July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2020 is the 188th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Anne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 371 BCThe Battle of Leuctra, where Epaminondas defeats Cleombrotus I, takes place.
- 1253Mindaugas is crowned King of Lithuania.
- 1348Papal bull of Pope Clement VI protecting the Jews accused to have caused the Black Death.
- 1917World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.
- 1919The British dirigible R34 lands in New York, completing the first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean by an airship.
- 1942Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the “Secret Annexe” above her father’s office in an Amsterdam warehouse.
- 1964Malawi declares its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1986Davis Phinney became the first American cyclist to win a road stage of the Tour de France.
- 1988The Piper Alpha drilling platform in the North Sea is destroyed by explosions and fires. 167 oil workers are killed, making it the world’s worst offshore oil disaster.
- 1989The Israeli 405 Bus slaughter in which 14 bus passengers are killed when an Arab assaulted the bus driver as the bus is driving by the edge of a cliff.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1921Nancy Reagan, First Lady of the United States
- 1927Nilo Soruco, Bolivian songwriter (d. 2004)
- 1927Pat Paulsen, American comedian (d. 1997)
- 1930Balamurali Krishna, Indian Carnatic musician, poet and composer.
- 1939Jet Harris, English bassist (The Shadows) (d. 2011)
- 1956Casey Sander, American actor
- 1969Brian Van Holt, American actor
- 1979Nic Cester, Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jet)
- 1990Ajoo, South Korean singer
- 1994Rebecca Rosso, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.