July 23: Day of the Week
July 23, 2019 was the 204th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 161 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1821While Mora Rebellion continuing, Greeks captured Monemvasia Castle and massacred nearly 3000 Turkish inhabitants.
- 1881The Boundary treaty of 1881 between Chile and Argentina is signed in Buenos Aires.
- 1914Austria-Hungary issues an ultimatum to Serbia demanding Serbia to allow the Austrians to determine who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Serbia will reject those demands and Austria will declare war on July 28.
- 1929The Fascist government in Italy bans the use of foreign words.
- 1940The United States’ Under Secretary of State Sumner Welles issues a declaration on the U.S. non-recognition policy of the Soviet annexation and incorporation of three Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- 1942The Holocaust: the Treblinka extermination camp is opened.
- 1962Telstar relays the first publicly transmitted, live trans-Atlantic television program, featuring Walter Cronkite.
- 1968The only successful hijacking of an El Al aircraft takes place when a Boeing 707 carrying 10 crew and 38 passengers is taken over by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The aircraft was en route from Rome, Italy, to Lod, Israel.
- 1972The United States launch Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
- 1988General Ne Win, effective ruler of Burma since 1962, resigns after pro-democracy protests.
Who were born on July 23?
- 1931Queen Te Atairangikaahu of the New Zealand Māori (d. 2006)
- 1944Dino Danelli, drummer (Young Rascals)
- 1947Gardner Dozois, American science fiction writer and editor
- 1948John Cushnahan, Northern Irish politician
- 1954Annie Sprinkle, American porn star and performance artist
- 1968Elden Campbell, American basketball player
- 1971Joel Stein, American journalist
- 1975Seong Hyeon-ah, South Korean actress
- 1977Scott Clemmensen, American ice hockey player
- 1990Kevin Reynolds, Canadian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.