July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2019 is the 187th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1189Richard I “the Lionheart” is crowned King of England.
- 1535Sir Thomas More is executed for treason against King Henry VIII of England.
- 1751Pope Benedict XIV suppresses the Patriarchate of Aquileia and establishes from its territory the Archdiocese of Udine and Gorizia.
- 1801Battle of Algeciras: the French navy are defeated by the Royal Navy.
- 18923,800 striking steelworkers engage in a day-long battle with Pinkerton agents during the Homestead Strike, leaving 10 dead and dozens wounded.
- 1917World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.
- 1936A major breach of the Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal in England sends millions of gallons of water cascading 200 ft into the River Irwell.
- 1939Holocaust: the last remaining Jewish enterprises in Germany are closed.
- 1942Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the “Secret Annexe” above her father’s office in an Amsterdam warehouse.
- 1944The Hartford Circus Fire, one of America’s worst fire disasters, kills approximately 168 people and injures over 700 in Hartford, Connecticut.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1903Hugo Theorell, Swedish biochemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1982)
- 1907George Stanley, Canadian politician and designer of the flag of Canada (d. 2002)
- 1931Della Reese, American singer and actress
- 1948Jean-Pierre Blackburn, French-Canadian politician
- 1952Grant Goodeve, American actor
- 1961Rick Price, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1967James Hannon, American filmmaker
- 1971Kenya D. Williamson, American actress
- 1974Zé Roberto, Brazilian footballer
- 1984Lauren Harris, British rock singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.