July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2019 was the 183rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1555The Ottoman Admiral Turgut Reis sacks the Italian city of Paola.
- 1613The first English expedition from Massachusetts against Acadia led by Samuel Argall takes place.
- 1679Europeans first visit Minnesota and see headwaters of Mississippi in an expedition led by Daniel Greysolon de Du Luth.
- 1698Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
- 1776The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.
- 1881Charles J. Guiteau shoots and fatally wounds U.S. President James Garfield, who eventually dies from an infection on September 19.
- 1900The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1950The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- 199337 participants in an Alevi cultural and literary festival are killed when a mob of demonstrators set fire to their hotel in Sivas during a violent protest.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1698Francesco III d'Este, Duke of Modena (d. 1780)
- 1820George Law Curry, American newspaper publisher and 5th and 7th Governor of the Oregon Territory (d. 1878)
- 1862William Henry Bragg, English physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1942)
- 1903King Olav V of Norway (d. 1991)
- 1937Polly Holliday, American actress
- 1953Tony Armas, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1956Jerry Hall, American actress
- 1964Andrea Yates, American murderer
- 1979Sam Hornish, Jr., American race car driver
- 1984Johnny Weir, American figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.