenberg, Brazilian physicist (d. 1990)
- 1946Richard Axel, American neuroscientist, Nobel laureate
- 1949Robert Paquette, French-Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1949Roy Bittan, American keyboardist (E Street Band)
- 1951Michele Santoro, Italian TV journalist
- 1955Kevin Michael Grace, Canadian journalist
- 1974Sean Casey, American baseball player
- 1983Sammy J, Australian comedian
- 1984Thomas Kortegaard, Danish footballer
- 1985Jurgen Roelandts, Belgian cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.