July 29: Day of the Week
July 29, 2020 was the 211st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 155 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VAUCCZCU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters VAUCCZCU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 29 Historical Event(s)
- 615Pakal ascends the throne of Palenque at age 12.
- 1030Ladejarl-Fairhair succession wars: Battle of Stiklestad – King Olaf II fights and dies trying to regain his Norwegian throne from the Danes.
- 1836Inauguration of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
- 1858United States and Japan sign the Harris Treaty.
- 1900In Italy, King Umberto I of Italy is assassinated by the anarchist Gaetano Bresci.
- 1937Tōngzhōu Incident: in Tōngzhōu (China), the East Hopei Army attacks Japanese troops and civilians.
- 1957The International Atomic Energy Agency is established.
- 1967During the fourth day of celebrating its 400th anniversary, the city of Caracas, Venezuela is shaken by an earthquake, leaving approximately 500 dead.
- 1976In New York City, David Berkowitz (aka the “Son of Sam”) kills one person and seriously wounds another in the first of a series of attacks.
- 1993The Israeli Supreme Court acquits alleged Nazi death camp guard John Demjanjuk of all charges and he is set free.
Who were born on July 29?
- 1843Johannes Schmidt, German linguist (d. 1901)
- 1878Don Marquis, American author (d. 1937)
- 1897Sir Neil Ritchie, British general (d. 1983)
- 1905Stanley Kunitz, American poet (d. 2006)
- 1911Foster Furcolo, 60th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1995)
- 1917Rochus Misch, German courier, bodyguard and telephone operator for Adolf Hitler, the last survivor of the Führerbunker
- 1924Elizabeth Short, American waitress, victim in the Black Dahlia case (d. 1947)
- 1959Dave LaPoint, American baseball player
- 1979Ronald Murray, American basketball player
- 1985Besart Berisha, Albanian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.