July 29: Day of the Week
July 29, 2019 is the 210th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 155 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1014Byzantine-Bulgarian Wars: Battle of Kleidion – Byzantine emperor Basil II inflicts a decisive defeat on the Bulgarian army, and his subsequent treatment of 15,000 prisoners reportedly causes Tsar Samuil of Bulgaria to die of a heart attack less than three months later, on October 6.
- 1567James VI is crowned King of Scotland at Stirling.
- 1848Irish Potato Famine: Tipperary Revolt – in Tipperary, an unsuccessful nationalist revolt against British rule is put down by police.
- 1932Great Depression: in Washington, D.C., troops disperse the last of the “Bonus Army” of World War I veterans.
- 1957The International Atomic Energy Agency is established.
- 1959First United States Congress elections in Hawaii as a state of the Union.
- 1967Vietnam War: off the coast of North Vietnam the USS Forrestal catches on fire in the worst U.S. naval disaster since World War II, killing 134.
- 1987British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President of France François Mitterrand sign the agreement to build a tunnel under the English Channel (Eurotunnel).
- 1993The Israeli Supreme Court acquits alleged Nazi death camp guard John Demjanjuk of all charges and he is set free.
- 1996The child protection portion of the Communications Decency Act is struck down by a U.S. federal court as too broad .
Who were born on July 29?
- 1846Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil (d. 1921)
- 1883Benito Mussolini, Italian fascist dictator (d. 1945)
- 1883Porfirio Barba-Jacob, Colombian poet and writer (d. 1942)
- 1900Don Redman, American jazz trumpeter, oboist and pianist (d. 1964)
- 1900Eyvind Johnson, Swedish writer, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1976)
- 1933Colin Davis, British racing driver
- 1951Dan Driessen, American baseball player
- 1962Scott Steiner, American professional wrestler
- 1979Karim Essediri, Tunisian footballer
- 1980Ryan Braun, Canadian-born American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.