July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2021 is the 183rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OPIXWIHO? Check your answers here: Word scramble OPIXWIHO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 706In China, Emperor Zhongzong of Tang inters the bodies of relatives in the Qianling Mausoleum, located on Mount Liang outside Chang'an.
- 1555The Ottoman Admiral Turgut Reis sacks the Italian city of Paola.
- 1561Menas, Emperor of Ethiopia, defeats a revolt in Emfraz.
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1823Bahia Independence Day: the end of Portuguese rule in Brazil, with the final defeat of the Portuguese crown loyalists in the province of Bahia.
- 1917The East St. Louis Riots end.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1964U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1964 meant to prohibit segregation in public places.
- 199337 participants in an Alevi cultural and literary festival are killed when a mob of demonstrators set fire to their hotel in Sivas during a violent protest.
- 2010The South Kivu tank truck explosion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 230 people.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1906Christos Tsaganeas, Greek actor (d. 1976)
- 1919Jean Craighead George, American writer
- 1925Patrice Lumumba, 1st democratically elected Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (d. 1961)
- 1939John H. Sununu, White House Chief of Staff under George HW Bush
- 1961Samy Naceri, French actor
- 1964Charles Robinson, American wrestling referee
- 1964José Canseco, Cuban-born American baseball player
- 1981Aaron Voros, Canadian hockey player
- 1981Carlos Rogers, American football player
- 1983Michelle Branch, American singer (The Wreckers)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.