June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2019 was the 162nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1184 BCTrojan War: Troy is sacked and burned, according to calculations by Eratosthenes.
- 173Marcomannic Wars: The Roman army in Moravia is encircled by the Quadi, who have broken the peace treaty (171). In a violent thunderstorm emperor Marcus Aurelius defeats and subdues them in the so-called “miracle of the rain”.
- 1594Philip II recognizes the rights and privileges of the local nobles and chieftains in the Philippines, which paved way to the stabilization of the rule of the Principalía (an elite ruling class of native nobility in Spanish Philippines).
- 1775The American Revolutionary War’s first naval engagement, the Battle of Machias, results in the capture of a small British naval vessel.
- 1788Russian explorer Gerasim Izmailov reaches Alaska.
- 1805A fire consumes large portions of Detroit in the Michigan Territory.
- 1938Second Sino-Japanese War: The Battle of Wuhan starts.
- 1962Frank Morris, John Anglin and Clarence Anglin allegedly become the only prisoners to escape from the prison on Alcatraz Island.
- 2001Timothy McVeigh is executed for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2002Antonio Meucci is acknowledged as the first inventor of the telephone by the United States Congress.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1846William Louis Marshall, American general and engineer (d. 1920)
- 1847Millicent Fawcett, British suffragist and feminist (d. 1929)
- 1864Richard Strauss, German composer and conductor (d. 1949)
- 1897Ram Prasad Bismil, Indian Revolutionary, Founder of Hindustan Republican Association (d. 1927)
- 1948Michael Swan, American actor
- 1963Sandra Schmirler, Canadian curler (d. 2000)
- 1970Chris Rice, American singer and songwriter
- 1977Shane Meier, Canadian actor
- 1983Josh Ramsay, Canadian singer (Marianas Trench)
- 1987TiA, Japanese R&B singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.