July 21: Day of the Week
July 21, 2019 is the 202nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 163 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 21 Historical Event(s)
- 285Diocletian appoints Maximian as Caesar and co-ruler.
- 1545The first landing of French troops on the coast of the Isle of Wight during the French invasion of the Isle of Wight.
- 1861American Civil War: First Battle of Bull Run – at Manassas Junction, Virginia, the first major battle of the war begins and ends in a victory for the Confederate army.
- 1865In the market square of Springfield, Missouri, Wild Bill Hickok shoots and kills Davis Tutt in what is regarded as the first western showdown.
- 1877After rioting by Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers and the deaths of nine rail workers at the hands of the Maryland militia, workers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania stage a sympathy strike that is met with an assault by the state militia.
- 1904Louis Rigolly, a Frenchman, becomes the first man to break the 100 mph barrier on land. He drove a 15-liter Gobron-Brille in Ostend, Belgium.
- 1914The Crown council of Romania decides the country shall remain neutral in World War I
- 1919The dirigible Wingfoot Air Express crashes into the Illinois Trust and Savings Building in Chicago, killing 12 people.
- 1970After 11 years of construction, the Aswan High Dam in Egypt is completed.
- 1977The start of the four day long Libyan-Egyptian War.
Who were born on July 21?
- 1920Constance Dowling, American actress (d. 1969)
- 1933John Gardner, American author (d. 1982)
- 1945Lydia Shum, Hong Kong comedian and actress (d. 2008)
- 1946Kenneth Starr, American lawyer
- 1952John Barrasso, American politician
- 1955Howie Epstein, American musician (d. 2003)
- 1968Brandi Chastain, American soccer player
- 1969Godfrey, American comedian
- 1971Emmanuel Bangué, French long jumper
- 1984Jurrick Juliana, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.