July 7: Day of the Week
July 7, 2021 is the 188th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 177 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QIEGYDEJWDP? Check your answers here: Unscramble words QIEGYDEJWDP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 7: This Day in History
The terms 7th July, July 7th, and 7/7 (pronounced “Seven-seven”) have been widely used in the Western media as a shorthand for the 7 July 2005 bombings on London’s transport system. In China, this term is used to denote the Battle of Lugou Bridge started on July 7, 1937, marking the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War.
July 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1456A retrial verdict acquits Joan of Arc of heresy 25 years after her death.
- 1798Quasi-War: the U.S. Congress rescinds treaties with France sparking the “war”.
- 1834In New York City, four nights of rioting against abolitionists began.
- 1863United States begins its first military draft; exemptions cost $300.
- 1915Militia officer Henry Pedris executed by firing squad at Colombo, Ceylon - an act widely regarded as a miscarriage of justice by the British colonial authorities.
- 1915World War I: end of First Battle of the Isonzo.
- 1930Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser begins construction of the Boulder Dam (now known as Hoover Dam).
- 1952The ocean liner SS United States passes Bishop’s Rock on her maiden voyage, breaking the transatlantic speed record to become the fastest passenger ship in the world.
- 1991Yugoslav Wars: the Brioni Agreement ends the ten-day independence war in Slovenia against the rest of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- 2002A scandal breaks out in the United Kingdom when news reports accuse MI6 of sheltering Abu Qatada, the supposed European Al Qaeda leader.
Who were born on July 7?
- 1833Félicien Rops, Belgian artist, and printmaker in etching and aquatint (d. 1898)
- 1911Gian Carlo Menotti, Italian composer (d. 2007)
- 1943Toto Cutugno, Italian singer
- 1947Felix Standaert, Belgian diplomat
- 1965Jeremy Kyle, English television presenter
- 1965Mo Collins, American actress
- 1968Jorja Fox, American actress
- 1979Carl Breeze, British racing driver
- 1981Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Indian cricketer
- 1988Ilan Rubin, American drummer (Nine Inch Nails)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.