You’re probably looking for a day of the week calculator. Chances are you have a date in mind and you want to find out what day of the week it was. You’re in luck! This nifty little website will help you solve your problem. Let’s face it, it’s not easy to find an old calendar just to find out what day of the week a particular day is.
It’s also possible that you might be asking the question: “What day of the week was I born?” Whatever your reason is, you’ll get the days of the week you are looking for.
As an added bonus, this website utilizes pages from Wikipedia to extract historical events and birthday of popular individuals. This is useful if you’re creating a scrapbook and you want to know some important events that took place about a particular day.
This website is using the Gregorian calendar system as the basis for computing the day of the week. Dates before 1752 in some European countries were recorded as a Julian calendar date such as the one engraved in the above picture of a church tower in Salisbury, a city in England. (Photo credit: Alan Clarke) Just for fun. Try entering the date you see in the above picture and verify the day of the week.
Here are some interesting facts about the Julian and Gregorian calendars. When the Calendar Act was implemented in Britain, on September 2, 1752 the Britons slept using the old Julian calendar and woke up the following morning using the Gregorian calendar but it suddenly became September 14, 1752. They skipped 11 days overnight. Some neighboring countries made the switch to Gregorian calendar a few centuries earlier while others a few centuries later. For example, the Russians only adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1918. The Greeks did not switch to it until 1923 and they have to skip 13 days instead of just 11 days.
Now, let us begin with today’s date. You may also enter a specific day using the form on the top bar. The year is optional and this website will use the current year if it is not given. All date and time computations are based on the server’s current date and time which is Friday, December 13, 2019 11:43:35 AM UTC.
December 13: Day of the Week
December 13, 2019 is the 347th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 18 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brooke’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1577Sir Francis Drake sets out from Plymouth, England, on his round-the-world voyage.
- 1939World War II: Battle of the River Plate – Captain Hans Langsdorff of the German Deutschland class cruiser (pocket battleship) Admiral Graf Spee engages with Royal Navy cruisers HMS Exeter, HMS Ajax and HMNZS Achilles.
- 1981General Wojciech Jaruzelski declares martial law in Poland to prevent dismantling of the communist system by Solidarity.
- 1989Attack on Derryard checkpoint: The Provisional Irish Republican Army launch an attack on a British Army nonpermanent vehicle checkpoint near Rosslea, Northern Ireland. Two British soldiers are killed and one badly wounded.
- 2003Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit (see Operation Red Dawn).
Who were born on December 13?
- 1914Alan Bullock, British author of the first biography of Hitler written in any language. (d. 2004)
- 1947Dave Hamilton, American baseball player
- 1952Sylvester Ritter (Junkyard Dog), American professional wrestler (d. 1998)
- 1953Ben Bernanke, American economist and current United States Chairman of the Federal Reserve
- 1984Hanna-Maria Seppälä, Finnish swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.