July 29: Day of the Week
July 29, 2019 was the 210th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 155 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1014Byzantine-Bulgarian Wars: Battle of Kleidion – Byzantine emperor Basil II inflicts a decisive defeat on the Bulgarian army, and his subsequent treatment of 15,000 prisoners reportedly causes Tsar Samuil of Bulgaria to die of a heart attack less than three months later, on October 6.
- 1030Ladejarl-Fairhair succession wars: Battle of Stiklestad – King Olaf II fights and dies trying to regain his Norwegian throne from the Danes.
- 1565The widowed Mary, Queen of Scots, marries Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley, Duke of Albany, at Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1793John Graves Simcoe decides to build a fort and settlement at Toronto, having sailed into the bay there.
- 1836Inauguration of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
- 1858United States and Japan sign the Harris Treaty.
- 1920Construction of the Link River Dam begins as part of the Klamath Reclamation Project.
- 1945The BBC Light Programme radio station is launched for mainstream light entertainment and music.
- 1948Olympic Games: The Games of the XIV Olympiad – after a hiatus of 12 years caused by World War II, the first Summer Olympics to be held since the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, open in London.
- 1959First United States Congress elections in Hawaii as a state of the Union.
Who were born on July 29?
- 1166Henry II, Count of Champagne and King of Jerusalem (d. 1197)
- 1805Alexis de Tocqueville, French historian and political scientist (d. 1859)
- 1883Benito Mussolini, Italian fascist dictator (d. 1945)
- 1915Bruce R. McConkie, American Mormon apostle and writer (d. 1985)
- 1915Francis W. Sargent, 64th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1998)
- 1949Leslie Easterbrook, American actress
- 1952Marie Panayotopoulos-Cassiotou, Greek politician
- 1957Nellie Kim, Russian gymnast
- 1962Vincent Rousseau, Belgian long-distance runner
- 1982Janez Aljančič, Slovenian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.