June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2019 was the 161st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alberto’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1793French Revolution: Following the arrests of Girondin leaders, the Jacobins gain control of the Committee of Public Safety installing the revolutionary dictatorship.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Brice’s Crossroads. Confederate troops under Nathan Bedford Forrest defeat a much larger Union force led by General Samuel D. Sturgis in Mississippi.
- 1918The Austro-Hungarian battleship Ship SMS sinks after being torpedoed by an Italian MAS motorboat.
- 1944In baseball, 15-year old Joe Nuxhall of the Cincinnati Reds becomes the youngest player ever in a major-league game.
- 1957John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party rule.
- 1977Apple ships its first Apple II personal computer.
- 1991The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard
- 1996Peace talks begin in Northern Ireland without the participation of Sinn Féin.
- 2001Pope John Paul II canonizes Lebanon’s first female saint, Saint Rafqa.
- 2002The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans is carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on June 10?
- 1688James Francis Edward Stuart (“The Old Pretender”), English-born claimant to the British throne (d. 1766)
- 1825Princess Hildegard of Bavaria d. 1864
- 1895Hattie McDaniel, American actress (d. 1952)
- 1913Benjamin Shapira, German-born Israeli biochemist, recipient of the Israel Prize (d. 1993)
- 1919Kevin O'Flanagan, Irish athlete and physician (d. 2006)
- 1941Jürgen Prochnow, German actor
- 1951Dan Fouts, American football player
- 1975Altiyan Childs, Australian singer
- 1976Freddy García, American baseball player
- 1980Ovie Mughelli, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.