July 5: Day of the Week
July 5, 2018 was the 186th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 179 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1295Scotland and France form an alliance, the so-called “Auld Alliance”, against England.
- 1610John Guy sets sail from Bristol with 39 other colonists for Newfoundland.
- 1687Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
- 1770The Battle of Chesma between the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire begins.
- 1803The Convention of Artlenburg leads to the French occupation of Hanover (which had been ruled by the British king).
- 1865The Salvation Army is founded in the East End of London, England.
- 1940World War II: the United Kingdom and the Vichy France government break off diplomatic relations.
- 1948National Health Service Acts created the national public health systems in the United Kingdom
- 1954The BBC broadcasts its first television news bulletin.
- 1971Right to vote: the Twenty-sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, lowering the voting age from 21 to 18 years, is formally certified by President Richard Nixon.
Who were born on July 5?
- 1321Joan of The Tower, Queen consort of King David II of Scotland (d. 1362)
- 1755Sarah Siddons, British actress (d. 1831)
- 1793Pavel Pestel, Russian revolutionary (d. 1826)
- 1904Ernst Mayr, American biologist (d. 2005)
- 1910Robert K. Merton, American sociologist (d. 2003)
- 1918George Rochberg, American composer (d. 2005)
- 1950Huey Lewis, American singer (Huey Lewis and the News)
- 1975Gunnar Thomsen, Faroese bassist (Týr)
- 1982Alberto Gilardino, Italian footballer
- 1986Adam Young, American musician, main project (Owl City)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.