June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2019 was the 161st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1624Signing of the Treaty of Compiègne between France and the Netherlands.
- 1786A landslide dam on the Dadu River created by an earthquake ten days earlier collapses, killing 100,000 in the Sichuan province of China.
- 1924Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
- 1935Dr. Robert Smith takes his last drink, and Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio, United States, by him and Bill Wilson.
- 1940World War II: Norway surrenders to German forces.
- 1942World War II: Nazis burn the Czech village of Lidice in reprisal for the killing of Reinhard Heydrich.
- 1944In baseball, 15-year old Joe Nuxhall of the Cincinnati Reds becomes the youngest player ever in a major-league game.
- 1967The Six-Day War ends: Israel and Syria agree to a cease-fire.
- 1977Apple ships its first Apple II personal computer.
- 2002The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans is carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on June 10?
- 1753William Eustis, 12th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1825)
- 1922Judy Garland, American musical actress (d. 1969)
- 1927Ladislao Kubala, Hungarian-born footballer (d. 2002)
- 1938Violetta Villas, Polish singer and actress (d. 2011)
- 1941David Walker, Australian racing driver
- 1966David Platt, English footballer
- 1967Emma Anderson, British guitarist and songwriter (Lush, Sing-Sing)
- 1968Derek Dooley, American football coach
- 1977Takako Matsu, Japanese singer and actress
- 1981Burton O'Brien, Scottish football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.