July 5: Day of the Week
July 5, 2022 is the 186th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 179 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EOAWUXBR? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EOAWUXBR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1770The Battle of Chesma between the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1813War of 1812: three weeks of British raids on Fort Schlosser, Black Rock and Plattsburgh, New York begin.
- 1865The Salvation Army is founded in the East End of London, England.
- 1941World War II: German troops reach the Dnieper River.
- 1947Larry Doby signs a contract with the Cleveland Indians baseball team, becoming the first black player in the American League. (Jackie Robinson had broken the color barrier with the Brooklyn Dodgers in the National League 11 weeks earlier.)
- 1962The Late Late Show, the world’s longest-running chat show by the same broadcaster, airs on RTÉ One for the first time.
- 1962Algeria becomes independent from France.
- 1998Japan launches a probe to Mars, and thus joins the United States and Russia as a space exploring nation.
- 1999U.S. President Bill Clinton imposes trade and economic sanctions against the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.
- 2009The largest hoard of Anglo-Saxon gold ever discovered, consisting of more than 1,500 items, is found near the village of Hammerwich, near Lichfield, in Staffordshire, England.
Who were born on July 5?
- 1899Marcel Achard, French playwright, screenwriter and author (d. 1974)
- 1915John Woodruff, American distance runner (d. 2007)
- 1928Katherine Helmond, American actress
- 1951Keiko Fuji, Japanese enka singer
- 1963Russ Lorenson, American singer and actor
- 1966Gianfranco Zola, Italian football player and coach
- 1979Tim Coly, German rugby player
- 1980Jason Wade, American singer and guitarist (Lifehouse)
- 1984Danay Garcia, Cuban actress
- 1989Dejan Lovren, Croatian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.