July 20: Day of the Week
July 20, 2021 is the 201st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 164 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZEVRSTEBWOUH? Check your answers here: Word finder ZEVRSTEBWOUH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1304Wars of Scottish Independence: Fall of Stirling Castle – King Edward I of England takes the stronghold using the War Wolf.
- 1810Citizens of Bogotá, New Granada declare independence from Spain.
- 1885The Football Association legalizes professionalism in football under pressure from the British Football Association.
- 1932In Washington, D.C., police fire tear gas on World War I veterans, part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force, who attempt to march to the White House.
- 1940California opens its first freeway, the Arroyo Seco Parkway.
- 1941Soviet leader Joseph Stalin consolidates the Commissariats of Home Affairs and National Security to form the NKVD and names Lavrenti Beria its chief.
- 1960The Polaris missile is successfully launched from a submarine, the USS George Washington, for the first time.
- 1974Turkish occupation of Cyprus: Forces from Turkey invade Cyprus after a coup d'etat, organised by the dictator of Greece, against president Makarios.
- 1980The United Nations Security Council votes 14-0 that member states should not recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
- 1999Falun Gong is banned in the People’s Republic of China, and a large scale crackdown of the practice is launched.
Who were born on July 20?
- 1876Otto Blumenthal, German mathematician (d. 1944)
- 1920Elliot Richardson, American politician (d. 1999)
- 1925Frantz Fanon, West Indian psychiatrist and writer (d. 1961)
- 1930Chuck Daly, American basketball coach (d. 2009)
- 1945Kim Carnes, American singer and songwriter
- 1947Carlos Santana, Mexican-born American guitarist
- 1953Dave Evans, Australian singer (AC/DC)
- 1956Paul Cook, English musician (The Sex Pistols)
- 1971Sandra Oh, Korean Canadian actress
- 1977Kiki Musampa, Congolese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.