July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2019 was the 188th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Conner’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1534European colonization of the Americas: first known exchange between Europeans and natives of the Gulf of St. Lawrence in New Brunswick.
- 1798Quasi-War: the U.S. Congress rescinds treaties with France sparking the “war”.
- 1865American Civil War: four conspirators in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln are hanged.
- 1911The United States, Great Britain, Japan, and Russia sign the North Pacific Fur Seal Convention of 1911 banning open-water seal hunting, the first international treaty to address wildlife preservation issues.
- 1915An International Railway trolley with an extreme overload of 157 passengers crashes near Queenston, Ontario, killing 15.
- 1930Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser begins construction of the Boulder Dam (now known as Hoover Dam).
- 1954Elvis Presley made his radio debut when WHBQ Memphis played his first recording for Sun Records, “That’s All Right.”
- 1959Venus occults the star Regulus. This rare event is used to determine the diameter of Venus and the structure of the Venusian atmosphere.
- 1978The Solomon Islands become independent from the United Kingdom.
- 2002A scandal breaks out in the United Kingdom when news reports accuse MI6 of sheltering Abu Qatada, the supposed European Al Qaeda leader.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1899George Cukor, American director (d. 1983)
- 1904Simone Beck, French chef (d. 1991)
- 1907Robert A. Heinlein, American writer (d. 1988)
- 1911Gretchen Franklin, English actress (d. 2005)
- 1917Fidel Sánchez Hernández, El Salvador politician (d. 2003)
- 1960Ralph Sampson, American basketball player
- 1980Deidre Downs, American beauty queen
- 1982Jan Laštůvka, Czech footballer
- 1984Minas Alozidis, Greek hurdler
- 1988Kaci Brown, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.