July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2021 is the 185th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QIUEVACYAKH? Check your answers here: Word search QIUEVACYAKH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 836Pactum Sicardi, peace between the Principality of Benevento and the Duchy of Naples.
- 1120Jordan II of Capua is anointed as prince after his infant nephew’s death.
- 1187The Crusades: Battle of Hattin – Saladin defeats Guy of Lusignan, King of Jerusalem.
- 1636City of Providence, Rhode Island forms.
- 1744The Treaty of Lancaster, in which the Iroquois ceded lands between the Allegheny Mountains and the Ohio River to the British colonies, is signed in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- 1754French and Indian War: George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to French Capt. Louis Coulon de Villiers.
- 1774Orangetown Resolutions adopted in the Province of New York, one of many protests against the British Parliament’s Coercive Acts
- 1855In Brooklyn, New York, the first edition of Walt Whitman’s book of poems, titled Leaves of Grass, is published.
- 1910African-American boxer Jack Johnson knocks out white boxer Jim Jeffries in a heavyweight boxing match sparking race riots across the United States.
- 1977The George Jackson Brigade plants a bomb at the main power substation for the Washington state capitol in Olympia in solidarity with a prison strike at the Walla Walla State Penitentiary Intensive Security Unit
Who were born on July 4?
- 1719Michel-Jean Sedaine, French dramatist (d. 1797)
- 1918King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV of Tonga (d. 2006)
- 1921Tibor Varga, Hungarian violinist (d. 2003)
- 1929Bill Tuttle, American baseball player (d. 1998)
- 1946Michael Milken, American financier
- 1955John Waite, English singer
- 1957Rein Lang, Estonian politician and diplomat
- 1961Richard Garriott, English video game designer
- 1962Neil Morrissey, English actor
- 1973Gackt, Japanese musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.