July 22: Day of the Week
July 22, 2020 is the 204th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 162 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cora’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1484Battle of Lochmaben Fair – A 500-man raiding party led by Alexander Stewart, Duke of Albany and James Douglas, 9th Earl of Douglas are defeated by Scots forces loyal to Albany’s brother James III of Scotland; Douglas is captured.
- 1797Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife: Battle between Spanish and British naval forces during the French Revolutionary Wars. During the Battle, Rear-Admiral Nelson is wounded in the arm and the arm had to be partially amputated.
- 1894The first ever motorized racing event is held in France between the cities of Paris and Rouen. The race is won by Comte Jules-Albert de Dion.
- 1933Wiley Post becomes the first person to fly solo around the world traveling 15596 mi in 7 days, 18 hours and 45 minutes.
- 1942The United States government begins compulsory civilian gasoline rationing due to the wartime demands.
- 1951Dezik (Дезик) and Tsygan (Цыган, “Gypsy”) are the first dogs to make a sub-orbital flight.
- 1976Japan completes its last reparation to the Philippines for war crimes committed during the imperial Japan’s conquest of the country in the Second World War
- 1991Jeffrey Dahmer is arrested in Milwaukee after police discover human remains in his apartment.
- 2002Israel kills Salah Shahade, the Commander-in-Chief of Hamas’s military arm, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.
- 2003Members of 101st Airborne of the United States, aided by Special Forces, attack a compound in Iraq, killing Saddam Hussein’s sons Uday and Qusay, along with Mustapha Hussein, Qusay’s 14-year old son, and a bodyguard.
Who were born on July 22?
- 1944Anand Satyanand, New Zealander politician
- 1944Dennis Firestone, Australian racing driver
- 1949Emir Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai
- 1951Patriarch Daniel of Romania, Head of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- 1954Steve LaTourette, American politician
- 1963Rob Estes, American actor
- 1964John Leguizamo, Colombian actor
- 1978Martyn Lee, English radio presenter
- 1983Arsenie Todiraş, Moldovan singer (O-Zone)
- 1985Takudzwa Ngwenya, Zimbabwean-born American rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.