July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2022 was the 187th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XUIUNQE? Check your answers here: Word search XUIUNQE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1253Mindaugas is crowned King of Lithuania.
- 1484Portuguese sea captain Diogo Cão finds the mouth of the Congo River.
- 1560The Treaty of Edinburgh is signed by Scotland and England.
- 1630Thirty-Years War: 4,000 Swedish troops under Gustavus Adolphus land in Pomerania, Germany.
- 1751Pope Benedict XIV suppresses the Patriarchate of Aquileia and establishes from its territory the Archdiocese of Udine and Gorizia.
- 1785The dollar is unanimously chosen as the monetary unit for the United States.
- 1885Louis Pasteur successfully tests his vaccine against rabies. The patient is Joseph Meister, a boy who was bitten by a rabid dog.
- 1919The British dirigible R34 lands in New York, completing the first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean by an airship.
- 1933The first Major League Baseball All-Star Game is played in Chicago’s Comiskey Park. The American League defeats the National League 4–2.
- 1986Davis Phinney became the first American cyclist to win a road stage of the Tour de France.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1747John Paul Jones, American naval commander (d. 1792)
- 1782Maria Luisa of Spain, Duchess of Lucca and Queen of Etruria (d. 1824)
- 1865Émile Jaques-Dalcroze, Swiss composer and music educator (d. 1950)
- 1904Erik Wickberg, Swedish 9th General of the Salvation Army (d. 1996)
- 1919Ernst Haefliger, Swiss singer (d. 2007)
- 1937Ned Beatty, American actor
- 1966Brian Posehn, American actor
- 1969Brian Van Holt, American actor
- 1975Amir-Abbas Fakhravar, Iranian journalist and activist
- 1987Matt O'Leary, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.