June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2020 was the 162nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UBPLAAJY? Check your answers here: Word scramble UBPLAAJY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1692Salem witch trials: Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts, for “certaine Detestable Arts called Witchcraft & Sorceries”.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Big Bethel. Confederate troops under John B. Magruder defeat a much larger Union force led by General Ebenezer W. Pierce in Virginia.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Brice’s Crossroads. Confederate troops under Nathan Bedford Forrest defeat a much larger Union force led by General Samuel D. Sturgis in Mississippi.
- 1935Chaco War ends: a truce is called between Bolivia and Paraguay who had been fighting since 1932.
- 1935Dr. Robert Smith takes his last drink, and Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio, United States, by him and Bill Wilson.
- 1936The Russian animation studio Soyuzmultfilm is founded.
- 1944In baseball, 15-year old Joe Nuxhall of the Cincinnati Reds becomes the youngest player ever in a major-league game.
- 1945Australian Imperial Forces land in Brunei Bay to liberate Brunei.
- 1967Argentina becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1991The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard
Who were born on June 10?
- 1688James Francis Edward Stuart (“The Old Pretender”), English-born claimant to the British throne (d. 1766)
- 1929Ian McCahon Sinclair, Australian politician
- 1949John Sentamu, Ugandan-born Archbishop of York
- 1953John Edwards, American politician and lawyer
- 1961Kim Deal, American bassist (Pixies, The Breeders)
- 1963Jeanne Tripplehorn, American actress
- 1973Pokey Reese, American baseball player
- 1976Hadi Saei Bonehkohal, Persian taekwondoka
- 1979Konstantinos Loumpoutis, Greek football player
- 1989Ryuya Wakaba, Japanese actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.