July 24: Day of the Week
July 24, 2022 is the 205th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 160 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SIZKLRNUPUH? Check your answers here: Word solver SIZKLRNUPUH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1847After 17 months of travel, Brigham Young leads 148 Mormon pioneers into Salt Lake Valley, resulting in the establishment of Salt Lake City. Celebrations of this event include the Pioneer Day Utah state holiday and the Days of '47 Parade.
- 1901O. Henry is released from prison in Austin, Texas after serving three years for embezzlement from a bank.
- 1923The Treaty of Lausanne, settling the boundaries of modern Turkey, is signed in Switzerland by Greece, Bulgaria and other countries that fought in World War I.
- 1931A fire at a home for the elderly in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania kills 48 people.
- 1966Michael Pelkey makes the first BASE jump from El Capitan along with Brian Schubert. Both came out with broken bones. BASE jumping has now been banned from El Cap.
- 1974Constantine Karamanlis arrives in Greece following the collapse of the Greek military junta, beginning Greece’s metapolitefsi era.
- 1974Watergate scandal: the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- 1982Heavy rain causes a mudslide that destroys a bridge at Nagasaki, Japan, killing 299.
- 1983George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the “Pine Tar Incident”.
- 1990Iraqi forces start massing on the Kuwait-Iraq border.
Who were born on July 24?
- 1853William Gillette, American actor and author (d. 1937)
- 1895Robert Graves, English author (d. 1985)
- 1940Dan Hedaya, American actor
- 1952Gus Van Sant, American film director
- 1957Pam Tillis, American singer
- 1964Barry Bonds, American baseball player
- 1971John Partridge, English singer
- 1981Summer Glau, American actress
- 1982Élise Crombez, Belgian model
- 1990Daveigh Chase, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.