June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2020 is the 163rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fredrick’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1509Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- 1594Philip II recognizes the rights and privileges of the local nobles and chieftains in the Philippines, which paved way to the stabilization of the rule of the Principalía (an elite ruling class of native nobility in Spanish Philippines).
- 1775The American Revolutionary War’s first naval engagement, the Battle of Machias, results in the capture of a small British naval vessel.
- 1805A fire consumes large portions of Detroit in the Michigan Territory.
- 1898Spanish-American War: U.S. war ships set sail for Cuba.
- 1901New Zealand annexes the Cook Islands.
- 1962Frank Morris, John Anglin and Clarence Anglin allegedly become the only prisoners to escape from the prison on Alcatraz Island.
- 1978Altaf Hussain founds the students’ political movement All Pakistan Muhajir Students Organisation (APMSO) in Karachi University.
- 1981A Richter Scale 6.9 magnitude earthquake at Golbaf, Iran, kills at least 2,000.
- 2002Antonio Meucci is acknowledged as the first inventor of the telephone by the United States Congress.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1723Johann Georg Palitzsch, German astronomer (d. 1788)
- 1920Irving Howe, American literary and social critic (d. 1993)
- 1922John Bromfield, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1934Henrik, French-born Prince Consort of Denmark
- 1947Bob Evans, British racing driver
- 1955Yuriy Sedykh, Ukrainian hammer thrower
- 1963Bruce Kimball, American diver
- 1967João Garcia, Portuguese mountaineer
- 1979Amy Taylor, Australian television presenter and model
- 1982Johnny Candido, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.