July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2018 was the 185th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1359Francesco II Ordelaffi of Forlì surrenders to the Papal commander Gil de Albornoz.
- 1534Christian III is elected King of Denmark and Norway in the town of Rye.
- 1831Samuel Francis Smith wrote My Country, 'Tis of Thee for the Boston, MA July 4th festivities.
- 1863The Army of Northern Virginia withdraws from the battlefield after its loss at the Battle of Gettysburg, signalling an end to the Southern invasion of the North.
- 1881In Alabama, the Tuskegee Institute opens.
- 1894The short-lived Republic of Hawaii is proclaimed by Sanford B. Dole.
- 1910African-American boxer Jack Johnson knocks out white boxer Jim Jeffries in a heavyweight boxing match sparking race riots across the United States.
- 1918Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI ascends to the throne.
- 1934Leo Szilard patents the chain-reaction design for the atomic bomb.
- 1966President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act into United States law. The act goes into effect the next year.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1905Irving Johnson, American adventurer (d. 1991)
- 1918Ann Landers, American advice columnist (d. 2002)
- 1929Bill Tuttle, American baseball player (d. 1998)
- 1929Peter Angelos, majority owner of the Baltimore Orioles baseball team
- 1938Bill Withers, American singer and songwriter
- 1943Emerson Boozer, American football player
- 1948Jeremy Spencer, English musician
- 1963José Oquendo, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1969Wilfred Mugeyi, Zimbabwean soccer player
- 1972Mike Knuble, Canadian hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.