July 29: Day of the Week
July 29, 2023 is the 210th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 155 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PROKLUTEE? Check your answers here: Word search PROKLUTEE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1014Byzantine-Bulgarian Wars: Battle of Kleidion – Byzantine emperor Basil II inflicts a decisive defeat on the Bulgarian army, and his subsequent treatment of 15,000 prisoners reportedly causes Tsar Samuil of Bulgaria to die of a heart attack less than three months later, on October 6.
- 1851Annibale de Gasparis discovers asteroid 15 Eunomia.
- 1864American Civil War: Confederate spy Belle Boyd is arrested by Union troops and detained at the Old Capitol Prison in Washington, D.C.
- 1899The First Hague Convention is signed.
- 1900In Italy, King Umberto I of Italy is assassinated by the anarchist Gaetano Bresci.
- 1945The BBC Light Programme radio station is launched for mainstream light entertainment and music.
- 1957The International Atomic Energy Agency is established.
- 1959First United States Congress elections in Hawaii as a state of the Union.
- 1973Greeks vote to abolish the monarchy, beginning the first period of the Metapolitefsi.
- 1976In New York City, David Berkowitz (aka the “Son of Sam”) kills one person and seriously wounds another in the first of a series of attacks.
Who were born on July 29?
- 1899Walter Beall, American baseball player (d. 1959)
- 1911Foster Furcolo, 60th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1995)
- 1917Rochus Misch, German courier, bodyguard and telephone operator for Adolf Hitler, the last survivor of the Führerbunker
- 1959John Sykes, British guitarist (Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Tygers of Pan Tang)
- 1965Luis Alicea, Puerto Rico baseball player and coach
- 1973Stephen Dorff, American actor
- 1973Wanya Morris, American singer (Boyz II Men)
- 1980Fernando González, Chilean tennis player
- 1980Rachel Miner, American actress
- 1982Jônatas Domingos, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.