July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2019 was the 183rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sergio’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1679Europeans first visit Minnesota and see headwaters of Mississippi in an expedition led by Daniel Greysolon de Du Luth.
- 1823Bahia Independence Day: the end of Portuguese rule in Brazil, with the final defeat of the Portuguese crown loyalists in the province of Bahia.
- 1853The Russian Army crossed the Pruth river into the Danubian Principalities, Moldavia and Wallachia—providing the spark that set off the Crimean War.
- 1871Victor Emmanuel II of Italy enters Rome after having conquered it from the Papal States.
- 1881Charles J. Guiteau shoots and fatally wounds U.S. President James Garfield, who eventually dies from an infection on September 19.
- 1890The U.S. Congress passes the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
- 1900The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 2001The AbioCor self contained artificial heart is first implanted.
- 2010The South Kivu tank truck explosion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 230 people.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1698Francesco III d'Este, Duke of Modena (d. 1780)
- 1908Thurgood Marshall, American Supreme Court Justice (d. 1993)
- 1947Larry David, American television producer
- 1955Kevin Michael Grace, Canadian journalist
- 1957Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Canadian pro wrestler
- 1963Mark Kermode, British film critic
- 1975Éric Dazé, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1981Angel Pagán, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1984Vanessa Lee Chester, American actress
- 1985Corey Bringas, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.