July 22: Day of the Week
July 22, 2022 is the 203rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 162 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WYIYPOIOTR? Check your answers here: Word scramble WYIYPOIOTR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 22 Historical Event(s)
- 838Battle of Anzen: the Byzantine emperor Theophilos suffers a heavy defeat by the Abbasids.
- 1298Wars of Scottish Independence: Battle of Falkirk – King Edward I of England and his longbowmen defeat William Wallace and his Scottish schiltrons outside the town of Falkirk.
- 1587Colony of Roanoke: a second group of English settlers arrives on Roanoke Island off North Carolina to re-establish the deserted colony.
- 1706The Acts of Union 1707 are agreed upon by commissioners from the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland, which, when passed by each countries’ Parliaments, lead to the creation of the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1797Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife: Battle between Spanish and British naval forces during the French Revolutionary Wars. During the Battle, Rear-Admiral Nelson is wounded in the arm and the arm had to be partially amputated.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Atlanta – outside Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate General John Bell Hood leads an unsuccessful attack on Union troops under General William T. Sherman on Bald Hill.
- 1894The first ever motorized racing event is held in France between the cities of Paris and Rouen. The race is won by Comte Jules-Albert de Dion.
- 1942Holocaust: the systematic deportation of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto begins.
- 1992Near Medellín, Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar escapes from his luxury prison fearing extradition to the United States.
- 1993Great Flood of 1993: levees near Kaskaskia, Illinois rupture, forcing the entire town to evacuate by barges operated by the Army Corps of Engineers.
Who were born on July 22?
- 1711Georg Wilhelm Richmann, Russian physicist (d. 1753)
- 1844William Archibald Spooner, English priest and scholar (d. 1930)
- 1848Adolf Friedrich V, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (d. 1914)
- 1849Emma Lazarus, American poet (d. 1887)
- 1863Alec Hearne, English cricketer (d. 1952)
- 1893Karl Menninger, American psychiatrist (d. 1990)
- 1937Vasant Ranjane, Indian cricketer
- 1940Alex Trebek, Canadian game show host
- 1982Nuwan Kulasekara, Sri Lankan cricketer
- 1987Charlotte Kalla, Swedish cross-country skier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.