July 22: Day of the Week
July 22, 2021 was the 203rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 162 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SVEASIQMREPOJ? Check your answers here: Word search SVEASIQMREPOJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1499Battle of Dornach – The Swiss decisively defeat the Imperial army of Emperor Maximilian I.
- 1587Colony of Roanoke: a second group of English settlers arrives on Roanoke Island off North Carolina to re-establish the deserted colony.
- 1686Albany, New York is formally chartered as a municipality by Governor Thomas Dongan.
- 1797Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife: Battle between Spanish and British naval forces during the French Revolutionary Wars. During the Battle, Rear-Admiral Nelson is wounded in the arm and the arm had to be partially amputated.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Atlanta – outside Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate General John Bell Hood leads an unsuccessful attack on Union troops under General William T. Sherman on Bald Hill.
- 1894The first ever motorized racing event is held in France between the cities of Paris and Rouen. The race is won by Comte Jules-Albert de Dion.
- 1916In San Francisco, California, a bomb explodes on Market Street during a Preparedness Day parade killing 10 and injuring 40.
- 1962Mariner program: Mariner 1 spacecraft flies erratically several minutes after launch and has to be destroyed.
- 1993Great Flood of 1993: levees near Kaskaskia, Illinois rupture, forcing the entire town to evacuate by barges operated by the Army Corps of Engineers.
- 2002Israel kills Salah Shahade, the Commander-in-Chief of Hamas’s military arm, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.
Who were born on July 22?
- 1889James Whale, English film director (d. 1957)
- 1923The Fabulous Moolah, American professional wrestler (d. 2007)
- 1937Chuck Jackson, R&B singer
- 1944Rick Davies, British keyboardist (Supertramp)
- 1954Steve LaTourette, American politician
- 1965Shawn Michaels, American professional wrestler
- 1980Scott Dixon, New Zealand racing driver
- 1983Arsenie Todiraş, Moldovan singer (O-Zone)
- 1991Matthew James, English footballer
- 1997Field Cate, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.