July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2018 was the 188th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1575Raid of the Redeswire, the last major battle between England and Scotland.
- 1807Napoleonic Wars: the Peace of Tilsit between France, Prussia and Russia ends the Fourth Coalition.
- 1834In New York City, four nights of rioting against abolitionists began.
- 1898U.S. President William McKinley signs the Newlands Resolution annexing Hawaii as a territory of the United States.
- 1944World War II: Largest Banzai charge of the Pacific War at the Battle of Saipan.
- 1946Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini becomes the first American to be canonized.
- 1956Fritz Moravec and two other Austrian mountaineers make the first ascent of Gasherbrum II (8,035 m).
- 1980During the Lebanese civil war, 83 Tiger militants are killed during what will be known as the Safra massacre.
- 1981U.S. President Ronald Reagan appoints Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female member of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 1991Yugoslav Wars: the Brioni Agreement ends the ten-day independence war in Slovenia against the rest of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1893Miroslav Krleža, Croatian writer (d. 1981)
- 1906William Feller, Croatian-American mathematician/probabilist (d. 1970)
- 1907Robert A. Heinlein, American writer (d. 1988)
- 1917Fidel Sánchez Hernández, El Salvador politician (d. 2003)
- 1936Nikos Xilouris, Greek singer (d. 1980)
- 1970Wayne McCullough, Irish boxer
- 1978Chris Andersen, American basketball player
- 1979Anastasios Gousis, Greek sprinter
- 1990Lee Addy, Ghanian football player
- 2000Princess Purnika of Nepal
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.