June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2019 is the 162nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1509Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- 1775The American Revolutionary War’s first naval engagement, the Battle of Machias, results in the capture of a small British naval vessel.
- 1901New Zealand annexes the Cook Islands.
- 1919Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
- 1944USS Missouri the last battleship built by the United States Navy and future site of the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, is commissioned.
- 1962Frank Morris, John Anglin and Clarence Anglin allegedly become the only prisoners to escape from the prison on Alcatraz Island.
- 1963Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc burns himself with gasoline in a busy Saigon intersection to protest the lack of religious freedom in South Vietnam.
- 1998Compaq Computer pays $9 billion for Digital Equipment Corporation in the largest high-tech acquisition.
- 2001Timothy McVeigh is executed for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2002Antonio Meucci is acknowledged as the first inventor of the telephone by the United States Congress.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1456Anne Neville, wife of Richard III of England (d. 1485)
- 1713Edward Capell, English critic (d. 1781)
- 1741Joseph Warren, American doctor and soldier (d. 1775)
- 1847Millicent Fawcett, British suffragist and feminist (d. 1929)
- 1953José Bové, French political activist
- 1963Bruce Kimball, American diver
- 1968Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein
- 1969Olaf Kapagiannidis, German footballer
- 1969Peter Dinklage, American actor
- 1981Emiliano Moretti, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.