June 11: Day of the Week
June 11, 2019 was the 162nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 203 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the June calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Pearl is the modern birthstone for this month. Moonstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chloe’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
June 11 Historical Event(s)
- 173Marcomannic Wars: The Roman army in Moravia is encircled by the Quadi, who have broken the peace treaty (171). In a violent thunderstorm emperor Marcus Aurelius defeats and subdues them in the so-called “miracle of the rain”.
- 1509Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- 1892The Limelight Department, one of the world’s first film studios, is officially established in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1903Group of Serbian officers stormed royal palace and assassinated King Alexander Obrenović and his wife queen Draga.
- 1917King Alexander assumes the throne of Greece after his father Constantine I abdicates under pressure by allied armies occupying Athens.
- 1937Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.
- 1942World War II: The United States agrees to send Lend-Lease aid to the Soviet Union.
- 1955Eighty-three are killed and at least 100 are injured after an Austin-Healey and a Mercedes-Benz collide at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the deadliest ever accident in motorsports.
- 1963Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc burns himself with gasoline in a busy Saigon intersection to protest the lack of religious freedom in South Vietnam.
- 1998Compaq Computer pays $9 billion for Digital Equipment Corporation in the largest high-tech acquisition.
Who were born on June 11?
- 1672Francesco Antonio Bonporti, Italian priest and composer (d. 1749)
- 1713Edward Capell, English critic (d. 1781)
- 1877Renée Vivien, English-born French poet (d. 1909)
- 1913Risë Stevens, American operatic soprano
- 1922John Bromfield, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1940Joey Dee, American musician (Joey Dee and the Starliters)
- 1948Dave Cash, American baseball player
- 1950Graham Russell, British guitarist and vocalist (Air Supply)
- 1975Choi Ji Woo, South Korean actress and model
- 1978Joshua Jackson, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.