July 24: Day of the Week
July 24, 2019 is the 205th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 160 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Leo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1132Battle of Nocera between Ranulf II of Alife and Roger II of Sicily.
- 1701Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac founds the trading post at Fort Pontchartrain, which later becomes the city of Detroit, Michigan.
- 1823Slavery is abolished in Chile.
- 1911Hiram Bingham III re-discovers Machu Picchu, “the Lost City of the Incas”.
- 1924Archeologist Themistoklis Sofoulis becomes Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1929The Kellogg-Briand Pact, renouncing war as an instrument of foreign policy, goes into effect (it is first signed in Paris on August 27, 1928 by most leading world powers).
- 1967During an official state visit to Canada, French President Charles de Gaulle declares to a crowd of over 100,000 in Montreal: Vive le Québec libre! (“Long live free Quebec!”). The statement, interpreted as support for Quebec independence, delighted many Quebecers but angered the Canadian government and many English Canadians.
- 1972Bugojno group is caught by Yugoslav security forces.
- 1983George Brett batting for the Kansas City Royals against the New York Yankees, has a game-winning home run nullified in the “Pine Tar Incident”.
- 1990Iraqi forces start massing on the Kuwait-Iraq border.
Who were born on July 24?
- 1933Doug Sanders, American golfer
- 1940Dan Hedaya, American actor
- 1942Chris Sarandon, American actor
- 1953Claire McCaskill, American politician
- 1953Jon Faddis, American jazz trumpet player and composer
- 1962Johnny O'Connell, American race car driver
- 1970Elli Kokkinou, Greek singer
- 1980Wilfred Bungei, Kenyan runner
- 1982Michael Poppmeier, South African-born German rugby player
- 1989Kim Tae-Hwan, South Korean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.