July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2018 was the 202nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 230Pope Pontian succeeds Urban I as the eighteenth pope.
- 1831Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
- 1873At Adair, Iowa, Jesse James and the James-Younger Gang pull off the first successful train robbery in the American Old West.
- 1949The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- 1954First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- 1961Mercury program: Mercury-Redstone 4 Mission – Gus Grissom piloting Liberty Bell 7 becomes the second American to go into space (in a suborbital mission).
- 1969Space Race: Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin become the first humans to walk on the Moon, during the Apollo 11 mission (July 20 in North America).
- 1973In the Lillehammer affair in Norway, Israeli Mossad agents kill a waiter whom they mistakenly thought was involved in the 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre.
- 1977The start of the four day long Libyan-Egyptian War.
- 2005Four terrorist bombings, occurring exactly two weeks after the similar July 7 bombings, target London’s public transportation system. All four bombs fail to detonate and all four suspected suicide bombers are captured and later convicted and imprisoned for long terms.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1810Henri Victor Regnault, French chemist (d. 1878)
- 1880Milan Rastislav Štefánik, Slovak politician and astronomer (d. 1919)
- 1938Anton Kuerti, Canadian pianist, composer and conductor
- 1946Kenneth Starr, American lawyer
- 1950Ubaldo Fillol, Argentinian footballer
- 1953Jeff Fatt, Chinese-Australian actor
- 1955Henry Priestman, British keyboardist and singer
- 1981Anabelle Langlois, Canadian figure skater
- 1984Liam Ridgewell, English footballer
- 1992Rachael Flatt, American figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.