July 31: Day of the Week
July 31, 2022 is the 212th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 153 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GQIRURI? Check your answers here: Word finder GQIRURI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 31 Historical Event(s)
- 30 BCBattle of Alexandria: Mark Antony achieves a minor victory over Octavian’s forces, but most of his army subsequently deserts, leading to his suicide.
- 1201Attempted usurpation of John Komnenos the Fat.
- 1588The Spanish Armada is spotted off the coast of England.
- 1856Christchurch, New Zealand is chartered as a city.
- 1865The first narrow gauge mainline railway in the world opens at Grandchester, Australia.
- 1931New York City experimental television station W2XAO (now known as WCBS) begins broadcasts.
- 1932The NSDAP (Nazi Party) wins more than 38% of the vote in German elections.
- 1938Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius the Great in Persepolis.
- 1964Ranger program: Ranger 7 sends back the first close-up photographs of the moon, with images 1,000 times clearer than anything ever seen from earth-bound telescopes.
- 1987A rare, class F4 tornado rips through Edmonton, Alberta, killing 27 people and causing $330 million in damage.
Who were born on July 31?
- 1737Princess Augusta of Great Britain (d. 1813)
- 1886Salvatore Maranzano, Sicilian-born American organized crime figure (d. 1931)
- 1936Vic Davalillo, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1952Chris Ahrens, American ice hockey player
- 1953Jimmy Cook, South African cricketer
- 1962Wesley Snipes, American actor
- 1970Amanda Stepto, Canadian actress
- 1979Jade Kwan, Hong Kong singer
- 1980Mikko Hirvonen, Finnish Rally driver
- 1982Jeff DaRosa, American multi-instrumentalist (Dropkick Murphys)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.