June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2021 was the 162nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters INLOOTHIVZBPI? Check your answers here: Word scramble INLOOTHIVZBPI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1594Philip II recognizes the rights and privileges of the local nobles and chieftains in the Philippines, which paved way to the stabilization of the rule of the Principalía (an elite ruling class of native nobility in Spanish Philippines).
- 1788Russian explorer Gerasim Izmailov reaches Alaska.
- 1825The first cornerstone is laid for Fort Hamilton in New York City.
- 1892The Limelight Department, one of the world’s first film studios, is officially established in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1907George Dennett, aided by Gilbert Jessop, dismisses Northamptonshire for 12 runs, the lowest total in first-class cricket.
- 1920During the U.S. Republican National Convention in Chicago, U.S. Republican Party leaders gathered in a room at the Blackstone Hotel to come to a consensus on their candidate for the U.S. presidential election, leading the Associated Press to first coin the political phrase “smoke-filled room”.
- 1938Second Sino-Japanese War: The Chinese Nationalist government creates the 1938 Yellow River flood to halt Japanese forces. 500,000 to 900,000 civilians are killed.
- 1981A Richter Scale 6.9 magnitude earthquake at Golbaf, Iran, kills at least 2,000.
- 1998Compaq Computer pays $9 billion for Digital Equipment Corporation in the largest high-tech acquisition.
- 2001Timothy McVeigh is executed for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1723Johann Georg Palitzsch, German astronomer (d. 1788)
- 1832Lucy Pickens, American and Confederate socialite (d. 1899)
- 1880Jeannette Rankin, American politician, feminist and pacifist (d. 1973)
- 1937Johnny Brown, American comedian
- 1959Hugh Laurie, English actor and comedian
- 1963Sandra Schmirler, Canadian curler (d. 2000)
- 1967João Garcia, Portuguese mountaineer
- 1969Matt McGrath, American actor
- 1976Gran Naniwa, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1982Joey Graham, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.