July 24: Day of the Week
July 24, 2021 is the 205th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 160 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eli’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1715A Spanish treasure fleet of 10 ships under Admiral Ubilla leaves Havana, Cuba for Spain. Seven days later, 9 of them sink in a storm off the coast of Florida. A few centuries later, treasure is salvaged from these wrecks.
- 1901O. Henry is released from prison in Austin, Texas after serving three years for embezzlement from a bank.
- 1910The Ottoman Empire captures the city of Shkodër, putting down the Albanian Revolt of 1910.
- 1911Hiram Bingham III re-discovers Machu Picchu, “the Lost City of the Incas”.
- 1935The dust bowl heat wave reaches its peak, sending temperatures to 109°F (44°C) in Chicago and 104°F (40°C) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 1938First ascent of the Eiger north face.
- 1972Bugojno group is caught by Yugoslav security forces.
- 1974Watergate scandal: the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- 1983George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the “Pine Tar Incident”.
- 2005Lance Armstrong wins his seventh consecutive Tour de France.
Who were born on July 24?
- 1826Ivan Bloch, Polish military theorist and peace activist (d. 1902)
- 1880Kristian Hellström, Swedish athlete (d. 1946)
- 1918Ruggiero Ricci, American violinist
- 1930Keshubhai Patel, Former Chief Minister of the Western State of Gujarat in India
- 1931Éric Tabarly, French sailor (d. 1998)
- 1963Paul Geary, American musician
- 1970Stephanie Adams, American model and author
- 1981Mark Robinson, English footballer
- 1981Summer Glau, American actress
- 1985Patrice Bergeron, Canadian hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.