July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2020 is the 189th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Douglas’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1585The Treaty of Nemours abolishes tolerance to Protestants in France.
- 1865American Civil War: four conspirators in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln are hanged.
- 1892Katipunan: the Revolutionary Philippine Brotherhood is established, contributing to the fall of the Spanish Empire in Asia.
- 1898U.S. President William McKinley signs the Newlands Resolution annexing Hawaii as a territory of the United States.
- 1915Militia officer Henry Pedris executed by firing squad at Colombo, Ceylon - an act widely regarded as a miscarriage of justice by the British colonial authorities.
- 1954Elvis Presley made his radio debut when WHBQ Memphis played his first recording for Sun Records, “That’s All Right.”
- 1958U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Alaska Statehood Act into law.
- 1978The Solomon Islands become independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1980Institution of sharia in Iran.
- 2002A scandal breaks out in the United Kingdom when news reports accuse MI6 of sheltering Abu Qatada, the supposed European Al Qaeda leader.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1891Virginia Rappe, American actress (d. 1921)
- 1901Vittorio De Sica, Italian director (d. 1974)
- 1911Gian Carlo Menotti, Italian composer (d. 2007)
- 1911Gretchen Franklin, English actress (d. 2005)
- 1931David Eddings, American fantasy novelist (d. 2009)
- 1965Jeremy Guscott, English rugby player
- 1966Neil Tobin, American magician and psychic entertainer
- 1971Christian Camargo, American actor
- 1975Tony Benshoof, American luger
- 1984Marie-Mai, Canadian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.