July 24: Day of the Week
July 24, 2022 was the 205th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 160 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TIUUWBXB? Check your answers here: Unscramble words TIUUWBXB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1132Battle of Nocera between Ranulf II of Alife and Roger II of Sicily.
- 1715A Spanish treasure fleet of 10 ships under Admiral Ubilla leaves Havana, Cuba for Spain. Seven days later, 9 of them sink in a storm off the coast of Florida. A few centuries later, treasure is salvaged from these wrecks.
- 1929The Kellogg-Briand Pact, renouncing war as an instrument of foreign policy, goes into effect (it is first signed in Paris on August 27, 1928 by most leading world powers).
- 1935The dust bowl heat wave reaches its peak, sending temperatures to 109°F (44°C) in Chicago and 104°F (40°C) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 1935The world’s first children’s railway opens in Tbilisi, USSR.
- 1938First ascent of the Eiger north face.
- 1974Constantine Karamanlis arrives in Greece following the collapse of the Greek military junta, beginning Greece’s metapolitefsi era.
- 1983George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the “Pine Tar Incident”.
- 1998Russell Eugene Weston Jr. bursts into the United States Capitol and opens fire killing two police officers. He is later ruled to be incompetent to stand trial.
- 2001Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the last Tsar of Bulgaria when he was a child, is sworn in as Prime Minister of Bulgaria, becoming the first monarch in history to regain political power through democratic election to a different office.
Who were born on July 24?
- 1877Calogero Vizzini, Sicilian mafioso (d. 1954)
- 1920Bella Abzug, American politician (d. 1998)
- 1933John Aniston, American actor
- 1968Colleen Doran, American comic book writer and artist
- 1968Laura Leighton, American actress
- 1970Stephanie Adams, American model and author
- 1976Nate Bump, American baseball player
- 1983Daniele De Rossi, Italian footballer
- 1987Nathan Gerbe, American hockey player
- 1989Kim Tae-Hwan, South Korean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.