July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2021 is the 185th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VLIIJKVTUOK? Check your answers here: Word search VLIIJKVTUOK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 836Pactum Sicardi, peace between the Principality of Benevento and the Duchy of Naples.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: American forces under George Clark capture Kaskaskia during the Illinois campaign.
- 1802At West Point, New York the United States Military Academy opens.
- 1803The Louisiana Purchase is announced to the American people.
- 1810The French occupy Amsterdam.
- 1817At Rome, New York, United States, construction on the Erie Canal begins.
- 1886The people of France offer the Statue of Liberty to the people of the United States.
- 1946After 381 years of near-continuous colonial rule by various powers, the Philippines attains full independence from the United States.
- 1950The first broadcast by Radio Free Europe.
- 2006North Korea tests four short-range missiles, one medium-range missile, and a long-range Taepodong-2. The long-range Taepodong-2 reportedly fails in mid-air over the Sea of Japan.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1546Murat III, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1595)
- 1898Gertrude Lawrence, English-born actress (d. 1952)
- 1942Floyd Little, American football player
- 1943Emerson Boozer, American football player
- 1944Ray Meagher, Australian actor
- 1965Harvey Grant, American basketball player
- 1965Jo Whiley, English radio DJ
- 1971Koko, sign-language gorilla
- 1972William Goldsmith, American drummer (Sunny Day Real Estate, Foo Fighters)
- 1982Hannah Harper, English porn star
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.