July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2023 is the 202nd day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GIEFLNE? Check your answers here: Word finder GIEFLNE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 285Diocletian appoints Maximian as Caesar and co-ruler.
- 1831Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
- 1861American Civil War: First Battle of Bull Run – at Manassas Junction, Virginia, the first major battle of the war begins and ends in a victory for the Confederate army.
- 1925Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, high school biology teacher John T. Scopes is found guilty of teaching evolution in class and fined $100.
- 1954First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- 1973In the Lillehammer affair in Norway, Israeli Mossad agents kill a waiter whom they mistakenly thought was involved in the 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre.
- 1995Third Taiwan Strait Crisis: The People’s Liberation Army begins firing missiles into the waters north of Taiwan.
- 2001At the conclusion of a fireworks display on Okura Beach in Akashi, Hyōgo, Japan, 11 people are killed and more than 120 are injured when a pedestrian footbridge connecting the beach to JR Asagiri railway station becomes overcrowded and people leaving the event fall down in a domino effect.
- 2005Four terrorist bombings, occurring exactly two weeks after the similar July 7 bombings, target London’s public transportation system. All four bombs fail to detonate and all four suspected suicide bombers are captured and later convicted and imprisoned for long terms.
- 2011NASA’s Space Shuttle program ends with the landing of Space Shuttle Atlantis on mission STS-135.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1664Matthew Prior, English poet and diplomat (d. 1721)
- 1920Constance Dowling, American actress (d. 1969)
- 1948Teruzane Utada, Japanese music record producer and manager
- 1963Paulo Silva, Brazilian mixed martial artist
- 1968Brandi Chastain, American soccer player
- 1969Klaus Graf, German racing driver
- 1971Emmanuel Bangué, French long jumper
- 1972Shinjiro Otani, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1985Vanessa Lengies, Canadian actress
- 1989Chris Gunter, Welsh footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.