June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2019 is the 162nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1184 BCTrojan War: Troy is sacked and burned, according to calculations by Eratosthenes.
- 1770Captain James Cook runs aground on the Great Barrier Reef.
- 1775The American Revolutionary War’s first naval engagement, the Battle of Machias, results in the capture of a small British naval vessel.
- 1788Russian explorer Gerasim Izmailov reaches Alaska.
- 1805A fire consumes large portions of Detroit in the Michigan Territory.
- 1837The Broad Street Riot occurs in Boston, fueled by ethnic tensions between Yankees and Irish.
- 1892The Limelight Department, one of the world’s first film studios, is officially established in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1919Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
- 1956Start of Gal Oya riots, the first reported ethnic riots that target minority Sri Lankan Tamils in the Eastern Province. The total number of deaths is reportedly 150.
- 1963American Civil Rights Movement: Alabama Governor George Wallace stands at the door of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood, from attending that school. Later in the day, accompanied by federalized National Guard troops, they are able to register.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1540Barnabe Googe, English poet (d. 1594)
- 1713Edward Capell, English critic (d. 1781)
- 1897Ram Prasad Bismil, Indian Revolutionary, Founder of Hindustan Republican Association (d. 1927)
- 1917Joseph B. Wirthlin, American religious leader (d. 2008)
- 1932Athol Fugard, South African playwright
- 1953José Bové, French political activist
- 1976Gran Naniwa, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1977Shane Meier, Canadian actor
- 1978Joshua Jackson, Canadian actor
- 1984Andy Lee, Irish boxer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.