July 31: Day of the Week
July 31, 2019 was the 212nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 153 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alison’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 31 Historical Event(s)
- 1009Pope Sergius IV becomes the 142nd pope, succeeding Pope John XVIII.
- 1588The Spanish Armada is spotted off the coast of England.
- 1658Aurangzeb is proclaimed Moghul emperor of India.
- 1930The radio mystery program The Shadow airs for the first time.
- 1938Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius the Great in Persepolis.
- 1964Ranger program: Ranger 7 sends back the first close-up photographs of the moon, with images 1,000 times clearer than anything ever seen from earth-bound telescopes.
- 1972Operation Motorman: British troops move into the no-go areas of Belfast and Derry, Northern Ireland. End of Free Derry.
- 1973A Delta Air Lines jetliner, flight DL 723 crashes while landing in fog at Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts killing 89.
- 1987A rare, class F4 tornado rips through Edmonton, Alberta, killing 27 people and causing $330 million in damage.
- 2007Operation Banner, the presence of the British Army in Northern Ireland, and the longest-running British Army operation ever, comes to an end.
Who were born on July 31?
- 1724Noël François de Wailly, French lexicographer (d. 1801)
- 1904Brett Halliday, American writer (d. 1977)
- 1943Lobo, American singer and songwriter
- 1951Werner Novak, German footballer
- 1959Andrew Marr, British journalist and political commentator
- 1962John Chiang, American politician
- 1962John Laurinaitis, American professional wrestler
- 1967Mitsuo Iwata, Japanese seiyū
- 1979Jade Kwan, Hong Kong singer
- 1985Daniel Ciofani, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.