July 5: Day of the Week
July 5, 2021 was the 186th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 179 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LVVEHEUCMXUW? Check your answers here: Word solver LVVEHEUCMXUW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1610John Guy sets sail from Bristol with 39 other colonists for Newfoundland.
- 1687Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
- 1813War of 1812: three weeks of British raids on Fort Schlosser, Black Rock and Plattsburgh, New York begin.
- 1941World War II: German troops reach the Dnieper River.
- 1950Zionism: the Knesset passes the Law of Return which grants all Jews the right to immigrate to Israel.
- 1971Right to vote: the Twenty-sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, lowering the voting age from 21 to 18 years, is formally certified by President Richard Nixon.
- 1975Arthur Ashe becomes the first black man to win the Wimbledon singles title.
- 1995Armenia adopts its constitution, four years after their independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1996Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal cloned from an adult cell.
- 1998Japan launches a probe to Mars, and thus joins the United States and Russia as a space exploring nation.
Who were born on July 5?
- 1653Thomas Pitt, British Governor of Madras (d. 1726)
- 1802Pavel Nakhimov, Russian admiral (d. 1855)
- 1805Robert FitzRoy, British naval officer and meteorologist (d. 1865)
- 1924Niels Jannasch, Canadian historian and museum curator (d. 2001)
- 1948William Hootkins, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1951Goose Gossage, American baseball player
- 1969Jeremy Spake, English television personality
- 1980David Rozehnal, Czech footballer
- 1989Dejan Lovren, Croatian footballer
- 1989Georgios Efrem, Greek-Cypriot footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.