June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2022 was the 162nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JUIZHLO? Check your answers here: Word solver JUIZHLO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1594Philip II recognizes the rights and privileges of the local nobles and chieftains in the Philippines, which paved way to the stabilization of the rule of the Principalía (an elite ruling class of native nobility in Spanish Philippines).
- 1776The Continental Congress appoints Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston to the Committee of Five to draft a declaration of independence.
- 1892The Limelight Department, one of the world’s first film studios, is officially established in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1919Sir Barton wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first horse to win the Triple Crown.
- 1937Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.
- 1972The Eltham Well Hall rail crash, caused by an intoxicated train driver, kills six people and injures 126.
- 1998Compaq Computer pays $9 billion for Digital Equipment Corporation in the largest high-tech acquisition.
- 2002Antonio Meucci is acknowledged as the first inventor of the telephone by the United States Congress.
- 2004Cassini-Huygens makes its closest flyby of the Saturn moon Phoebe.
- 2008Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper makes an historic official apology to Canada’s First Nations in regard to a residential school abuse in which children are isolated from their homes, families and cultures for a century.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1888Bartolomeo Vanzetti, Italian anarchist (d. 1927)
- 1917Joseph B. Wirthlin, American religious leader (d. 2008)
- 1919Helen Tobias-Duesberg, Estonian-born American composer
- 1949Tom Pryce, British racing driver (d. 1977)
- 1956Joe Montana. American football player
- 1960Mehmet Oz, American television host, surgeon, inventor
- 1967Clare Carey, American actress
- 1970Chris Rice, American singer and songwriter
- 1977Shane Meier, Canadian actor
- 1978Ujjwala Raut, Indian supermodel
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.