July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2019 is the 188th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1456A retrial verdict acquits Joan of Arc of heresy 25 years after her death.
- 1585The Treaty of Nemours abolishes tolerance to Protestants in France.
- 1898U.S. President William McKinley signs the Newlands Resolution annexing Hawaii as a territory of the United States.
- 1915An International Railway trolley with an extreme overload of 157 passengers crashes near Queenston, Ontario, killing 15.
- 1915Militia officer Henry Pedris executed by firing squad at Colombo, Ceylon - an act widely regarded as a miscarriage of justice by the British colonial authorities.
- 1915World War I: end of First Battle of the Isonzo.
- 1937Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Lugou Bridge – Japanese forces invade Beijing, China.
- 1980Institution of sharia in Iran.
- 1983Cold War: Samantha Smith, a U.S. schoolgirl, flies to the Soviet Union at the invitation of Secretary General Yuri Andropov.
- 2011Roof of a stand in De Grolsch Veste Stadium in Enschede which was under construction collapsed, one killed and 14 injured.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1891Tadamichi Kuribayashi, Japanese general (d. 1945)
- 1901Sam Katzman, American film producer (d. 1973)
- 1921Adolf von Thadden, German politician (d. 1996)
- 1927Doc Severinsen, American composer and jazz trumpeter
- 1959Billy Campbell, American actor
- 1960Ralph Sampson, American basketball player
- 1966Jim Gaffigan, American comedian
- 1968Jorja Fox, American actress
- 1979Carl Breeze, British racing driver
- 1988Jack Whitehall, British comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.