July 23, 1983: Day of the Week
July 23, 1983 was the 204th day of the year 1983 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 161 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 40 years old today. If that same person saved a Nickel every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $663.90 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DBEOAAHF? Check your answers here: Unscramble words DBEOAAHF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the July 1983 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1983 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
July 23, 1983 Historical Event(s)
- 1983Gimli Glider: Air Canada Flight 143 runs out of fuel and makes a deadstick landing at Gimli, Manitoba.
- 1983The Sri Lankan Civil War begins with the killing of 13 Sri Lanka Army soldiers by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam Terrorist group. In the subsequent riots of Black July, about 1,000 Tamils are slaughtered, some 400,000 Tamils flee to neighbouring Tamil Nadu, India and many find refuge in Europe and Canada.
Who were born on July 23, 1983?
- 1983Aaron Peirsol, American swimmer
- 1983Andrew Eiden, American actor
- 1983Bec Hewitt, Australian actress
- 1983David Strettle, English rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.