July 5: Day of the Week
July 5, 2019 was the 186th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 179 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aubrey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1295Scotland and France form an alliance, the so-called “Auld Alliance”, against England.
- 1770The Battle of Chesma between the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1775The Second Continental Congress adopts the Olive Branch Petition.
- 1811Venezuela declares independence from Spain.
- 1962Algeria becomes independent from France.
- 1998Japan launches a probe to Mars, and thus joins the United States and Russia as a space exploring nation.
- 1999Wolverhampton, England is hit by storms which include a tornado. The area is hit again with severe storms on August 1.
- 2004The first Indonesian presidential election is held.
- 2006North Korea launches at least two short-range Nodong-2 missiles, one SCUD missile and one long-range Taepodong-2 missile.
- 2009A series of violent riots break out in Ürümqi, the capital city of the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in China.
Who were born on July 5?
- 1653Thomas Pitt, British Governor of Madras (d. 1726)
- 1879Wanda Landowska, Polish harpsichordist (d. 1959)
- 1902Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., American diplomat (d. 1985)
- 1922Bob Duffy, American basketball player
- 1924Niels Jannasch, Canadian historian and museum curator (d. 2001)
- 1956James Lofton, American football player and coach
- 1964Jimmy Demers, American singer and writer
- 1979Amélie Mauresmo, French tennis player
- 1983Zheng Jie, Chinese tennis player
- 1985Megan Rapinoe, American soccer player (U.S. Women’s National Team)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.