July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2019 is the 185th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1120Jordan II of Capua is anointed as prince after his infant nephew’s death.
- 1359Francesco II Ordelaffi of Forlì surrenders to the Papal commander Gil de Albornoz.
- 1774Orangetown Resolutions adopted in the Province of New York, one of many protests against the British Parliament’s Coercive Acts
- 1776American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
- 1831Samuel Francis Smith wrote My Country, 'Tis of Thee for the Boston, MA July 4th festivities.
- 1863The Army of Northern Virginia withdraws from the battlefield after its loss at the Battle of Gettysburg, signalling an end to the Southern invasion of the North.
- 1878Thoroughbred horses Ten Broeck and Mollie McCarty run a match race, immortalized in the song Molly and Tenbrooks.
- 1881In Alabama, the Tuskegee Institute opens.
- 1947The “Indian Independence Bill” is presented before British House of Commons, suggesting bifurcation of British India into two sovereign countries – India and Pakistan.
- 1951A court in Czechoslovakia sentences American journalist William N. Oatis to ten years in prison on a charge of espionage.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1826Stephen Foster, American songwriter (d. 1864)
- 1934Peter Behn, American voice actor
- 1946Michael Milken, American financier
- 1948Ed Armbrister, baseball player
- 1955John Waite, English singer
- 1971Ned Zelic, Australian soccer player
- 1972William Goldsmith, American drummer (Sunny Day Real Estate, Foo Fighters)
- 1981Dédé, Angolan soccer player
- 1983Andy Mrotek, American musician
- 1990Rishadi Fauzi, Indonesian soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.