July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2019 was the 188th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1543French troops invade Luxembourg.
- 1585The Treaty of Nemours abolishes tolerance to Protestants in France.
- 1915An International Railway trolley with an extreme overload of 157 passengers crashes near Queenston, Ontario, killing 15.
- 1915Militia officer Henry Pedris executed by firing squad at Colombo, Ceylon - an act widely regarded as a miscarriage of justice by the British colonial authorities.
- 1915World War I: end of First Battle of the Isonzo.
- 1946Howard Hughes nearly dies when his XF-11 spy plane prototype crashes in a Beverly Hills neighborhood.
- 1946Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini becomes the first American to be canonized.
- 1952The ocean liner SS United States passes Bishop’s Rock on her maiden voyage, breaking the transatlantic speed record to become the fastest passenger ship in the world.
- 1959Venus occults the star Regulus. This rare event is used to determine the diameter of Venus and the structure of the Venusian atmosphere.
- 1980During the Lebanese civil war, 83 Tiger militants are killed during what will be known as the Safra massacre.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1893Miroslav Krleža, Croatian writer (d. 1981)
- 1902Ted Radcliffe, American baseball player and centenarian (d. 2005)
- 1919Jon Pertwee, English actor (d. 1996)
- 1931David Eddings, American fantasy novelist (d. 2009)
- 1933David McCullough, American historian and author
- 1941Bill Oddie, English comedian and ornithologist
- 1947Gyanendra, deposed king of Nepal
- 1966Jim Gaffigan, American comedian
- 1972Kirsten Vangsness, American actress
- 1980John Buck, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.