July 22: Day of the Week
July 22, 2019 was the 203rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 162 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melvin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 22 Historical Event(s)
- 838Battle of Anzen: the Byzantine emperor Theophilos suffers a heavy defeat by the Abbasids.
- 1298Wars of Scottish Independence: Battle of Falkirk – King Edward I of England and his longbowmen defeat William Wallace and his Scottish schiltrons outside the town of Falkirk.
- 1686Albany, New York is formally chartered as a municipality by Governor Thomas Dongan.
- 1706The Acts of Union 1707 are agreed upon by commissioners from the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland, which, when passed by each countries’ Parliaments, lead to the creation of the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1793Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Pacific Ocean becoming the first Euro-American to complete a transcontinental crossing of Canada.
- 1797Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife: Battle between Spanish and British naval forces during the French Revolutionary Wars. During the Battle, Rear-Admiral Nelson is wounded in the arm and the arm had to be partially amputated.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Peninsular War – Battle of Salamanca – British forces led by Arthur Wellesley (later the Duke of Wellington) defeat French troops near Salamanca, Spain.
- 1933Wiley Post becomes the first person to fly solo around the world traveling 15596 mi in 7 days, 18 hours and 45 minutes.
- 1946King David Hotel bombing: a Zionist underground organisation, the Irgun, bombs the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, site of the civil administration and military headquarters for Mandate Palestine, resulting in 91 deaths.
- 2011Norway is the victim of twin terror attacks, the first being a bomb blast which targeted government buildings in central Oslo, the second being a massacre at a youth camp on the island of Utøya.
Who were born on July 22?
- 1863Alec Hearne, English cricketer (d. 1952)
- 1890Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy, American Kennedy family matriarch (d. 1995)
- 1892Jack MacBryan, English cricketer and field hockey player (d. 1983)
- 1898Alexander Calder, American sculptor and inventor (d. 1976)
- 1922Orson Bean, American actor
- 1954Al Di Meola, American guitarist
- 1967Irene Bedard, American actress
- 1972Keyshawn Johnson, American football player
- 1977Ezio Galon, Italian rugby player
- 1979James Mason, British professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.