July 6: Day of the Week
July 6, 2020 was the 188th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 178 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WSJUTQQIEA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words WSJUTQQIEA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 6 Historical Event(s)
- 371 BCThe Battle of Leuctra, where Epaminondas defeats Cleombrotus I, takes place.
- 1253Mindaugas is crowned King of Lithuania.
- 1573Córdoba, Argentina, is founded by Jerónimo Luis de Cabrera.
- 1609Bohemia is granted freedom of religion.
- 1885Louis Pasteur successfully tests his vaccine against rabies. The patient is Joseph Meister, a boy who was bitten by a rabid dog.
- 1905Alfred Deakin becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the second time.
- 1917World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.
- 1919The British dirigible R34 lands in New York, completing the first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean by an airship.
- 1978The Taunton sleeping car fire occurs in Taunton, Somerset killing twelve people.
- 2006The Nathula Pass between India and China, sealed during the Sino-Indian War, re-opens for trade after 44 years.
Who were born on July 6?
- 1766Alexander Wilson, Scottish-born naturalist (d. 1813)
- 1868Princess Victoria of the United Kingdom, member of the British Royal Family (d. 1935)
- 1917Arthur Lydiard, New Zealand running coach (d. 2004)
- 1925Gazi Yasargil, Turkish medical scientist and neurosurgeon (d. 1993)
- 1927Alan Freeman, Australian-born British DJ and radio personality (d. 2006)
- 1945Rodney Matthews, English fantasy artist and illustrator
- 1947Richard Beckinsale, English actor (d. 1979)
- 1951Geoffrey Rush, Australian actor
- 1961Rick Price, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1987Matt O'Leary, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.