July 4: Day of the Week
July 4, 2019 is the 185th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 180 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 4: This Day in History
The Aphelion, the point in the year when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, occurs around this date.
July 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1359Francesco II Ordelaffi of Forlì surrenders to the Papal commander Gil de Albornoz.
- 1754French and Indian War: George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to French Capt. Louis Coulon de Villiers.
- 1776American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
- 1826Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States, dies the same day as John Adams, second president of the United States, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States Declaration of Independence.
- 1865Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is published.
- 1887The founder of Pakistan, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, joins Sindh-Madrasa-tul-Islam, Karachi.
- 1892Western Samoa changes the International Date Line, so that year there were 367 days in this country, with two occurrences of Monday, July 4.
- 1918Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI ascends to the throne.
- 1966President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act into United States law. The act goes into effect the next year.
- 1993Sumitomo Chemical’s resin plant in Nihama explodes killing one worker and injuring three others.
Who were born on July 4?
- 1845Thomas Barnardo, Irish humanitarian (d. 1905)
- 1903Flor Peeters, Belgian composer, organist and teacher (d. 1986)
- 1920Fritz Wilde, German footballer (d. 1977)
- 1921Gerard Debreu, French economist, Nobel laureate (d. 2004)
- 1942Floyd Little, American football player
- 1943Alan “Blind Owl” Wilson, American musician (d. 1970)
- 1973Michael Johnson, English-born Jamaican footballer
- 1978Emile Mpenza, Belgian footballer
- 1983Miguel Ángel Muñoz, Spanish actor and singer
- 1986Takahisa Masuda, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.