July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2023 is the 185th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EUZEWSEFTSZO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EUZEWSEFTSZO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1610The Battle of Klushino between forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia during the Polish-Muscovite War.
- 1634The city of Trois-Rivières is founded in New France (Quebec, Canada)
- 1810The French occupy Amsterdam.
- 1826Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States, dies the same day as John Adams, second president of the United States, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States Declaration of Independence.
- 1827Slavery is abolished in New York State.
- 1831Samuel Francis Smith wrote My Country, 'Tis of Thee for the Boston, MA July 4th festivities.
- 1878Thoroughbred horses Ten Broeck and Mollie McCarty run a match race, immortalized in the song Molly and Tenbrooks.
- 1879Anglo-Zulu War: the Zululand capital of Ulundi is captured by British troops and burnt to the ground, thus, ending the war and forcing King Cetshwayo to flee.
- 1903Dorothy Levitt is reported as the first woman in the world to compete in a 'motor race'.
- 1997NASA’s Pathfinder space probe lands on the surface of Mars.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1867Stephen Mather, American entrepreneur and conservationist (d. 1930)
- 1916Iva Toguri D'Aquino, American World War II figure (d. 2006)
- 1921Gerard Debreu, French economist, Nobel laureate (d. 2004)
- 1923Rudolf Friedrich, Swiss Federal Councilor
- 1929Peter Angelos, majority owner of the Baltimore Orioles baseball team
- 1946Ron Kovic, American peace activist
- 1948René Arnoux, French race car driver
- 1967Andy Walker (journalist), Canadian television personality
- 1971Andy Creeggan, Canadian musician
- 1973Jan Magnussen, Danish racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.