July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2019 is the 188th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1575Raid of the Redeswire, the last major battle between England and Scotland.
- 1807Napoleonic Wars: the Peace of Tilsit between France, Prussia and Russia ends the Fourth Coalition.
- 1892Katipunan: the Revolutionary Philippine Brotherhood is established, contributing to the fall of the Spanish Empire in Asia.
- 1915An International Railway trolley with an extreme overload of 157 passengers crashes near Queenston, Ontario, killing 15.
- 1937Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Lugou Bridge – Japanese forces invade Beijing, China.
- 1944World War II: Largest Banzai charge of the Pacific War at the Battle of Saipan.
- 1946Howard Hughes nearly dies when his XF-11 spy plane prototype crashes in a Beverly Hills neighborhood.
- 1959Venus occults the star Regulus. This rare event is used to determine the diameter of Venus and the structure of the Venusian atmosphere.
- 1981U.S. President Ronald Reagan appoints Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female member of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 2005A series of four explosions occurs on London’s transport system killing 56 people including four alleged suicide bombers and injuring over 700 others.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1833Félicien Rops, Belgian artist, and printmaker in etching and aquatint (d. 1898)
- 1860Gustav Mahler, Austrian composer (d. 1911)
- 1891Tadamichi Kuribayashi, Japanese general (d. 1945)
- 1907Robert A. Heinlein, American writer (d. 1988)
- 1942Carmen Duncan, Australian actress
- 1954Rami Fortis, Israeli rock singer (Minimal Compact)
- 1957Berry Sakharof, Turkish-born Israeli guitarist (Minimal Compact)
- 1966Gundula Krause, German folk violinist
- 1972Lisa Leslie, American basketball player
- 1972Manfred Stohl, Austrian rally driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.