July 31: Day of the Week
July 31, 2021 is the 212nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 153 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TSABOEGEPRE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters TSABOEGEPRE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 31 Historical Event(s)
- 30 BCBattle of Alexandria: Mark Antony achieves a minor victory over Octavian’s forces, but most of his army subsequently deserts, leading to his suicide.
- 904Thessalonica falls to the Arabs, who destroy the city.
- 1451Jacques Cœur is arrested by order of Charles VII of France.
- 1655Russo-Polish War (1654-1667): the Russian army enters the capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Vilnius, which it holds for six years.
- 1865The first narrow gauge mainline railway in the world opens at Grandchester, Australia.
- 1919German national assembly adopts the Weimar Constitution, which comes into force on August 14.
- 1932The NSDAP (Nazi Party) wins more than 38% of the vote in German elections.
- 1956Jim Laker becomes the first man to take all 10 wickets in a Test match innings as he returns figures of 10/53 in the Australian 2nd innings. This combined with his 9/37 in the first innings gave him match figures of 19/90 in the 4th Test at Old Trafford.
- 1971Apollo program: Apollo 15 astronauts become the first to ride in a lunar rover.
- 1987A rare, class F4 tornado rips through Edmonton, Alberta, killing 27 people and causing $330 million in damage.
Who were born on July 31?
- 1527Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1576)
- 1835Henri Brisson, French statesman (d. 1912)
- 1922Hank Bauer, American baseball player and manager (d. 2007)
- 1929José Santamaria, Uruguayan footballer
- 1931Ivan Rebroff, German singer (d. 2008)
- 1940Roy Walker, Irish comedian and gameshow host
- 1943William Bennett, 3rd United States Secretary of Education
- 1952Chris Ahrens, American ice hockey player
- 1982DeMarcus Ware, American football player
- 1990Olga Galchenko, Russian juggler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.