July 24: Day of the Week
July 24, 2019 is the 205th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 160 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1487Citizens of Leeuwarden, Netherlands strike against ban on foreign beer.
- 1701Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founds the trading post at Fort Pontchartrain, which later becomes the city of Detroit, Michigan.
- 1910The Ottoman Empire captures the city of Shkodër, putting down the Albanian Revolt of 1910.
- 1915The passenger ship S.S. Eastland capsizes while tied to a dock in the Chicago River. A total of 844 passengers and crew are killed in the largest loss of life disaster from a single shipwreck on the Great Lakes.
- 1922the draft of The British Mandate of Palestine was formally confirmed by the Council of the League of Nations; and which came into effect on 26 September 1923.
- 1931A fire at a home for the elderly in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania kills 48 people.
- 1972Bugojno group is caught by Yugoslav security forces.
- 1974Watergate scandal: the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- 1983George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the “Pine Tar Incident”.
- 2002Democrat James Traficant is expelled from the United States House of Representatives on a vote of 420 to 1.
Who were born on July 24?
- 1821William Poole, American racketeer and politician (d. 1855)
- 1851Friedrich Schottky, German mathematician (d. 1935)
- 1856Charles Émile Picard, French mathematician (d. 1941)
- 1904Richard B. Morris, American constitutional historian (d. 1989)
- 1908Cootie Williams, American trumpeter (d. 1985)
- 1917Robert Farnon, Canadian conductor, composer, and arranger (d. 2005)
- 1977Mehdi Mahdavikia, Iranian football player
- 1981Mark Robinson, English footballer
- 1983Daniele De Rossi, Italian footballer
- 1998Bindi Irwin, Australian entertainer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.