July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2021 is the 187th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UXISOD? Check your answers here: Word finder UXISOD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1253Mindaugas is crowned King of Lithuania.
- 1348Papal bull of Pope Clement VI protecting the Jews accused to have caused the Black Death.
- 1484Portuguese sea captain Diogo Cão finds the mouth of the Congo River.
- 1809The second day of the Battle of Wagram sees a French victory over the Austrian army in the largest battle yet of the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1919The British dirigible R34 lands in New York, completing the first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean by an airship.
- 1933The first Major League Baseball All-Star Game is played in Chicago’s Comiskey Park. The American League defeats the National League 4–2.
- 1939Holocaust: the last remaining Jewish enterprises in Germany are closed.
- 1957Althea Gibson wins the Wimbledon championships, becoming the first black athlete to do so.
- 1975The Comoros declare independence from France.
- 1986Davis Phinney became the first American cyclist to win a road stage of the Tour de France.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1919Ernst Haefliger, Swiss singer (d. 2007)
- 1921Nancy Reagan, First Lady of the United States
- 1927Pat Paulsen, American comedian (d. 1997)
- 1935Candy Barr, American stripper and actress (d. 2005)
- 1946George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
- 1961Rick Price, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1967James Hannon, American filmmaker
- 1970Inspectah Deck, American rapper
- 1979Nic Cester, Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jet)
- 1994Camilla Rosso, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.