July 2: Day of the Week
July 2, 2020 is the 184th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mateo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 2: This Day in History
This day is the midpoint of a common year because there are 182 days before and 182 days after (median of the year) in common years, and 183 before and 182 after in leap years. The exact time in the middle of the year is at noon, or 12:00 p.m. In the UK and other countries that use “Summer Time” the actual exact time of the mid point in a common year is at 1:00 p.m. this is when 182 days and 12 hours have elapsed and there are 182 days and 12 hours remaining. This is due to Summer Time having advanced the time by one hour. It falls on the same day of the week as New Year’s Day in common years.
July 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1582Battle of Yamazaki: Toyotomi Hideyoshi defeats Akechi Mitsuhide.
- 1871Victor Emmanuel II of Italy enters Rome after having conquered it from the Papal States.
- 1900The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.
- 1934The Night of the Long Knives ends with the death of Ernst Röhm.
- 1940Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- 1962The first Wal-Mart store opens for business in Rogers, Arkansas.
- 1966The French military explodes a nuclear test bomb codenamed Aldébaran in Mururoa, their first nuclear test in the Pacific.
- 1986Rodrigo Rojas and Carmen Gloria Quintana where burnt alive during a street demonstration against the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet in Chile.
- 199337 participants in an Alevi cultural and literary festival are killed when a mob of demonstrators set fire to their hotel in Sivas during a violent protest.
- 2010The South Kivu tank truck explosion in the Democratic Republic of the Congo kills at least 230 people.
Who were born on July 2?
- 1363Maria, Queen of Sicily and Duchess of Athens (d. 1401)
- 1908Thurgood Marshall, American Supreme Court Justice (d. 1993)
- 1946Richard Axel, American neuroscientist, Nobel laureate
- 1946Ron Silver, American actor (d. 2009)
- 1949Hanno Pöschl, Austrian actor
- 1975Éric Dazé, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1981Angel Pagán, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1984Vanessa Lee Chester, American actress
- 1986Brett Cecil, American baseball player
- 1986Lindsay Lohan, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.