July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2022 is the 202nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jennifer’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1403Battle of Shrewsbury: King Henry IV of England defeats rebels to the north of the county town of Shropshire, England.
- 1831Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
- 1861American Civil War: First Battle of Bull Run – at Manassas Junction, Virginia, the first major battle of the war begins and ends in a victory for the Confederate army.
- 1873At Adair, Iowa, Jesse James and the James-Younger Gang pull off the first successful train robbery in the American Old West.
- 1877After rioting by Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers and the deaths of nine rail workers at the hands of the Maryland militia, workers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania stage a sympathy strike that is met with an assault by the state militia.
- 1914The Crown council of Romania decides the country shall remain neutral in World War I
- 1925Sir Malcolm Campbell becomes the first man to break the 150 mph land barrier at Pendine Sands in Wales. He drove a Sunbeam at a two-way average speed of 150.33 mph.
- 1959Elijah Jerry “Pumpsie” Green becomes the first African-American to play for the Boston Red Sox, the last team to integrate. He came in as a pinch runner for Vic Wertz and stayed in as shortstop in a 2-1 loss to the Chicago White Sox.
- 1972Bloody Friday bombings by the Provisional IRA around Belfast, Northern Ireland – 22 bombs are detonated, killing 9 and seriously injuring 130.
- 1995Third Taiwan Strait Crisis: The People’s Liberation Army begins firing missiles into the waters north of Taiwan.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1898Sara Carter, Carter Family vocalist/guitarist (d. 1979)
- 1926Paul Burke, American actor (d. 2009)
- 1942Kim Fowley, American songwriter, musician, manager, and record producer
- 1947Chetan Chauhan, Former Indian cricketer
- 1965Mike Bordick, American baseball player
- 1969Godfrey, American comedian
- 1970Shawn Stasiak, American professional wrestler
- 1978Gary Teale, Scottish footballer
- 1985Paloma Faith, British singer
- 1989Chelsie Hightower, American professional dancer (Dancing with the Stars, former So You Think You Can Dance contestant)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.