July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2020 was the 184th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Logan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 437Emperor Valentinian III, begins his reign over the Western Roman Empire. His mother Galla Placidia ends her regency, but continues to exercise political influence at the court in Rome.
- 1555The Ottoman Admiral Turgut Reis sacks the Italian city of Paola.
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1776The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.
- 1881Charles J. Guiteau shoots and fatally wounds U.S. President James Garfield, who eventually dies from an infection on September 19.
- 1890The U.S. Congress passes the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1940Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- 1950The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
- 1962The first Wal-Mart store opens for business in Rogers, Arkansas.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1893Ralph Hancock, Welsh garden designer (Rockefeller Center) (d. 1950)
- 1903Alec Douglas-Home, 66th Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1995)
- 1908Thurgood Marshall, American Supreme Court Justice (d. 1993)
- 1939Alexandros Panagoulis, Greek politician and poet
- 1949Hanno Pöschl, Austrian actor
- 1956Jerry Hall, American actress
- 1964Andrea Yates, American murderer
- 1974Sean Casey, American baseball player
- 1981Aaron Voros, Canadian hockey player
- 1984Thomas Kortegaard, Danish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.