July 23: Day of the Week
July 23, 2019 is the 204th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 161 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1793Prussia re-conquers Mainz from France.
- 1829In the United States, William Austin Burt patents the typographer, a precursor to the typewriter.
- 1881The Boundary treaty of 1881 between Chile and Argentina is signed in Buenos Aires.
- 1903The Ford Motor Company sells its first car.
- 196712th Street Riot: in Detroit, Michigan, one of the worst riots in United States history begins on 12th Street in the predominantly African American inner city. It will leave 43 killed, 342 injured and 1,400 buildings burned.
- 1968The only successful hijacking of an El Al aircraft takes place when a Boeing 707 carrying 10 crew and 38 passengers is taken over by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The aircraft was en route from Rome, Italy, to Lod, Israel.
- 1972The United States launch Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
- 1982The International Whaling Commission decides to end commercial whaling by 1985-86.
- 1983Gimli Glider: Air Canada Flight 143 runs out of fuel and makes a deadstick landing at Gimli, Manitoba.
- 1999Crown Prince Mohammed Ben Al-Hassan is crowned King Mohammed VI of Morocco on the death of his father.
Who were born on July 23?
- 1885Georges V. Matchabelli, Georgian-born American perfumer (d. 1935)
- 1894Arthur Treacher, English character actor (d. 1975)
- 1909John William Finn, American WWII Medal of Honor recieptant (d. 2010)
- 1914Virgil Finlay, American horror illustrator (d. 1971)
- 1921Calvert DeForest, American actor (d. 2007)
- 1933Benedict Groeschel, American Roman Catholic priest
- 1968Stephanie Seymour, American supermodel
- 1971Joel Stein, American journalist
- 1979Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Greek footballer
- 1982Zanjoe Marudo, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.