July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2022 was the 202nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 230Pope Pontian succeeds Urban I as the eighteenth pope.
- 285Diocletian appoints Maximian as Caesar and co-ruler.
- 365A tsunami devastates the city of Alexandria, Egypt. The tsunami was caused by the Crete earthquake estimated to be 8.0 on the Richter Scale. 5,000 people perished in Alexandria, and 45,000 more died outside the city.
- 1545The first landing of French troops on the coast of the Isle of Wight during the French invasion of the Isle of Wight.
- 1861American Civil War: First Battle of Bull Run – at Manassas Junction, Virginia, the first major battle of the war begins and ends in a victory for the Confederate army.
- 1877After rioting by Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers and the deaths of nine rail workers at the hands of the Maryland militia, workers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania stage a sympathy strike that is met with an assault by the state militia.
- 1914The Crown council of Romania decides the country shall remain neutral in World War I
- 1918SMU U-156 shells Nauset Beach, in Orleans, Massachusetts.
- 1949The United States Senate ratifies the North Atlantic Treaty.
- 2001At the conclusion of a fireworks display on Okura Beach in Akashi, Hyōgo, Japan, 11 people are killed and more than 120 are injured when a pedestrian footbridge connecting the beach to JR Asagiri railway station becomes overcrowded and people leaving the event fall down in a domino effect.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1899Ernest Hemingway, American writer, Nobel laureate (d. 1961)
- 1926Rahimuddin Khan, Pakistani general
- 1929Bob Orton Sr., American wrestler (d. 2006)
- 1935Norbert Blüm, German politician
- 1951Robin Williams, American comedian/actor
- 1960Lance Guest, American actor
- 1975Ravindra Pushpakumara, Sri Lankan cricketer
- 1981Joaquín Sánchez, Spanish footballer
- 1981Yushin Okami, Japanese mixed martial artist
- 1984Liam Ridgewell, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.