June 10: Day of the Week
June 10, 2023 was the 161st day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 204 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LIQGKOA? Check your answers here: Word search LIQGKOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
June 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1619Thirty Years’ War: Battle of Záblatí, a turning point in the Bohemian Revolt.
- 1793The Jardin des Plantes museum opens in Paris. A year later, it becomes the first public zoo.
- 1805First Barbary War: Yusuf Karamanli signs a treaty ending the hostilities between Tripolitania and the United States.
- 1829The first Boat Race between the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge takes place.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Brice’s Crossroads. Confederate troops under Nathan Bedford Forrest defeat a much larger Union force led by General Samuel D. Sturgis in Mississippi.
- 1918The Austro-Hungarian battleship Ship SMS sinks after being torpedoed by an Italian MAS motorboat.
- 1967The Six-Day War ends: Israel and Syria agree to a cease-fire.
- 1977Apple ships its first Apple II personal computer.
- 1977James Earl Ray escapes from Brushy Mountain State Prison in Petros, Tennessee, but is recaptured on June 13.
- 1996Peace talks begin in Northern Ireland without the participation of Sinn Féin.
Who were born on June 10?
- 1839Ludvig Holstein-Ledreborg, Council President of Denmark (d. 1912)
- 1910Frank Demaree, American baseball player (d. 1958)
- 1940John Stevens, British drummer (d. 1994)
- 1955Andrew Stevens, American actor
- 1963Brad Henry, American politician
- 1964Jimmy Chamberlin, American drummer (The Smashing Pumpkins)
- 1966David Platt, English footballer
- 1971Joel “JoJo” Hailey, American R&B singer (K-Ci & JoJo)
- 1979Jake Tsakalidis, Georgian-born Greek basketball player
- 1980Francelino Matuzalem, Brazilian football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.