July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2020 was the 188th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZLIOUZOYE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ZLIOUZOYE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1189Richard I “the Lionheart” is crowned King of England.
- 1415Jan Hus is burned at the stake.
- 1557King Philip II of Spain, consort of Queen Mary I of England, sets out from Dover to war with France, which eventually results in the loss of the City of Calais, the last English possession on the continent, and Mary I never seeing her husband again.
- 1560The Treaty of Edinburgh is signed by Scotland and England.
- 1573Córdoba, Argentina, is founded by Jerónimo Luis de Cabrera.
- 1609Bohemia is granted freedom of religion.
- 1785The dollar is unanimously chosen as the monetary unit for the United States.
- 1933The first Major League Baseball All-Star Game is played in Chicago’s Comiskey Park. The American League defeats the National League 4–2.
- 1942Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the “Secret Annexe” above her father’s office in an Amsterdam warehouse.
- 1975The Comoros declare independence from France.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1781Sir Stamford Raffles, British statesman (d. 1826)
- 1898Hanns Eisler, German composer (d. 1962)
- 1925Gazi Yasargil, Turkish medical scientist and neurosurgeon (d. 1993)
- 1946Sylvester Stallone, American actor
- 1948Nathalie Baye, French actress
- 1949Phyllis Hyman, American soul singer and actress (d. 1995)
- 1950John Byrne, American comic book author and artist
- 1961Robin Antin, American reality television personality and model
- 1981Nnamdi Asomugha, American football player
- 1983Gregory Smith, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.