July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2019 is the 202nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1718The Treaty of Passarowitz between the Ottoman Empire, Austria and the Republic of Venice is signed.
- 1831Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
- 1904Louis Rigolly, a Frenchman, becomes the first man to break the 100 mph barrier on land. He drove a 15-liter Gobron-Brille in Ostend, Belgium.
- 1918SMU U-156 shells Nauset Beach, in Orleans, Massachusetts.
- 1925Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, high school biology teacher John T. Scopes is found guilty of teaching evolution in class and fined $100.
- 1970After 11 years of construction, the Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- 1973In the Lillehammer affair in Norway, Israeli Mossad agents kill a waiter whom they mistakenly thought was involved in the 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre.
- 1976Christopher Ewart-Biggs British ambassador to the Republic of Ireland is assassinated by the Provisional IRA.
- 1983The world’s lowest temperature is recorded at Vostok Station, Antarctica at -89.2 °C.
- 2001At the conclusion of a fireworks display on Okura Beach in Akashi, Hyōgo, Japan, 11 people are killed and more than 120 are injured when a pedestrian footbridge connecting the beach to JR Asagiri railway station becomes overcrowded and people leaving the event fall down in a domino effect.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1808Simion Bărnuţiu, Romanian philosopher and politician (d. 1864)
- 1929Bob Orton Sr., American wrestler (d. 2006)
- 1948Art Hindle, Canadian actor
- 1948Snooty, the oldest known Florida manatee
- 1955Henry Priestman, British keyboardist and singer
- 1963Kevin Poole, English footballer
- 1968Lyle Odelein, Canadian hockey player
- 1974Geoff Jenkins, American baseball player
- 1975Cara Dillon, Irish folk singer
- 1989Jamie Waylett, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.