June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2019 was the 161st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chad’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1539Council of Trent: Paul III sends out letters to his bishops, delaying the Council due to war and the difficulty bishops had traveling to Venice.
- 1692Salem witch trials: Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts, for “certaine Detestable Arts called Witchcraft & Sorceries”.
- 1793French Revolution: Following the arrests of Girondin leaders, the Jacobins gain control of the Committee of Public Safety installing the revolutionary dictatorship.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Big Bethel. Confederate troops under John B. Magruder defeat a much larger Union force led by General Ebenezer W. Pierce in Virginia.
- 1878League of Prizren is established, to oppose the decisions of the Congress of Berlin and the Treaty of San Stephano, as a consequence of which the Albanian lands in Balkans were being partitioned and given to the neighbor states of Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria and Greece.
- 1886Mount Tarawera in New Zealand erupts, killing 153 people and destroying the famous Pink and White Terraces.
- 1925Inaugural service for the United Church of Canada, a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches, held in the Toronto Arena.
- 1965Vietnam War: The Battle of Dong Xoai begins.
- 1967Argentina becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1980The African National Congress in South Africa publishes a call to fight from their imprisoned leader Nelson Mandela.
Who were born on June 10?
- 1825Princess Hildegard of Bavaria d. 1864
- 1929E. O. Wilson, American biologist
- 1935Vic Elford, British racing driver
- 1940John Stevens, British drummer (d. 1994)
- 1968The D.O.C., American rapper
- 1975Henrik Pedersen, Danish football player
- 1976Hadi Saei Bonehkohal, Persian taekwondoka
- 1977Takako Matsu, Japanese singer and actress
- 1980Francelino Matuzalem, Brazilian football player
- 1993Vita Chambers, Canadian singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.