June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2021 was the 161st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JQPOAUHZZ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters JQPOAUHZZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1190Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowns in the river Saleph while leading an army to Jerusalem.
- 1692Salem witch trials: Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts, for “certaine Detestable Arts called Witchcraft & Sorceries”.
- 1793French Revolution: Following the arrests of Girondin leaders, the Jacobins gain control of the Committee of Public Safety installing the revolutionary dictatorship.
- 1829The first Boat Race between the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge takes place.
- 1854The first class of the United States Naval Academy students graduate.
- 1925Inaugural service for the United Church of Canada, a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches, held in the Toronto Arena.
- 1935Dr. Robert Smith takes his last drink, and Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio, United States, by him and Bill Wilson.
- 1967The Six-Day War ends: Israel and Syria agree to a cease-fire.
- 1977Apple ships its first Apple II personal computer.
- 1991The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard
Who were born on June 10?
- 1832Stephen Mosher Wood, American Politician (d. 1920)
- 1843Heinrich von Herzogenberg, Austrian composer and conductor (d. 1900)
- 1942Gordon Burns, Irish gameshow host and television presenter
- 1953John Edwards, American politician and lawyer
- 1968Bill Burr, American comedian
- 1971Bobby Jindal, American politician, Governor of Louisiana
- 1971Erik Rutan, American singer and guitarist (Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal) and record producer
- 1971Joel “JoJo” Hailey, American R&B singer (K-Ci & JoJo)
- 1984Johanna Kedzierski, German sprinter
- 1985Vasilis Torosidis, Greek football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.