July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2022 is the 185th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IMNFZAUBW? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IMNFZAUBW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1534Christian III is elected King of Denmark and Norway in the town of Rye.
- 1610The Battle of Klushino between forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia during the Polish-Muscovite War.
- 1754French and Indian War: George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to French Capt. Louis Coulon de Villiers.
- 1879Anglo-Zulu War: the Zululand capital of Ulundi is captured by British troops and burnt to the ground, thus, ending the war and forcing King Cetshwayo to flee.
- 1881In Alabama, the Tuskegee Institute opens.
- 1913President Woodrow Wilson addresses American Civil War veterans at the Great Reunion of 1913.
- 1918Bolsheviks kill Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his family (Julian calendar date).
- 1982Iranian diplomats kidnapping (1982): four Iranian diplomats are kidnapped by Lebanese militia in Lebanon.
- 1993Sumitomo Chemical’s resin plant in Nihama explodes killing one worker and injuring three others.
- 2009The Statue of Liberty’s crown reopens to the public after 8 years, due to security reasons following the World Trade Center attacks.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1868Henrietta Swan Leavitt, American astronomer (d. 1921)
- 1881Ulysses S. Grant III, American soldier (d. 1968)
- 1907Gordon Griffith, American director (d. 1958)
- 1920Norm Drucker, American basketball referee
- 1948Phil Wheatley, Director-General of the National Offender Management Service
- 1965Harvey Grant, American basketball player
- 1973Tony Popovic, Australian soccer player
- 1978Emile Mpenza, Belgian footballer
- 1983Miguel Ángel Muñoz, Spanish actor and singer
- 1986Takahisa Masuda, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.