June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2020 is the 163rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Violet’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1770Captain James Cook runs aground on the Great Barrier Reef.
- 1825The first cornerstone is laid for Fort Hamilton in New York City.
- 1919Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
- 1937Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.
- 1938Second Sino-Japanese War: The Battle of Wuhan starts.
- 1938Second Sino-Japanese War: The Chinese Nationalist government creates the 1938 Yellow River flood to halt Japanese forces. 500,000 to 900,000 civilians are killed.
- 1942World War II: The United States agrees to send Lend-Lease aid to the Soviet Union.
- 1944USS Missouri the last battleship built by the United States Navy and future site of the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, is commissioned.
- 1970After being appointed on May 15, Anna Mae Hays and Elizabeth P. Hoisington officially receive their ranks as U.S. Army Generals, becoming the first females to do so.
- 1998Compaq Computer pays $9 billion for Digital Equipment Corporation in the largest high-tech acquisition.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1713Edward Capell, English critic (d. 1781)
- 1797José Trinidad Reyes, Honduran national hero (d. 1855)
- 1867Charles Fabry, French physicist (d. 1945)
- 1897Ram Prasad Bismil, Indian Revolutionary, Founder of Hindustan Republican Association (d. 1927)
- 1928Fabiola de Mora y Aragón, Spanish-born Queen consort of the Belgians
- 1931Audrey Schuh, American soprano
- 1948Stephen Schnetzer, American actor
- 1949Tom Pryce, British racing driver (d. 1977)
- 1953Georgios Orfanos, Greek politician
- 1985Chris Trousdale, American pop singer and dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.