July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2021 was the 183rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IOXFMUYOI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IOXFMUYOI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 437Emperor Valentinian III, begins his reign over the Western Roman Empire. His mother Galla Placidia ends her regency, but continues to exercise political influence at the court in Rome.
- 1777Vermont becomes the first American territory to abolish slavery.
- 1853The Russian Army crossed the Pruth river into the Danubian Principalities, Moldavia and Wallachia—providing the spark that set off the Crimean War.
- 1881Charles J. Guiteau shoots and fatally wounds U.S. President James Garfield, who eventually dies from an infection on September 19.
- 1917The East St. Louis Riots end.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1940Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- 1950The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1964 meant to prohibit segregation in public places.
- 1976Fall of the Republic of Vietnam; Communist North Vietnam declares their union to form the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1492Elizabeth Tudor, English princess (d. 1495)
- 1667Pietro Ottoboni, Italian cardinal (d. 1740)
- 1929Imelda Marcos, Filipino First Lady, wife of Ferdinand Marcos
- 1937Polly Holliday, American actress
- 1969Tim Rodber, England rugby player
- 1970Steve Morrow, Irish footballer
- 1974Moon So-ri, South Korean actress
- 1976Tomáš Vokoun, Czech ice hockey player
- 1986Brett Cecil, American baseball player
- 1989Dev, American singer and recording artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.