July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2019 is the 183rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 706In China, Emperor Zhongzong of Tang inters the bodies of relatives in the Qianling Mausoleum, located on Mount Liang outside Chang'an.
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1644English Civil War: Battle of Marston Moor.
- 1698Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
- 1823Bahia Independence Day: the end of Portuguese rule in Brazil, with the final defeat of the Portuguese crown loyalists in the province of Bahia.
- 1881Charles J. Guiteau shoots and fatally wounds U.S. President James Garfield, who eventually dies from an infection on September 19.
- 1900The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 1917The East St. Louis Riots end.
- 1950The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- 199337 participants in an Alevi cultural and literary festival are killed when a mob of demonstrators set fire to their hotel in Sivas during a violent protest.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1849Maria Theresa of Austria-Este, Czech-born Queen consort of Bavaria (d. 1919)
- 1906Christos Tsaganeas, Greek actor (d. 1976)
- 1925Medgar Evers, American civil rights activist (d. 1963)
- 1949Roy Bittan, American keyboardist (E Street Band)
- 1953Mark Hart, American multi-instrumentalist (Crowded House, Supertramp)
- 1963Mark Kermode, British film critic
- 1976Tomáš Vokoun, Czech ice hockey player
- 1983Sammy J, Australian comedian
- 1985Rhett Bomar, American football player
- 1988Lee Chung-Yong, South Korean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.