July 23: Day of the Week
July 23, 2019 was the 204th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 161 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Heidi’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1677Scanian War: Denmark–Norway captures the harbor town of Marstrand from Sweden.
- 1821While Mora Rebellion continuing, Greeks captured Monemvasia Castle and massacred nearly 3000 Turkish inhabitants.
- 1874Aires de Ornelas e Vasconcelos is appointed the Archbishop of the Portuguese colonial enclave of Goa.
- 1926Fox Film buys the patents of the Movietone sound system for recording sound onto film.
- 1927The first station of the Indian Broadcasting Company goes on the air in Bombay.
- 1942The Holocaust: the Treblinka extermination camp is opened.
- 1961The Sandinista National Liberation Front is founded in Nicaragua.
- 1968Glenville Shootout: in Cleveland, Ohio, a violent shootout between a Black Militant organization led by Ahmed Evans and the Cleveland Police Department occurs. During the shootout, a riot begins and lasts for five days.
- 1972The United States launch Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
- 1988General Ne Win, effective ruler of Burma since 1962, resigns after pro-democracy protests.
Who were born on July 23?
- 1773Sir Thomas Brisbane, Scottish astronomer, soldier and governor of New South Wales (d. 1860)
- 1895Aileen Pringle, American actress (d. 1989)
- 1920Amalia Rodrigues, Portuguese fado singer (d. 1999)
- 1944Dino Danelli, drummer (Young Rascals)
- 1950Alex Kozinski, Romanian-born American judge
- 1959Nancy Savoca, American filmmaker
- 1964Ed Forchion, American marijuana activist
- 1970Sam Watters, singer, songwriter, record producer
- 1981Steve Jocz, Canadian drummer (Sum 41)
- 1985Ólafur Hannesson, Icelandic television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.